• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

what's with eurodns? the landrush begins today and eurodns is down???

Status
Not open for further replies.

petrosc

New Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Jan 31, 2005
Messages
3,116
Reaction score
8
what's with eurodns.com? the landrush begins today and eurodns website is down???
AsiaDNS.com is also down, this is starting to worry me
 
petrosc said:
what's with eurodns.com? the landrush begins today and eurodns website is down???
AsiaDNS.com is also down, this is starting to worry me

You may have your answer, in your question.

There was an offer from Dotster for pre-registration of .eu names. I'm sure others out there have done promotions as well.

So, I think once the those names are bid out and sold off to the Major players we will see the site and .eu name registrations move forward.

JMO
 
Eurid whois is down so how can Eurodns take orders now without consulting eurid whois.
i hope it will be opened soon
 
Well i guess they are saving their bandwidth and putting their energies for the battle and site would be up as soon as load is over.But i dont have much hopes with eurodns as they would be grabbing much of names any ways best of luck.
 
zehrila said:
Well i guess they are saving their bandwidth and putting their energies for the battle and site would be up as soon as load is over.But i dont have much hopes with eurodns as they would be grabbing much of names any ways best of luck.


Do They have only one registrar?
 
they are sending apps via about 25 registrars
 
hello friends, for the moment we have not sorted all the orders.
But what I can say is:
35% of all applications at EuroDNS could be successfully registered.
for sure high premium names less and lower quality names more.
Until now 8.30 P.M. CET we registered about 6.5% of .eu names world wide!
there are more then 1,000,000 .eu names registered!
Happy EU! I am going to have some beers now!
all the figures can change later the evening.

Freddy
 
Freddy, I can't believe you are actually satisfied with how EuroDNS performed in the landrush. As you say, you did get the domains that were not preregistered elsewhere, but from the posts in this forum it looks like you failed wherever there was a fight with other registrars. Not something to be proud of, and definitely not a time to celebrate. Unless you are celebrating the fact that you raised a lot of money which you have no plans of fully refunding to unsatisfied customers?
 
ianai said:
Freddy, I can't believe you are actually satisfied with how EuroDNS performed in the landrush. As you say, you did get the domains that were not preregistered elsewhere, but from the posts in this forum it looks like you failed wherever there was a fight with other registrars. Not something to be proud of, and definitely not a time to celebrate. Unless you are celebrating the fact that you raised a lot of money which you have no plans of fully refunding to unsatisfied customers?


They have promised cash back so I don't think there will be any problems with that.
Take a look at an email I got from my EuroDNS account manager dating from 2.8.2005.

Be aware every domain that will not be registered for you because somebody else in front of you got it, will be recredited 100% to your EuroDNS account.

If you want cash back, you will loose 5% of the amount as we loose a % on credit card transaction. But if you keep amount in EuroDNS account for future purchase you get 100% back.


Best regards,

EDITED
Account Manager

EDITED@eurodns.com
 
from what I had with Eurodns I got around 14% of the names.
Not so bad as everybody claims. But before the landrush, I made a cleanup on the names on where there was a pending sunrise application.
SO if someone expected to have music, poker, flowers, doctor etc catching up during the landrush, then yes, Eurodns and all the others have failed long.
But if you take only the "available domains ' in start of the landrush, then I think they did pretty well.

just my opinion
 
ianai said:
Unless you are celebrating the fact that you raised a lot of money which you have no plans of fully refunding to unsatisfied customers?

Don't "worry", according to their TOS they will refund you the money (minus the 10% skim) if you specifically write to them and request it, but they will return it to you after a whopping 120 days hold (while, in meantime, they make money with your money.) Of course they never told you that when they were soliciting business from you. What a bunch of cunning foxes Eurodns are!

teamwork said:
But if you take only the "available domains ' in start of the landrush, then I think they did pretty well.

just my opinion

Yeah, if you went after two-three word shitty names, they did ok (even then they curiously missed "better ones" which were hours later regged by others??). But if you went after any one-worders they got you nothing. As the post somewhere above suggested they got only those names that no other registrars were after.
 
ianai said:
Freddy, I can't believe you are actually satisfied with how EuroDNS performed in the landrush. As you say, you did get the domains that were not preregistered elsewhere, but from the posts in this forum it looks like you failed wherever there was a fight with other registrars. Not something to be proud of, and definitely not a time to celebrate. Unless you are celebrating the fact that you raised a lot of money which you have no plans of fully refunding to unsatisfied customers?

ianai, I really do not want to teach you. but in a landrush (speacially so big as this one) are always people that won more. we had only 24 registrars. compared with guys like pool we did a good job. we did preregistrations since years, some came back to me 2 or 1 day before to pay the thousends of preregistrations most I send away by saying you lost your position 4 month ago. please be fair! We where really fast all the time, the registry was rocksolid! Our registrarservers where rocksolid. For a short periode of time we switched of even the webservercluster because of overload. Who expect to register more names during the landrush it self? with 1400 registrars the landrush was out of control of all registrars. I was never involved in a bigger landrush.

Freddy

teamwork said:
from what I had with Eurodns I got around 14% of the names.
Not so bad as everybody claims. But before the landrush, I made a cleanup on the names on where there was a pending sunrise application.
SO if someone expected to have music, poker, flowers, doctor etc catching up during the landrush, then yes, Eurodns and all the others have failed long.
But if you take only the "available domains ' in start of the landrush, then I think they did pretty well.

just my opinion


teamwork, are you willing to post the names you got here? I dont know who you are, otherwise I would check your account. :-)

Freddy

sasquatch said:
Don't "worry", according to their TOS they will refund you the money (minus the 10% skim) if you specifically write to them and request it, but they will return it to you after a whopping 120 days hold (while, in meantime, they make money with your money.) Of course they never told you that when they were soliciting business from you. What a bunch of cunning foxes Eurodns are!

Yeah, if you went after two-three word shitty names, they did ok (even then they curiously missed "better ones" which were hours later regged by others??). But if you went after any one-worders they got you nothing. As the post somewhere above suggested they got only those names that no other registrars were after.

sasquatch, we where really not so bad as you think. we got even some 2 letter and 3 letter names.

Freddy
 
Freddy, how long have you been in registrar business (or Internet business in general) ?
 
Freddy@EuroDNS said:
teamwork, are you willing to post the names you got here? I dont know who you are, otherwise I would check your account. :-)

Freddy


here are some

wirelessbusiness.eu
p***house.eu
citizenservices.eu
businessfirm.eu
infosoc.eu
mp3list.eu
digitalonline.eu

maybe longer than normal, but for me some are good for development
 
sasquatch said:
Freddy, how long have you been in registrar business (or Internet business in general) ?

let me calculate. First contact with Internet, hmmm. I think 17 years ago or more perhaps I had my first email, I needed to poll it with a 2400 Baud modem on a 80286 with 12 Mhz.
EuroDNS exist since 4 years. I did different things in the meantime, but always stayed close to IT.

Why you are asking? How long are you in Internet business?

Freddy
 
Freddy@EuroDNS said:
sasquatch, we where really not so bad as you think.

Freddy

Oh, c'mon Freddy, don't bullshit us here. You couldn't even get your own name in time (Eurodns.eu), so why people expected something from you is beyond my comprehension.
 
sasquatch said:
Oh, c'mon Freddy, don't bullshit us here. You couldn't even get your own name in time (Eurodns.eu), so why people expected something from you is beyond my comprehension.

you are funny. :hand:
 
Freddy@EuroDNS said:
let me calculate. First contact with Internet, hmmm. I think 17 years ago or more perhaps I had my first email, I needed to poll it with a 2400 Baud modem on a 80286 with 12 Mhz.
EuroDNS exist since 4 years. I did different things in the meantime, but always stayed close to IT.

Why you are asking? How long are you in Internet business?

Freddy


Was probably still having his :censored: wiped by his mother like most of the members here. :gossip:
 
jdk said:
Was probably still having his :censored: wiped by his mother like most of the members here. :gossip:

stay cool man. I hate jokes where my mom is involed. :greenmad:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom