Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

closed What is the most you paid for a domain

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

what a boring life you must lead, never having the thrill of telling everyone about a deal you put together.

Domain summit 2024

AMERICAR

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

You like to brag .... huh

Only wannabies do that.

Originally posted by AMERICAR
Nothing to do with non disclosure .. just common courtesy.

Wish former owner of ukq.com new that.

Goh
I no nuffin

Originally posted by 365
what a boring life you must lead, never having the thrill of telling everyone about a deal you put together.

I think you might have that the wrong way round.

It would be a boring life if you felt that you NEEDED to tell everyone about every deal you put together.

This threads question was "what is the most you paid for a domain" everything was going just fine until Americar hijacked it and turned it into a question of ethics. It would have been better if he'd just left the rest of us "wannabes" to brag, boast or whatever we were doing about the purchase of our names.

How many of you guys who think it isn't right to tell anyone about a deal, tell absolutely no one? because the moment you tell just one person, your wife, your brother or your best friend it's then in the public domain and your ethics are out of the window.

If you genuinely tell not one single person then I stick by my statement that you must lead a very boring and insular life.

G

gbrott

I've had a bunch of domains for a long time, but haven't spent any energy trying to sell them - just sort of helf on to them. I've developed a few, but was approached 2 years ago and sold 3 together for $10,000. I don't think that guy would do it again...

I was offered $6k for a domain 5 months ago and briefly considered the offer, since then developed it and now I'm making about $1,000 per month....glad I didn't do that one.

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi gbrott,

I'm very interested in learning about your success (develop a domain in 5 months and make $1,000 per month). Could your share more? Thanks.

AMERICAR

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Life wasn't meant to be easy.

I didn't hijack the damn thread, your the one who started thru boring stuff in.

I just gave my opinion of how one should conduct ones self when your talking about other peoples domains, because they are not yours anymore if you sold it.

As in if another dealer purchased it from you to resell, do you think that the rest of the World should be told how much he / she paid for the name.

It's different if you sell at a public auction then it's public knowledge.

Any way you conduct your business in your own way, and i will do it my way.

OK

I developed a site 2 years ago and was approached by a large plc to bring it under their umberalla. I was offered a good salary, £100,000 of share options, £100,000 annual marketing budget and a £25,000 budget for buying content.

I did the deal, GAVE them the site/domain in return for all the above and a clause that said I also got £10,000 for the domains if they sacked me within 12 months.

Three months later they had a change of direction and I was sacked. It then got very acromonious and it turned out that the contract I had was full of clauses that could be interpreted in many ways, the upshot of which was that I lost all my options and they said they wouldn't give me more than £5000 for the domains!!

You need a lot of money to fight big business and I didn't have it, so I lost the lot. So when people talk about ethics I know from first hand experience that big business rarely has ethics.

AMERICAR

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Ok 365.

You got a rough deal, but im not talkin about big business, if you should ever happen to sell a domain name to a big business they will have enough lawyers and clauses in the sale contract so that no disclosure can ever be revealed.

They can take care of themselves, i was talking about asking the buyers permission to bandy about the sales price before telling the World.

Blah' lets forget about it and get on with being boring, whats it matter anyway.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators