Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

cctld who got rid of the flu.ca???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maxwell

Formerly known as grcorp.
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Where did you hear of this?

stewie

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Great buy...for any drug/cold/flu medication company.

Tedgeman

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
That price reminds me of a movie I saw once...One Flu Over the Cuckoo's Nest...a great deal, I think not.

silentg

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Mark Talbot

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Geez Frank, save a sale or two for us regular folks already!!

How many bucks do you really need to stash in your island hut. Criminy!

stewie

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think its a nice sale ....but a great buy

if this is a drug company selling cold/flu products they have a great domain for 45k (drop in the bucket)
if not I'm sure this domain will bring in tons of cash in development or resale.

JMO

try buying it back...lmao

I'll bet there is no buyer remorse. :yo:

Provider

www.mike.ca
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think it is a good sale, but a bad buy. "Flu" is not brandable, can't be used for more than one purpose. What can you do with the domain? Sell a flu shot? Medical companies don't need generic domain names, they don't sell anything directly to consumers in Canada. Stewie, you are saying it is good for resale, I know this market, it will be impossible to resell.

---------- Post added at 02:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:36 PM ----------

Here is in more detail
Possible usage scenarios:

1. Selling flu medications online.
Users will be discouraged to purchase because they need medication now if they need it, they can't wait. Also price of shipping the product may kill the margin. The product's usage is seasonal.
2. Selling appointments to flu shots online:
According to government website Ontario provides flu shots for free. That means the largest market of Canada can't be included in a business plan. Also, the price of the flu shots is relatively cheap; anywhere between $10-$15. There is no benefit whatsoever for a patient to go to flu.ca or any other website to order the shot.
http://www.phac-aspc.gc.ca/chn-rcs/flu-grippe-eng.php
"Cost of a flu shot
Check with your doctor or local health unit to find out if you are eligible for a free flu shot. Ontario is the first province to offer vaccine at no charge to all residents new window.
Elsewhere, people who do not qualify for a free flu shot may pay $10-15 to get the flu shot in a doctor's office, a public clinic or a clinic at the workplace."

stewie

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think it is a good sale, but a bad buy. "Flu" is not brandable, can't be used for more than one purpose. What can you do with the domain? Sell a flu shot? Medical companies don't need generic domain names, they don't sell anything directly to consumers in Canada. Stewie, you are saying it is good for resale, I know this market, it will be impossible to resell.

totally disagree with your statement... seriously who said anything about selling flu shots....lmao
time will tell I think someone thinks your wrong and put up 45k I'm betting they have a plan and will do okay.

nothing is impossible...certainly not making this a good purchase

sorry JMO

p.s who said selling flu shots or meds online is the reason they bought this???

there are many things they could do with a domain other then sell products

Provider

www.mike.ca
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I agree with you, everything is possible. Absolutely any domain name can be used to build a multi-billion business. There are many people on the forum when they see somebody spent lots of money on a domain saying that it is a good deal. If you believe it is such a good deal for the buyer, explain what it can be used for. For me a good domain name is something that screams right away. I can give you example from last week's tbr. I bought soul. For me "soul" is something really good, something that can be branded, used for gym, restaurant, clothing line, in fact any product line, spiritual/personal development website, spa salon etc. There are 575 domain names registered in .ca with the word "soul" in them. For me, the wide range of usage, and big number of domains registered shows that it is easy to resell, if something goes wrong with development. Flu - in my mind not a good deal. In fact, one guy selling Fly for less somebody paid for flu. Yes, you can say that everything is possible, but still there are values, and in my mind new flu owner overpaid. I might be mistaken though, and that's ok, because that means that there are people on the market ready to pay $45k for names such as flu.

totally disagree with your statement... seriously who said anything about selling flu shots....lmao
time will tell I think someone thinks your wrong and put up 45k I'm betting they have a plan and will do okay.

nothing is impossible...certainly not making this a good purchase

sorry JMO

DN BROKER

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well said. $45k in today's market would fetch a premium .com!

I agree with you, everything is possible. Absolutely any domain name can be used to build a multi-billion business. There are many people on the forum when they see somebody spent lots of money on a domain saying that it is a good deal. If you believe it is such a good deal for the buyer, explain what it can be used for. For me a good domain name is something that screams right away. I can give you example from last week's tbr. I bought soul. For me "soul" is something really good, something that can be branded, used for gym, restaurant, clothing line, in fact any product line, spiritual/personal development website, spa salon etc. There are 575 domain names registered in .ca with the word "soul" in them. For me, the wide range of usage, and big number of domains registered shows that it is easy to resell, if something goes wrong with development. Flu - in my mind not a good deal. In fact, one guy selling Fly for less somebody paid for flu. Yes, you can say that everything is possible, but still there are values, and in my mind new flu owner overpaid. I might be mistaken though, and that's ok, because that means that there are people on the market ready to pay $45k for names such as flu.

---------- Post added at 02:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:43 PM ----------

Not to mention I could register FLUCompany.ca - FluMeds.ca and on and on and on and on.......... for $10 a year!

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Perhaps somebody with poor eyesight thought he was bidding on fly.ca

DN BROKER

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Damn, I just got the flu for free. And it's going to cost to get rid of mine.

:grumpy:

Drinks: Honey, lemon, ginger + green tea. 2-4 times a day for the next 7 days.

Raw garlic, use a knife and chop it into tiny pieces. 1 or 2 a day for the next 7 days. Do not chew the garlic, use a spoon and place it in your mouth and flush it down with water with out chewing. Trust Me! No Odor!

Maxwell

Formerly known as grcorp.
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
paid too much

I agree with you. It's a $xx,xxx name for sure, just not a $45,000 name.

Strangely, I recall "flus" going for $100 a couple of years ago here. Strange how much of a difference one letter can make, a perfectly appropriate letter at that, expressing the plural form of the word.

It's a good name for a blog that talks about causes, prevention, and cures for the flu, which is great for drug company advertising.

Quite smart, actually. Since, what do people do when they have the flu? They sit at home on the computer!

I just think that this is a steepish price. Not steep, but steepish.

DN BROKER

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Let's not forget that some of these domain sales are fake! Yes I said it, over the years I've noticed how domains are flipped between traders to raise the domains value! High profile Domainers with a lot of cash buy and sell each others domains!

Search through the list of all time sold domains, majority of the ones that sell around end user pricing end up being parked and quickly changed to private who is. When a domain sells for a big number, it is indexed, archived and listed on search results!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators