Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

What is the best deal you have ever gotten on any domain, like a total steal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edwin

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I guess on the drop front the best was when I picked up a .co.uk name and, before I'd even noticed I'd got it, I had a couple of offers waiting in my email. Ended up selling it for 6,000 pounds within days of getting it for 20 pounds.

Edder

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Edwin is a very lucky name. That's all I can say.

-Edwin

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
lmfao....yeah dude all those mentioned above definitely rock, sometimes it's just magic...anyone else?, feel free to ramble, I always do! :approve:

Another deal alot of you may have already heard about that is short of amazing is about 2 years ago i sold WinRealBig.com for a good low $x,xxx to a credit card company that was launching a promotion with the same name, then after they were done with it they let it drop and amazingly I was the only person to backorder it (?)
so I got the name BACK and then resold it in an ebay auction with just a few other OK names that went to another $x,xxx! hahahha, and this was one of those domains I had just hand registered one day for the heck of it...now who else has sold the same name twice? Altogether that one name I got for $8.88 made me nearly $5,000 total and I can always say i sold it twice! HAHAHAHHA I love domains! yoohooo! :cheeky:

stevey

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i brought a domain for $120 a few months back its now making over $100 a month, thats the best deal i got so far

octobus

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I manually registered a drop and about a week later I sold it for $5000.

KwelX

The Godfather
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I've a a few hand registrations sell for over $1k each.
My best Traffic name was a hand reg still making $300-$600/month.

Not bad but I still consider myself a newbie :p

dragonhawk

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
*sob* I have no luck... bought a few domains, but still ended up losing on all of them :(

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
you can't win ALL the time, just keep pushing and eventually lady luck will budge! You have to only go after domains in four main categories...

1) natural traffic / tons of links and traffic...PPC earning names.
2) short generic useful domains for important industries - traffic irrelevant.
3) names with a known value you buy, but low enough to resell for profit.
4) current event/technology names i.e. you grabbed voip.us, etc...beat the rat race.

These are the guidelines I mostly adhere to and you pretty much cannot go wrong, the secret of course to any "sale" (if you want to call it that) is finding and contacting a BUYER...that's all that really stands between you and that ca$h..pick up the phone, send out some emails, throw out some offers...it's all a numbers game. Hope this helps! :eek:k:

Chris

Ps- just pattern what YOU do after other successful people, don't try to re-invent the wheel...it's still round after all these years...new ideas are the basis of huge success but don't put all your eggs in one basket with the far fetched new business ideas, there are core values that will allow you to buy and resell domains for a profit, sometimes a quite signifigant one, don't go on a registration spree spending hundreds or even thousands of dollars...be very select in what you buy and be very attentive to detail, research some stats, learn the market and start small...and the sky is the limit from there!

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Mocus said:
Ps- just pattern what YOU do after other successful people, don't try to re-invent the wheel...it's still round after all these years...

I think that's horrible advice...the "successful" people in this industry (Chena, Dicker, Schwartz) all have too many resources to compete with. Unless you have some good cash to start out with, trying to imitate what those guys do will be a waste of time. Instead, look for a niche, something you do very well that may not be very popular yet and work hard to exploit it.

JMJ

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
$7.10 -> $2000 within two weeks. $7.10 -> $1500 within two weeks. $40 -> $3250 within two weeks. Hope to add to the list a few more times, within two weeks. :)

Shaggy

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
More..

Got a name at NW for $210, Sold it a few months later for $6000
Had several $6.95 regs that sold for $500 -$1000 a few weeks later.

DNjet

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
few years ago , for whatever reason I registered 1Left.com , month later guy finds me through whois wants to buy it , responded with $3,500 , we settled on $2,750.

croupier

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Worst miss was pokerplayer.net on dnforum. Had a BIN of $1500 and I woulda ripped his arm off at that price but for some reason I hadn't logged in for about a day and missed it :(

The damn thing had been up for 30 hours before being sold! - I missed it by 2 hours.

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
croupier said:
Worst miss was pokerplayer.net on dnforum. Had a BIN of $1500 and I woulda ripped his arm off at that price but for some reason I hadn't logged in for about a day and missed it :(

The damn thing had been up for 30 hours before being sold! - I missed it by 2 hours.

I know, what a frickin steal, thats a very high earning domain I have seen the stats on many times..

Mocus said:
4) current event/technology names i.e. you grabbed voip.us, etc...beat the rat race.

Ps- just pattern what YOU do after other successful people, don't try to re-invent the wheel...it's still round after all these years...new ideas are the basis of huge success but don't put all your eggs in one basket with the far fetched new business ideas, there are core values that will allow you to buy and resell domains for a profit

GT, Maybe when you quote things in the future make sure to get all the important info in there...like the phrase
new ideas are the basis of huge success
There still are basic successful methods to buying and selling domains for a profit, whether you are a teenager dealing with a few hundred dollars in names or a businessman with a million dollar portfolio...again, the wheel is STILL round.

Who else has missed some crazy bargains on any of the sites? I know personally there were a few times I just could'nt believe how great a deal was and had only missed it by minutes in a few cases.....

Edder

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Mocus, that article you wrote was a great piece of advice. You should post that in the "articles" section and share your experience with other members. You'll also earn 5 DNF, which is a total steal! :)

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

these may be all accurate, but they wont transform a newbie into a profitable domainer...

it is through our failures that we improve, both in life and general and in the domain industry, I can guarantee you all the "successful" people in this business had many failures from which they learned...

gemsergio

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Picked up 9 unreg domain around 20 days ago and they are making over 30 usd per day not bad for a 60 usd investment :)

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
$159.50 for ZW*.com (bought it off Ebay). A three-letter .com for under $160.

Also, sold a domain for $2,250 and 3 years later the buyer let it drop. It's still unregistered as we speak.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom