• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

When Did AOL Buy Games.com?

Status
Not open for further replies.

darrenl

New Member
The Originals
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Sep 22, 2003
Messages
1,856
Reaction score
4
Does anyone know when AOL bought Games.com? I didn't know they owned it. :panda:
 
Darren:

Good point. I believe the Games.com transaction was this month, not 100% certain. Along the same note when did Microsoft buy Live.com and for how much?

I know there are domains that sell for $x,xxx,xxx but are never disclosed to DNJournal.com or to other public venues due to confidentiality agreements.
 
how ever much they paid it was def. worth paying, good move by them
 
microsoft owns almost all the extensions of LIVE
live.net
live.org,.de,.co.uk, fr
 
live.com is pretty cool but its kind of too fancy... wouldn't you think?
 
if I would own it, I would consider it to fancy. Just think about what you can do with the term "live". Great potential, especially in the hands of the big corps.
 
Rarethings said:
I think games traded for $xx,xxx,xxx

I really doubt it. I bet it fetched $3-7 million.
 
Games.com sold to AOL for just over $10 million. It previously sold in January 2004 for $1.1 million.

Microsoft bought Live.com in November 2005 for an undisclosed amount.
 
Beachie said:
Games.com sold to AOL for just over $10 million. It previously sold in January 2004 for $1.1 million.

Nice profit for the previous owner :rockon:
 
Boy I wish I'd have made it into the game 15 years ago to grab these domains up then.
 
so was it a mistake of me to sell games.org for 4k a couple years ago? :)
 
hmm wonder how much games.org would go for now a days
 
I love how on the live.com homepage it ALWAYS had a nots saying that the domain isnt for sale, not to bother asking etc etc..

Shows that everybody has their price ;)
 
Beachie said:
Games.com sold to AOL for just over $10 million. It previously sold in January 2004 for $1.1 million.

The former owner must have been consolidating, because from what I recall the price was quite low then, and the owner was not a small-fry company.
 
(_Y_)Man said:
hmm wonder how much games.org would go for now a days
Make George an offer :-)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom