Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Whats going on here then ..........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whois-Search

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
this guy has shut down domainsource.com

and set up www.netvisibility.com

he keeps changing his email address and so his whois admin emails are wrong.

also :

skeptics.com = which is just showing up on exody ??? he got early via directi.com which is the indian register Snapnames use.

sportsad.com = which he also owns - has still got Safesys's nameservers and his creation date. In other words, this domain was never dropped but changed hands at the registrar level ???

Domain summit 2024

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Did he buy the name from Safesys or is he connected with him somehow?

Is it possible for a name to change hands without changing the creation date and nameservers, I don't think so but not positive?

Do not understand the meaning of your post or what you are trying to say?

buddy

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Whois-Search, I don't get your post. I understand that someone registered a name that Safesys dropped. But the rest does not make any sense....Hmmm....maybe you are doing some advertising undercover :)

DropWizard.com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Is it possible for a name to change hands without changing the creation date and nameservers, I don't think so but not positive?

Yep

here's how the scam works. The registrar puts the name into the delete cycle. on the 4th day or so he pulls the name back putting the original info on it. Around 10 days later he transfers the owner name (only) to the new registrant that bought it:

VIA THE BACK DOOR! :eek:

The new registrant will change the info sometime in the future.

If the old owner comes calling the registrar can point to putting the name in the delete cycle.

Slick and very profitable for the registrars that allow this.

fizz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
>>The registrar puts the name into the delete cycle. on the 4th day or so he pulls the name back putting the original info on it.

Whose delete cycle are you referring to gmartfin, the NetSol purge cycle, or a non-NetSol registrar's?

DropWizard.com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Generally the other registrars. I haven't seen a direct example of a netsol one. Reading thru the forum threads here however somebody else was talking about one.:D

fizz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks. Some registrars are sneaky baskets.

Actually, there is no need to even be that sneaky.

When a domain passes it's formal expiration date, there is currently no reason for the registrar to let the domain drop or more formally DELETE the domain at all. If the registrant has not renewed by now, the registrar can sell the domain to anyone he wants under current ICANN rules.

Remember that the domain renews automatically at the registry, and the registrar has already paid the $6 to Verisign. They have 45 days to DELETE the domain and get their money back.

ICANN has recommended a formal 30 day grace period, but this will not stop these transactions either, as long as they happen on day 31.

What you are missing here is that even with the 30 day grace period, there is NO formal drop policy for domain names. The registrar is not required to drop the domain after it expires - period. They can pay the renewal (which they do automatically), and then continue to do so until they get find a buyer.

All perfectly legal. May not be moral or ethical - though that can be argued based on your point of view here - but it's perfectly legal.

-t

sportsad.com was with verisign/netsol thanks to their migration of all the IDR (registrars.com) domains when they folded that company over.

if they'd changed the ns's i never would have known - i only found out when i was doing a zone check on my domains.

MillerTyme

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
What you are missing here is that even with the 30 day grace period, there is NO formal drop policy for domain names. The registrar is not required to drop the domain after it expires - period. They can pay the renewal (which they do automatically), and then continue to do so until they get find a buyer.

All perfectly legal. May not be moral or ethical - though that can be argued based on your point of view here - but it's perfectly legal.>>>>>>>>>>...

Good points Witt.
People dont understand that the whole ballgame chancges when a domain expires.
Ive lost a couple of great names of my own because I forgot to pay the reg fees. But I dont go crying over it and saying its not fair. If i forgot to make car lease payments for a few months and I cried to the repo guy, he'd laugh his as@ off at me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators