Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

When Can .US Names be Transferred?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I registered a few .US names when the domain went live. However I used a registrar I no longer want to be associated with. The normal 60-day window in which domains cannot be transferred has expired, but Enom still will not transfer .US names in to my account. I am not up on the reasons behind this. Is the whole domain locked down everywhere? When will registrants be allowed to move their .US domains?

Domain summit 2024

.US transfers have been live and real time since the middle of June as far as the .US registry is concerned.

OpenSRS has supported .US transfers since the GoLive date of the registry.

There was a 30 day "lock" on all domain transfers and ownership changes imposed by the registry, however this time period has expired.

-t

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hmm...I wonder why Enom is not supporting transfer in of .US names then. Can someone who has an Enom connection tell me?

I have transfered a .us domain last week wit GoDaddy.com (TEENIE.US) and had no problems at all.

mole

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
hmm.. I notice that people are starting to put their .biz sites in their signatures with pride.

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by DayNetworks
I have transfered a .us domain last week wit GoDaddy.com (TEENIE.US) and had no problems at all.

OK but is GoDaddy an Enom reseller? What is the deal with Enom themselves? Doesn't anyone know why Enom is not allowing .US to be transferred in?

mole

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Duke of Earl
Doesn't anyone know why Enom is not allowing .US to be transferred in?

Sure, Enom treats Nexus very seriously. It's tied to their registration system somehow and is like a declaration you make before you register the name. So outside transfers of .us will be a bit of a pain.

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by mole

Sure, Enom treats Nexus very seriously. It's tied to their registration system somehow and is like a declaration you make before you register the name. So outside transfers of .us will be a bit of a pain.

I could put up with a bit of a pain but they are not allowing them at all. I realy don't like the registrar they are at (they make transferring ownership a royal pain the butt). I want to get all of my names in my Enom account but Enom doesn't want to let me bring them the business!

mole

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
same thing happened with my .info and .biz names in the early days. I was told that they could do it manually, but the problem was linking the cc transaction to that transfer in their automated systems. Enom will get it fixed eventually like they always do.

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks Mole. This is the one and only glitch I have had in dealing with Enom. I do like them very much overall.

mole

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yeah Earl, me too. Enom is the best I've ever used, and I have never had any hesitation paying them $29 bucks for all my domains, reseller or no reseller.

I suspect that eNom simply has not developed the code yet to interact with the .us registry in support of transfers. Their profit margin is very low, and programming, testing and support cost real money...

-t

W

wordznpics

I totally believe in giving credit where credit is due. My experience with Enom and one of their resellers was a bummer.

I attempted to obtain a .US domain from Internet Registrations Worldwide, and had a negative experience. At first, the listed registrar was a Jason Namour, who was based in Melbourne, Australia, and .US is supposed to be for US citizens, legal residents, businesses and foreign businesses with a significant US presence. I e-mailed the then-listed contact info@registrations.com.au -- no phone or fax were listed -- and got no response. Upon investigating a little further, I discovered these guys had registered hundreds, maybe thousands of .US domains in a particular format of three random characters for names (i.e., dgr.us, ghb.us) and were just sitting on them. I went to NeuStar and Enom, and finally got an alternate e-mail. A week or so later, I get a response. NeuStar's retail price for .US domain was, I believe, $29 with a two-year minimum. The registrant/reseller wanted $1650! I was developing a website for a non-profit, and that was almost the entire budget, so I made an offer of $100, to which they did not respond. I asked NeuStar and Enom to intervene, based on the fact that the foreign registrant/reseller didn't meet the NeuStar, Nexus or Enom criteria to be a .US registrant. The extent of their effort was to get the registrar to change his listing, so his US-based billing contact, Brad Norrish, became the listed contact. They left the info@registrations.com.au in 'whois', and did not provide phone or fax contacts. I corresponded extensively with the reseller and the compliance contact at Enom, to no avail. All in all, I give Internet Registrations Worldwide, NeuStar and Enom failing marks for cyber citizenship and business practices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom