Which domain extensions should i buy ?

• Dear DNForum.com user,

The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (EU) 2016/679 is a regulation in EU law on data protection and privacy for all individuals within the European Union. As we are based in Gibraltar which is part of the EU and we have customers all over the world we are obligated to follow the new regulation as of May 25, 2018.

Accordingly, although we must request full contact information from each of you so our systems and webpage may continue to function we will restrict processing and data transfers as much as possible. When logged into DNForum.com we will display only your chosen handle and no other specific information unless requested by you. In order to request your specific information be revealed please go into your account settings and check the radio boxes next to the information. By default all information is private.

To cover all aspects of GDPR we have published a new / updated agreement (which includes our terms and privacy policy) that will become effective on May 25, 2018. It may be found at: https://www.dnforum.com/help/terms/

Onward and upwards;

Best DNForum.com

sophia369

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oct 2, 2018
Dhaka, Bangladesh
okay so i found a interesting domain name and the .com extension price was too high for me (About 53k$) so now i want to buy other extension. so which one should i buy ? .org and .net is available with all the others. so am thinking to buy it only to sell it again. and how many extensions should i buy ?
Note : I am totally new to this.

RobM

DNForum Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Exclusive Member
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Oct 12, 2003
Malta
banner
If the net and org are available then most likely the com is not worth anywhere near $53k. Asking price bears no resemblance to actual value in 99% of the cases.

RobM

DNForum Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Exclusive Member
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Oct 12, 2003
Malta
banner
Again the domain is very likely not worth $53k. Godaddy are notorious for provide stupidly unrealistic evaluations (as are all automated appraisal services) and namecheap are just as bad. It is in their interest to provide high valuations so that people get suckered into buying a domain in all the available extensions which can add up to hundreds if not thousands with all the new gtlds. However if you really believe it is worth that buy the org and net and try to sell them. I wouldn't spend a lot of money on this. If you want to let me know the name privately I can have an objective look at it's value.

Biggie

Staff member
Exclusive Member
Rating - 100%
163   0   0
Sep 4, 2002
GreenFriendly.com
www.urlpick.com
banner
Hi

looks like you're ready to waste money, despite the advice @RobM has given

you won't be able to sell the .net or .org
why?

if they had value, the .com owner would have bought them long before you.

stick with .com and ask yourself this question before you buy...….."would I buy this name from me, if I wasn't me"

imo...

Biggie

Staff member
Exclusive Member
Rating - 100%
163   0   0
Sep 4, 2002
GreenFriendly.com
www.urlpick.com
banner
.com extension is available. No one bought it and go daddy and name cheap is asking 50k$ and 53k for com extension. I probably won't buy it cause i can't afford to lose.
if you can't register it, then it's not available.

so somebody must own it, and has placed a premium price on it

imo...

Castion

Managing director of DNForum.com
Staff member
Administrator
Exclusive Member
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
May 9, 2006
CPH
banner
.com extension is available. No one bought it and go daddy and name cheap is asking 50k$ and 53k for com extension. I probably won't buy it cause i can't afford to lose.
As Biggie said.. If a .com is available the price is ALWAYS 10$.. No premium pricing.

Castion

Managing director of DNForum.com
Staff member
Administrator
Exclusive Member
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
May 9, 2006
CPH
banner
The PM system is only available for our paid members. Gold members or above.

RobM

DNForum Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Exclusive Member
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Oct 12, 2003
Malta
banner
should i tell someone and if its worth it then he will buy it and after selling he will share some profit with me.
You tend to find that people who have $53k to spend on a domain aren't the people who buy things based on namecheap or godaddy evaluations.