Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

What the hell I am fully fed up!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

slaich2000

Level 3
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I am really fed up in domain name industry. I have 9-10 domain waiting for such to sell it but I have 0 luck. My father don't believe in internet domain name properties. I am 22 and with zero pennies.... This is hell.

Last edited:

Tia Wood

Web Developer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
"If you are going through hell, keep going."
~ Winston Churchill

"Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence.
Talent will not; nothing in the world is more common than unsuccessful men with talent.
Genius will not; unrewarded genius is a proverb.
Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts.
Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent."
~ Calvin Coolidge

Tia Wood

Web Developer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Then fight back more and more.

:)

How long have you been domaining?

slaich2000

Level 3
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I have domaining since last 10-11 months with 0 success. I think I have to play with one big premium domain for $x,xx,xxx.

Tia Wood

Web Developer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
What medium are you using to sell your domains and what are your selling methods (cold calls, emails, letters, park and wait, submit to sedo or similar, etc?)

stock_post

JewelryRelated.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You are only 22 - You have a lot of good time ahead of you.
Don't start blaming your Dad on a public forum.

Your parents have your best interest in their hart (some time they are over protective)
-- Not enough reason to bash them on a public forum.

You will regret this one you become a father.

jasdon11

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have domaining since last 10-11 months with 0 success. I think I have to play with one big premium domain for $x,xx,xxx.

Don't kid yourself - it's far easier and more profitable to buy a domain for $7 and sell it for $20, than it is to buy a domain for $10000 and sell it for $10020.

You: "Dad, can I borrow $100k to buy a really good domain that I can go on to make a profit with?"

Dad: "How many names have you sold and how much profit have you made so far?"

You: "None, and nothing"

Dad: "Stop wasting yours and my time - come back when you can show me a proven track record of success, and a plan"

Would you lend yourself $100k?

Last edited:

stock_post

JewelryRelated.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

James: In our world (most common in south Asia) and specific to India

Dad lend you means (you got it for good and he can forget it)
-- That is the way we were raised
Parents -- > Givers -- >Kids - Spender/(wasters in some cases)

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am really fed up in domain name industry. I have 9-10 domain waiting for such to sell it but I have 0 luck. My father don't believe in internet domain name properties. He can purchase domain for $1 million but he don't believe in domain names and don't have knowledge in it. I am 22 and with zero pennies.... This is hell.

Hi

i took a look at the domains you have posted and to be honest, i can see why you haven't had a sale yet.

don't be discouraged, find a mentor, go back and read.

stay away from hard sellers, like cctlds, new gtlds etc

imo...

slaich2000

Level 3
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
i have understood. I am blaming my dad. I am only posting my domains to forums for sale no emails or cold calls. Any methods so i can boost up the sales?

charlescarreon

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Better you should give up on the space than become frustrated and desperate. The worst domain buy I ever saw was the purchase of SEX.TV by a wonderful Irish gentleman who lost so much money it virtually ruined him. He was serially snookered by the .TV domain people and the adult industry, and all because he heard how much money had been made on SEX.COM. But he didn't know how to investigate, how to research, how to understand the market he was trying to penetrate. You wouldn't try to sell shoes if you didn't know the difference between Doc Martens and Jimmy Choo, if you couldn't tell a loafer from a lace-up, so take some time to learn your chosen field. Study the successful plays, focus on your target markets, and before you buy it, ask yourself "Why would anyone buy this domain?"

Deleted member 70408

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Don't kid yourself - it's far easier and more profitable to buy a domain for $7 and sell it for $20, than it is to buy a domain for $10000 and sell it for $10020.

You: "Dad, can I borrow $100k to buy a really good domain that I can go on to make a profit with?"

Dad: "How many names have you sold and how much profit have you made so far?"

You: "None, and nothing"

Dad: "Stop wasting yours and my time - come back when you can show me a proven track record of success, and a plan"

Disagree - big time.

It's far easier and ultimately much more profitable to buy a single $5k name and sell it for $15k than it is to buy hundreds of newly registered names and sell them for 3x the price you paid. It's more than likely you won't sell anywhere close to all of your reg fee names, while you need to find just one buyer to flip the premium name.

I started out by flipping reg fee names about 6-7 years ago, and as much fun as it is, it's a lot more work to find and flip those than it is to find and flip a premium name.

The caveat is that you need to do your homework before buying the $5k domain name so you know what it could be worth and where to sell it.

** Edit
Re-read what you wrote, and I guess you are right in a sense that it wouldn't be smart to buy a $10k name to sell it and make a $20.00 profit. I don't know why anyone would even do that, which is why I misread what you wrote.

think

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Look out if you plan to get rich quick in domains. If it were that easy we'd all be billionaires. Discipline yourself to spend a great deal of time researching what domains are selling well and why they are selling well. This is a tough business with high risk speculation. Don't spend money you can't afford to lose. Always plan for your renewal costs. They happen every year just like taxes and can destroy even the best of domainers.

Be persistent in your quest for knowledge if this is the business you truly want to be in. If you love research, reading through lists with thousands and thousands of domains to maybe find one or two gems, and have the patience to wait more than a year or two for a good sale, this industry may be right for you . Best of luck!

DN BROKER

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Thats your problem, your attitude. Domaining is not for everyone. If you want to flip a coin for a dollar, then invest your money into Black Jack.

It takes more courage to learn the business then just jumping on the wagon to make money! Domains are expiring on a daily basis and don't require you to have a million dollar to flip one. In your case if your father has so much money, then what are you doing wasting time with Domaining? Unless your planning to invest long term in generic .com's then you may have a chance! Even then, no one know the outcome of the market in the next 10 years. One thing is for sure, if the world does not go to world war. Then their will be return on your purchase. Either way, your attitude of thinking you can't make a dollar just because you committed 12 months into our community is unacceptable. Domaining is a game that requires patience! You may get luck and sell your first domain on your first day in the business, or take 10 years! At the end of the day it's not just about the money. It's about the learning process and mastering the craft! Domaining skills can also be applied in other major industries. I recommend you analyze yourself and see if your made for this task of selling and buying domain names. Unless your one of the lucky ones who started early in the game, your not going to flip a domain name for $$$ $$$ or even $$ $$$. iPhone.com was a lucky dude who sold his domain based on being lucky and made a fortune. Such lucks are rare, your better off playing your local lottery!

Now, if you are really serious about Domaining. Then like anything else in life, you listen to peoples opinion and either learn from it or quit. Very simple. Who care what your father thinks or how much money he has. Your problem is, your trying to prove something to someone who will never understand the value of a .com

I suggest you invest 100% of your money into .com's - those who invest outside of the .com sector take longer and in some cases never sell their domain names. .com is the king and will always dominate the end users thinking to invest in virtual real estate.

Domainers like myself who started late and learned the hard way know that in order to make money, you need to invest very little and sell for little. This method of purchasing domains for reg fee to $300 has helped me work at home full time. Thousands of expired domains that are aged well from 5-13 years old drop everyday. Knowing what to look for is not easy and takes time. The only way to learn is by loosing money.

Nothing in life is easy, but hard work and patience pays! If your doing this for money, then you are what I consider a short term Domainer. Their is more to Domaining then just making money. Their is the discussions, debates and the fun of selling and buying domains.

Negative attitude will only serve you negative outcomes. If you seriously have so much cash in your fathers hands, why not invest in development. The key element in success online is DEVELOPMENT. Majority of us Domainers don't have the funds for Development. I'm not talking about cheezy templates or cheezy social networking websites. Their is more to development then just hiring a PHP Guru.

Development is high risk and expensive. But the risk is also rewarding, those who are successful profit into the millions or even billions.

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

First, I've been in "the game" for over 2 years now (3?) and the largest sale I've made is $90 (I can count the sales I've made on one hand). While I'm not aggressive with sales, I always post the domains I'm dropping for sale here and I've made very few sales.

If you really want to start selling look at your asking prices, maybe you're asking too much (I have NOT looked at your sales).

Or, start developing and building up traffic. Throw up a Wordpress site with some AdSense and make 2-3 posts a week. Build up the traffic and then try to sell it.

While quality is far better than quantity, you don't need a seven figure name to do well.

Here's one suggestion: Concentrate on a niche you know well, think of a hobby or your job. You know the keywords that insiders look for and it will be eaiser for youto come up with original content.

Last edited:

DomainsInc

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
you gotta start from the bottom up unless you were lucky enough to hand reg in 1995 or are filthy rich.

slaich2000

Level 3
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I will work very very tough now. Inuff is inuff. Thanks friends you have encouraged me a lot. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom