Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

What is the domain industry missing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Developper

I am creating new gTLD's
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I usually go to a domain conference every year, but I went to 2 conferences with Mystery 'The Pickup Artist' this year, so I guess I'm spoiled :)
:)

Now, I attended 6 US meetings last year, and 5 this year, and another 6 meetings in other countries each year. Traffics, Domainroundtables, Domainfests and all 3 ICANN Meetings each year. I mostly bring my assistant with me, its an industrial spy. The spy finds the targets, and I talk them up then. Teamwork. But you are right, the amount of "hot" girls is low. And actually thats good.

Mystery is some guy. I read his book. I think, his tools work only on "sick" girls. But then in the US most hot girls are pretty sick. Do you have success with his tools?

When you start dreaming a bit, Tia slaps you back into reality :D

But on the subject of women domainers at conferences, there is one that openly flirts with everyone as long as there is a potential for a sale :D Not naming any names, so don't ask.

Ahh, that one. Yep, better don't name names, I know that if someone would call her "hot", she would shrink his balls by 95% in a single short knee-movement. She would never consider herself "hot". More something like stylish and simply "open".

JuniperPark

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Mystery is some guy. I read his book. I think, his tools work only on "sick" girls. But then in the US most hot girls are pretty sick. Do you have success with his tools?

Definately. His concepts are good for everyone, but it is turned for the extremely attractive women with the 'entitled' mentality, which is the majority here in California.

Los Angeles with Mystery: http://vdale.com/cabo/2008_03_Mystery_Pickup_Conference/index.htm

London with Mystery: http://vdale.com/cabo/2008_06_Europe/index.htm

Europe2008_069_Birmingham.jpg

Last edited:

Developper

I am creating new gTLD's
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

JuniperPark

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
His concepts are even good for domainermeetings! Opening up other domainers is not so different from opening up women.

Very true - a lot of it is social psychology.

Although I don't know that I would be able to walk up to a group of domainers and chat up the guy with the ugly domains (.mobi) so I could have social rapport with the good domainers (with .coms) :)

And how do we handle the make-out step?? :)

Tia Wood

Web Developer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm highly amused that a female whose photo shows milk-pale skin is telling ME to get out in the sunshine! I like at the beach, and just got back from a 2 week hiking trip to Bryce Canyon and the Grand Canyon area... hmmm, I wonder who'se getting more sunshine? :)

I never said I needed sunshine. Actually, I get out regularly and I don't tan. I burn. Then go back to milk-pale white.

I find it hard to believe there are some domainers who don't use any tools. Not even Google to research a name? I use Google often to research what associations a domain might have. I'm surprised everytime.

As far as improvements, I believe the best improvement would be an alternative or improvement to parking and I don't mean mini-sites.

Developper

I am creating new gTLD's
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Very true - a lot of it is social psychology.

Although I don't know that I would be able to walk up to a group of domainers and chat up the guy with the ugly domains (.mobi) so I could have social rapport with the good domainers (with .coms) :)

And how do we handle the make-out step?? :)

You walk up, and talk to the parking provider sales rep. You end up with the owner of x.com, and change location to the private VIP party of Oversee.net. You show some gimmicks, like registering xcmo.es on your mobile device for 10 bucks, and change the letters into sex.com claiming to use "magic" nameservers, and quicksell it at SEDO for 1 million. Every domainer would be struck! In the end, the owner of x.com offers you his domain plus 250 Dollars if you show him which nameservers you use.

Last edited:

.h2o.

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
There are so many different things that are missing its difficult to begin with one. Internet users need, especially webmasters and marketers, to have a complete mentality change about domains. As I said before, a domain name is one of the unique cases where a buyer has $50 in mind while a seller has $20,000. It is an industry that is unpredictable with no major overlooking body.

Let's face it. Buying and selling is not very safe. Many times you are wondering whether you will get your part of the deal. The problem, in myopinion, is a lack of standardization. Domainers should all agree on a sure method of a successful transaction. There needs to be an industry standard. Having a escrow service that is also an accredited registrar is a good start. That way, the domain is in the possession of trusted service while showing that the seller is in fact the owner.

We are under represented, and if a domainer story makes it to prime time news it is almost always negative. ObamaBiden.org for $100,000 on ebay. Bloody ridiculous! Imagine if a major box office movie had a character who sold domains for a living. Maybe that can spread the word about who we are and that we mean business!

We need a voice. We need to connect buyers and sellers. We need a major player (as eBay is to the online auction) to act as a highway route, actively seeking end users by niche and budget. I an not talking about brokers such as Sedo who charge 10% for only a listing or Moniker who only markets their live auctions to other domainers. GoDaddy needs to stop the tittie commercials and start with advertising the power of the domain name itself. It would also help to advertise .me names and other TLD's on their TV campaigns as that can potentially be a cash cow for them. If they can make a funny skit about boobies, they can make a funny skit about owning an awesome domain name.

There are thousands of companies dying for a quality domain name, they just don't know it! They have difficulties marketing their product or service and are seeking Internet users attention. These businesses need to know the value of these undeveloped electronic properties that we own. But who's going to tell them about it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators