Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

What the hell I am fully fed up!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doc

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am really fed up in domain name industry. I have 9-10 domain waiting for such to sell it but I have 0 luck. My father don't believe in internet domain name properties. He can purchase domain for $1 million but he don't believe in domain names and don't have knowledge in it. I am 22 and with zero pennies.... This is hell.

Firstly don't blame your father , the attitude of the old gen. is different . They believe in the reality . Being in Delhi (Rajouri), one should know that much. In terms of returns real estate sector sector is still a hundred times much better than the virtual real estate.
If you have gotten into domaining , think of it as an additional thing. Don't consider it the only thing in your life. One can't get extremely high returns very quickly.Domining is part luck , part hard work .
Most important of all invest wisely .[Everyone makes a few mistakes initially , so don't make a big one ;) ]
and if need advice ask in the forum. Everyone's willing to help out. :)

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
ask yourself "Why would anyone buy this domain?"
Exactly.
That is one critical point that is so often overlooked.

It's all about quality in this game, not quantity.
Also, you won't hit the jackpot with fresh regs.
Nothing wrong with fresh regs, you can flip them for 50 times reg fee and even more... I'm doing on a regular basis. It works if you know what you're doing.
When you are more experienced you will want to explore the aftermarket for higher caliber names. The investment is higher but the potential rewards are much higher too.

Personally I think it's a good thing that you didn't register more than a dozen domains. Because it's typical to make poor registrations in the beginning so don't overdo it. We often see newbies buying up hundreds of worthless domains, that they eventually don't renew and then they drop out of domaining.
They lost money. Don't fall in that trap.

My suggestions:
  • focus on domains that have a clear, identified market and obvious commercial use
  • always keep in mind that end users won't purchase your domains if they can find available domains of similar or even better quality... they are not silly. Put yourself in their shoes.
  • assume your domains won't sell, prefer domains you're willing to keep and develop if they won't sell
  • don't be a victim of registration frenzy, registering new domains is cool but renewal sucks

PS: don't involve your parents ;)

Good luck :)

Stian

www.bitweb.no
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
First of all look at your starting budget. If you only have $500 to start with, instead of hand-regging 50 names which you will have to renew next year (as you won't sell any of them until then), buy 3-4 CCC.com's or "premium" LLLL.com's or try to find a LLL.net bargain etc.

It is important that you buy domains that are easy to liquidate, not niche handregs and niche tlds which the majority of domainers won't even touch. If you can make only $25 net from a CCC.com you've bought, then sell it, you will have $25 more than you started with and you can buy a more expensive domain. When I started in late 2006 I bought 3-character .coms on DNforum and resold them with $20-$50 profit on Sedo until I had a couple of thousand dollars. Then I started buying more expensive domains (dictionary .net's etc.) and with some effort and a little luck, I resold those with a bigger profit than I had with the ccc.com's. It's all about evolving your portfolio.

Study the forums, read blogs, find out as much as you can about domains until you can easily find out if a domain is valuable or not, if it's easy to resell or not etc.. Only then will you recognize a bargain the second you see it and then you can grab it before anyone else does.

charlescarreon

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
First of all look at your starting budget. If you only have $500 to start with, instead of hand-regging 50 names which you will have to renew next year (as you won't sell any of them until then), buy 3-4 CCC.com's or "premium" LLLL.com's or try to find a LLL.net bargain etc.

An offbeat domain, $8.99.
Advice from someone who has built a valuable portfolio, PRICELESS!

DomainScoop.Com

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
domaining alone will not help you, trust me start developing, your dad will lend you money if u start developing!!!

alangs

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I've only been doing this for just over a year and I haven't sold any domains yet. I get the feeling its not money that's needed, it's experience.

bmugford

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have heard people say that it takes money to make money, well it also takes money to lose money. If you read and learn you can start on a modest budget buying drops for $10 - $59 and selling them for low $XXX - Low $X,XXX.

Of course it takes the knowledge of what type of domains to target and what end users to target to be able to do this.

In a way starting out with a lot of money and not much knowledge is actually a disadvantage. That way it is much easier to lose huge sums of money before you really have any idea what you are doing.

In just takes steady effort and learning and sooner or later you will make sales.

Brad

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You were watching me!

It's a mistake that many newbies learn, I did it and I'm sure many other members here have done it.

I can remember back, I had 3-5 names that I used and fell into the "oh, this is cool, I'll register it and try to sell it for $1500!" (multiply that by 50 times). Sadly, the only names from that time that I still have are the ones that I used. I've learned that most hand-reggies are not even worth the registration fee (note: I said MOST).

But now, I've found a niche that is not fully exploited by the domaining community (very hard to get good .com domains but .net / .org are selling for a song). Add in the fact that I know this community, what keywords are valuable, plus if needed be I can toss up a quick site with original content. Add in the fact that I have dozens of contacts in this niche (and getting more every day) will make it easier to sell the domains.

DN BROKER

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This message is for the OP, I hope you spend the time reading my published article on How To Find End Users

Today I sold two domains for $400 and another 2 for $500 US

all 4 domains were expired domains I renewed 7 weeks ago. Trust me, my end user method works and I have received dozens of emails from newbies like yourself who followed my method and sold domains with in 24 hours!

Google is your best tool!

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This message is for the OP, I hope you spend the time reading my published article on How To Find End Users

Today I sold two domains for $400 and another 2 for $500 US

all 4 domains were expired domains I renewed 7 weeks ago. Trust me, my end user method works and I have received dozens of emails from newbies like yourself who followed my method and sold domains with in 24 hours!

Google is your best tool!

why you keep trying to subjugate this thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom