Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

What would you do? greedy or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Domain Summit 2024

BELLC1

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Take it. Don't look back. Press on.

peter

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
why dont you post the name here? if you're probably selling anyways, you're not really risking alot compared to the info you gain

gawnd

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
How did the offer come in? Have you identified the buyer yet?

You might be able to press for more, but I'd only do so if $3k doesn't mean that much to you.

Stian

www.bitweb.no
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If it was on Sedo and the buyer had low activity index and if it also is the first offer received I'd counter with $6k. Even if he cancels the negotiations this time, he'll be back in a few weeks. :)

Aplusmedia

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
why dont you post the name here? if you're probably selling anyways, you're not really risking alot compared to the info you gain
I didnt want it to appear in search engines when they search for it later :)

But to give you an idea of what the domain may be worth:
its a 2 words domain
- when searched in google in "domain name" returns 1,880,000 results
- when searched without the quotes and just the 2 words returns 160,000,000 results
- inurl:domain returns 1,230 results

The company appears to be quite big, they create software in the category of the domain for sale, a google search for their website's domain returns 83,000 results, which suggests they are quite big.

any thoughts?

domaindot

Level 3
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Make a counter offer, just to prevent buyer's remorse (well, offerer's remorse in this case ;) ) and subsequent backing off. It should be close to what he offered.
$3600 or $3800.
Then, accept whatever he offers.
If there is no negotiation, he will start thinking, "If it is too good to be true...."
This way, everyone remains happy.

Aplusmedia

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If it was on Sedo and the buyer had low activity index and if it also is the first offer received I'd counter with $6k. Even if he cancels the negotiations this time, he'll be back in a few weeks. :)
no not sedo, it was through a 'domain for sale' form I had on the website.

I replied asking them to reply if its a serious offer and they replied saying they are.

This is the first offer for the domain

Make a counter offer, just to prevent buyer's remorse (well, offerer's remorse in this case ;) ) and subsequent backing off. It should be close to what he offered.
$3600 or $3800.
Then, accept whatever he offers.
If there is no negotiation, he will start thinking, "If it is too good to be true...."
This way, everyone remains happy.
right, thats exactly what I was thinking, they might think 'damn, should of offered lower'

stewie

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
hard to say without knowing the name....nobody can say sell a name for 3k without knowing what it is. but that being said ROI is great, but who is trying to buy it? have you searched? You should trust a few members and pm the name for help but I would not post the domain name in this thread.

If I was the buyer and saw this thread with the domain I was making an offer on I wouldn't appreciate it. JMO Good Luck

domaindot

Level 3
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
My previous post - was posted before seeing your latest post containing information about the company.
Google searches do not mean a thing. Are they having deep pockets? Are they profitable? Are they in the online or related businesses? Find that out. Search the state where they have incorporated, and find out the details through government sites.
If all they know about domains = a couple of Paul Sloan articles, your job will be tricky - do negotiate, at the same time, do not stretch the limits.
If they seem to be profitable and "domain-savvy" (check WhoIs and find out the number of domains owned by them), counter with $6000. (Edit: because that's what they are expecting)

Last edited:

BostonDomainer

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Definitely counter. I have a domain I hand registered about 2 months ago. Yesterday I had a price request. I quoted them $6,995 they countered $2,500 I just emailed them and told them we can close today for $3,850.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
hard to say without knowing the name....nobody can say sell a name for 3k without knowing what it is. but that being said ROI is great, but who is trying to buy it? have you searched? You should trust a few members and pm the name for help but I would not post the domain name in this thread.

If I was the buyer and saw this thread with the domain I was making an offer on I wouldn't appreciate it. JMO Good Luck

best advice so far ^

but, how bad do you need the cash?

Name Trader

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
What does estibot.com say it's worth?

hnh

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Always make a counter-offer. Nothing sets off warning signs as much as an overeager seller, in any industry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom