Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

What the hell I am fully fed up!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Get a life dude, we are trying to help this OP, wtf are you doing?

more like you're trying to convince newbies to "trust you" and that you got other newbies thinking you know wtf you're talking about

when in fact, your ass posts more newbie type questions than members who just joined yesterday

you already posted a link to your article once in this thread, why you gotta come back again and re-interate that shit

it ain't about you and how many mutha ****n domains you sold

yeah i said it!

imo...

DN BROKER

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
more like you're trying to convince newbies to "trust you" and that you got other newbies thinking you know wtf you're talking about

when in fact, your ass posts more newbie type questions than members who just joined yesterday

you already posted a link to your article once in this thread, why you gotta come back again and re-interate that shit

it ain't about you and how many mutha ****n domains you sold

yeah i said it!

imo...

Look up the word:
pathetic

if you need help hearing it, here you go:

http://www.merriam-webster.com/cgi-bin/audio.pl?pathet01=pathetic

tetrapak

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
OP, this is how you can build up trust for your father:

Instead of asking him money for buying domains, start a wordpress site for free with your favorite topic. Let it be art movies, or knives, whatever interests you. Research the topic, try to find a specific niche within your topic that is not well covered by any other website. This way you can build a little wordpress (you can use any platform you like actually) site that within a few months should bring in some dollars even with Adsense that you can then spend on domains. This is how I started 5 years ago, and believe me, not owing money to anyone feels great.

bobovia

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
My old man doesn't understand me regging domains either. But what the hell. Gotta try.

DomainsInc

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Disagree - big time.

It's far easier and ultimately much more profitable to buy a single $5k name and sell it for $15k than it is to buy hundreds of newly registered names and sell them for 3x the price you paid. It's more than likely you won't sell anywhere close to all of your reg fee names, while you need to find just one buyer to flip the premium name.

I started out by flipping reg fee names about 6-7 years ago, and as much fun as it is, it's a lot more work to find and flip those than it is to find and flip a premium name.

The caveat is that you need to do your homework before buying the $5k domain name so you know what it could be worth and where to sell it.

** Edit
Re-read what you wrote, and I guess you are right in a sense that it wouldn't be smart to buy a $10k name to sell it and make a $20.00 profit. I don't know why anyone would even do that, which is why I misread what you wrote.
Obviously it would be more profitable if you can consistantly sell premium domains for far more than you paid. However as I am sure you are aware many high priced domains have been sold at a loss, especially in the past year. Its much more of a risk in my opinion to start in the big money domains. Especially if you are relying on the sales as necessary income to live.

MAllie

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This may seem off topic, but it's relevant to the posts on this thread: why the big gap before some of the messages? Or is it my eyes?

DaddyHalbucks

Domain Buyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Investing and entrepreneurship are usually long term projects, and they requires nerves of steel. If you can't wait the years, get a regular job (if you can find one).

If you aren't making much progress, one successful strategy is to study people in the business who are successful. Learn from others. Many will assist as mentors. Knock on lots of doors.

Last edited:

charlescarreon

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I feel the urge to ramble on this topic.

Thoughts: It is very late in the game and many experienced players honed their skills and built their assets in a more charitable time. Kremen got Sex.Com without even paying a reg fee.

It used to be possible to build Page Rank with a few bucks. I once had an email spider before spam was considered evil or illegal, and hosed traffic at sites with cute little newsletters full of links. I pumped sites up to PR 4 and 5 with modest investments in Google clicks that I bought for a nickel a piece. Those clicks now cost $10 - $15 for legal terms. I'm outta that game.

Meanwhile selling clicks to Google has gotten harder and harder.

Parking used to make good money -- not that it ever did for me. Affiliate programs used to do better. Now there's competition crowding in every day as the economy pushes more people online to try their hand at any web-scheme they can get their hands on.

As a result, domain valuations have fallen, people are winnowing out their holdings, and I'm noticing when I let stuff drop, nobody even picks it up. I keep getting solicited to buy the dot-com of every dot-net I own, and the other day I did break down and get WhiteHatLawyer.com for $99, because I'd wanted it for ten years. And that's what it would've cost me to have it registered for ten years. Of course I would've used it, but I've got it now, and I think it's a good deal. Meanwhile, I'm chucking the rubbish that I don't care about. When nobody picks it up, I realize it really was rubbish.

Honan

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am really fed up in domain name industry. I have 9-10 domain waiting for such to sell it but I have 0 luck. My father don't believe in internet domain name properties. I am 22 and with zero pennies.... This is hell.
Give up now before you lose any more money
Most people lose money on domains

---------- Post added at 06:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:50 PM ----------

This may seem off topic, but it's relevant to the posts on this thread: why the big gap before some of the messages? Or is it my eyes?
They are banner adverts
Not displaying to you for some reason

allroundguy

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Some people find enough gold to make a living.
There is no "Gold Industry".
Only "Gold Mining Accessory" Industry.
Dont look for gold.
Do like the big guys: Sell Shovels, sacks, tents, advice, registration, appraisals.
It aint need to be correct: Desperate people believe anything, they even pray.
Whatever people say: Domains are names for Internet Addresses.
Any name can be used for any purpose.
Some names are considered by some people to be more or less appropriate for some purpose.
But somebody really motivated pays what it takes to get what he/she wants.
Some people pay a fortune for a home nearby some place or person.
Whatever the condition of the house or neighborhood.
It doesn't take advice -it takes a motivated buyer.

Yes,
You could find gold.
Yes, enough for a living.
But don't wait.
Many people already have a shovel.

Success!

MAllie

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It aint need to be correct: Desperate people believe anything, they even pray.

That's the bit I don't agree with. I think it does need to be correct (from the grammar and punctuation upwards). There's enough false stuff on the web already. Whatever your angle, I think you should try to be as professional as possible, and have the information you're imparting as accurate as possible. Just because someone is desperate doesn't mean that you can offer them something substandard. In fact, it's probably to those people you should give of your very best. Yes, many people on the web already have a shovel, but some of them are shovelling shit. I don't want to be one of those and, I'm sure, neither do you.

DomainsInc

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I feel the urge to ramble on this topic.

Thoughts: It is very late in the game and many experienced players honed their skills and built their assets in a more charitable time. Kremen got Sex.Com without even paying a reg fee.

It used to be possible to build Page Rank with a few bucks. I once had an email spider before spam was considered evil or illegal, and hosed traffic at sites with cute little newsletters full of links. I pumped sites up to PR 4 and 5 with modest investments in Google clicks that I bought for a nickel a piece. Those clicks now cost $10 - $15 for legal terms. I'm outta that game.

Meanwhile selling clicks to Google has gotten harder and harder.

Parking used to make good money -- not that it ever did for me. Affiliate programs used to do better. Now there's competition crowding in every day as the economy pushes more people online to try their hand at any web-scheme they can get their hands on.

As a result, domain valuations have fallen, people are winnowing out their holdings, and I'm noticing when I let stuff drop, nobody even picks it up. I keep getting solicited to buy the dot-com of every dot-net I own, and the other day I did break down and get WhiteHatLawyer.com for $99, because I'd wanted it for ten years. And that's what it would've cost me to have it registered for ten years. Of course I would've used it, but I've got it now, and I think it's a good deal. Meanwhile, I'm chucking the rubbish that I don't care about. When nobody picks it up, I realize it really was rubbish.
Yeah, I don't think people who were around in the early days realized how lucky they were to be of age and online at that time.

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
OP, this is how you can build up trust for your father:

Instead of asking him money for buying domains, start a wordpress site for free with your favorite topic. Let it be art movies, or knives, whatever interests you. Research the topic, try to find a specific niche within your topic that is not well covered by any other website. This way you can build a little wordpress (you can use any platform you like actually) site that within a few months should bring in some dollars even with Adsense that you can then spend on domains. This is how I started 5 years ago, and believe me, not owing money to anyone feels great.

WP is the best way for any beginner to go. It's easy, it's free, tons of tutorials on it (if you need it), and tons of free themes and plugins.

Look at your budget and get 2-5 good domains for your hobby / niche. Build up the site - throw in some AdSense and local affiliate links.

Most of the time when you get those emails you can either hand-reg the .com (which I've done quite a few times) or be able to hand-register it when it drops.

I actually got a .com (backorder - I needed it) and after I got it a company like this was emailing me offering to sell me the domain (yes, I owned it). They were actively selling it on their site for over a year after I got it - I don't even think they monitor what they do.

DaddyHalbucks

Domain Buyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
People complain and moan about opportunities passing them by in the domain biz, but the reality is that this is the best time to be in the business..ever.

Sure, you could have grabbed gems for free in 1994, but... domains were not proven as a business. They were hard to monetize, and harder to resell for big bucks.

These days, there is a wide range of options, and domains are coming of age. At least a few options exist for pledging them as collateral. And there are tons of monetization options.

The recent downturn in the economy means the time is even better for investing NOW.

All you need is creativity and drive. It can be done.

mjnels

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Get a life dude, we are trying to help this OP, wtf are you doing? GET OVER IT, YOUR NOT A MOD!

i'll be first in line to buy your e-book. :rolleyes:

how about you get a life and stop pretending to be a domainer... this forum would be better off without your ridiculous posts.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Daddy you're so right. It's a good time for investors.

Rockefeller

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Its probably because you have crappy domain names, you can't sell bubblegum in the lock jaw ward at Belleview.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i'll be first in line to buy your e-book. :rolleyes:

how about you get a life and stop pretending to be a domainer... this forum would be better off without your ridiculous posts.

I don't want to be involved in a dispute between you and Hope but the ironic thing about what you said is I thought Hope's post was so good I earlier asked Hope for permission to republish what she said here http://www.dnforum.com/f578/how-find-end-users-your-domains-thread-381264.html on my blog (something I rarely have ever done before) which I think is one of the top posts of all time on DNF as far as valuable and helpful advice goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom