Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

closed What you think about...

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

boker

Level 1
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Guys, what do you think about these domains: tbargains.com brokerc.com sbien.com astrodealer.com untrader.com tradingyear.com hobbyh.com glueb.com
How much value do you think they have?
Thanks for your reply.

Domain summit 2024

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Drop them and buy something that makes sense.

boker

Level 1
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Drop them and buy something that makes sense.
Thanks for reply. Time will show us if you were right. For exemple: sbien is a name used in more than half of countries in Europe and also bien is the french word for good. *Un trader*means * a trader* in french and has 42 mil pages. There are in the world 30-40 big company using astro name, dealing cars, telescopes, broadband etc and all of them are using dealers. Glue -b the biggest name in the glues and additives industry in China and so on. Usualy I dont buy it dosent make sense.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
You asked for the evaluation of domains with obscure meaning only you can deliver. So right off the bat, I see no value in names that one has to 'invent' a meaning for.

My suggestion is to stick to generic domains, either single word or two word .com compounds, they are the biggest money makers. For brandables, seek something that isn't regional or esoteric as the examples above.

boker

Level 1
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I dont get it. Domain atrader.net is on sale for 2.5 k with offers, atrader.com is on sale as well , but if we are taking about exactly the same thing, but in french, you are saying that is worthless. You dont think that they are traders in french speaking countries? The same thing for the others: gluez.com and sglue.com and other 5-6 like this are for sale for 1-3 k, some with offers, but in glueb.com you dont see any value. Maybe I m wrong. We will wait and see.

Shane

Account Terminated
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
These domains are worthless. Sorry.

boker

Level 1
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
You shouldn't be sorry, is my money that are gone. Thanks for your reply anyway. I will keep them a few years and if nobody ask about them, then I will let them go. The same opinion about motorkite.com ?

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks for reply. Time will show us if you were right. For exemple: sbien is a name used in more than half of countries in Europe and also bien is the french word for good.
I doubt Sbien is a very popular name. Do you know a lot of people by that name ?
Bien means good or well in French, but you don't own bien. You own sbien.com. Completely different thing.

*Un trader*means * a trader* in french and has 42 mil pages.
Domain names with articles are generally not valuable, and there is no scarcity of those. These names were available for a reason.

I dont get it. Domain atrader.net is on sale for 2.5 k with offers, atrader.com is on sale as well , but if we are taking about exactly the same thing, but in french, you are saying that is worthless.
Millions of garbage domains are registered and put up for sale. They will never sell. People can ask absurd amounts for crap domains, that doesn't mean they are priced right. Instead, you should look at reported sales and see for yourself what kinds of domains are in demand.
You can't use the bad registrations of others as a meaningful baseline.

I will keep them a few years and if nobody ask about them, then I will let them go.
You are not getting it. Now is the time to learn and quick. Cut losses now, and focus on acquiring quality domains.
I agree with the others, you should definitely ditch these domains. Hanging on to bad domains will do no good, you will just throw away more money on renewals and make your registrar happy.
This is the cold truth.

boker

Level 1
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I doubt Sbien is a very popular name. Do you know a lot of people by that name ?
Bien means good or well in French, but you don't own bien. You own sbien.com. Completely different thing.

Domain names with articles are generally not valuable, and there is no scarcity of those. These names were available for a reason.

Millions of garbage domains are registered and put up for sale. They will never sell. People can ask absurd amounts for crap domains, that doesn't mean they are priced right. Instead, you should look at reported sales and see for yourself what kinds of domains are in demand.
You can't use the bad registrations of others as a meaningful baseline.

You are not getting it. Now is the time to learn and quick. Cut losses now, and focus on acquiring quality domains.
I agree with the others, you should definitely ditch these domains. Hanging on to bad domains will do no good, you will just throw away more money on renewals and make your registrar happy.
This is the cold truth.

1. Bienal.com was sold in 2013 cu 3000$, viajebien.com was sold for 3000$ cambien.com was 1188$ in 2013
2.atrader.com was sold in 2007 for 2000$, ihobby.co.cuk was sold for 1300$, gtldbroker.com for 300$ , wmbroker.eu was 1126$ uglue.com was 2500$, iglue.com was 550$
3.chufala.com emaki.com fozhuang.com rongnian.com prizebondkami.net worlib.org cubuy.com rubalkhlai.com and thousands more sale like this was sold. Prices are from couple of hundreds to a few thousands, but this are the ones that are getting more sales. The idea is to sell it for the right price. I dont mind to sell something for 500 than dont sell it at all. I will be happy to find one domain to sell it for millions, but until than, I can sell for less as well. You have to think that there are like 200 languages in the world and .com extension is global. For me is easier to sell on .eu extension but I dont mind to try the .com. I dont like it when you akt like you know everthing, but there is a good chance that I have sold more domains on .eu extensions than are selling others on .com.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators