Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

Why is it so hard to sell domains now?

vitrudotcom

Level 2
Reaction score
Solid insights there, thank you! Patience pays off for .com investors as businesses aim for global recognition. Cheers to strategic domain choices and the promise of growth!

ibuyandselldomains

Account Terminated
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
What is strange is the price of just about everything else is going up. The only other thing I can think of that the price is dropping is Marijuana. Could it just simply be that there are more digital products to invest in now, like NFT's, and Crypto, so people are putting more money into those things, and maybe even playing the stocks too, rather than spending money on a domain name?

vitrudotcom

Level 2
Reaction score
Great observation! Yes, the evolving digital landscape with NFTs and crypto does indeed attract significant investment. While domains face increased competition, their unique value in establishing online presence and branding remains. In my view, it's about finding the right niche and effectively communicating the enduring worth of premium domains. What strategies do you think can help domains stand out amidst these emerging digital investments?

ibuyandselldomains

Account Terminated
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
There are multiple answers to that question. I would say invest in 4 letter or less com only 3 letter or less com net or org, and com only one and 2 word keyword rich dictionary words would be a good start for a beginner, or good for most domainers period. I am leasing to own pictures.net right now. Its a good name. Its probably worth about 30k. Com I could see fetching 6 to 700k. I would say that between 3 and 400k would be the magic number though. And I would say about 20 to 25k would be the magic number for pictures.net but its worth way more than that to me.

vitrudotcom

Level 2
Reaction score
Solid advice on domain investments! Pictures.net, with its concise and memorable name, holds great potential as a versatile and marketable domain in the visual content and photography space. It's a great name suitable for diverse applications such as multimedia sharing platforms, graphic design resources, or even a community hub for creative enthusiasts. And now, in the trending area of generative AI ventures within the rapidly evolving field of artificial intelligence and creative algorithms.

ibuyandselldomains

Account Terminated
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I agree. Pictures are also digital products. I am not big on net, com is still King, but a name as good as pictures.net I couldn't pass up. I am one of the greatest domain name appraisers of All Time. I appraise domain names for free. If anybody wants me to appraise one of their domain names, feel free to send me a DM, or if you want me to appraise a domain that you are looking to buy, or whatever the reason please DM me. My phone number is 541-219-2020, and on January 1st 2024 I am launching a free instant domain name appraisal business. I will give free domain name appraisals to anybody who wants one. I can tell you how much it is worth on the spot. I am one of the best domain name appraisers of all time. Maybe even the very best ever.

ibuyandselldomains

Account Terminated
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Thanks. I have over 20 years experience in it... I am not bragging about how good I am. I want everybody who wants a domain name appraisal to be able to always get it done for free. I am one of the very best domain name appraisers out there, and I will always appraise domain names for free. There is no sense paying for something that you can get for free.

ibuyandselldomains

Account Terminated
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Do you own virtu.com ? I can see it selling for 60k. It's not out of its range at all. A million is a stretch though, but still not out of its range. I would say the magic number on that one would be somewhere around 35k or so.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
There is no sense paying for something that you can get for free.
Hi

some things, like poor advice, even when given for free, isn't worth taking or heeding to it.
especially when coming from someone without a proven track record for the claims they make.

also, since you are leasing "pictures.net",
then that means you don't own it until all payments have been made.

therefore, i suggest you limit further promotion or speculation here, as you already have an open appraisal thread for it.

imo....

ibuyandselldomains

Account Terminated
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I have been appraising domain names for over 20 years. I have been a certified domain name appraiser since 2004. I think my track record speaks for itself.

ibuyandselldomains

Account Terminated
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Nobody owns any domain names they have, unless they are with a company like network solutions and pay the renewal for the next 100 years. If you don't pay the renewal you lose it. You just rent domains by paying the renewal to keep them. You really don't understand that, do you?

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Reaction score
It isn't much harder to sell domain names now, than it used to be. You just have to own ones that are worth investing in. It also doesn't make it easier to sell them, in most ways, with all the new tld's.

Last edited:

vitrudotcom

Level 2
Reaction score
Absolutely agree with your insights! Having invested in a 5-letter gem like VITRU.com, I've realized the importance of strategic marketing in the domain name game. How do you all approach marketing your domains for sale, and what tactics have you found most effective in today's diverse TLD landscape? Excited to share experiences and insights! 🌐💡
#DomainMarketing
#VITRUforSale
#EngageAndLearn

ytviewsusa

Reaction score
Insufficient marketing efforts to promote the domain can result in limited visibility, reducing the chances of finding potential buyers.

vitrudotcom

Level 2
Reaction score
💡 Absolutely agree! The key to a successful domain sale lies in strategic marketing. What specific steps would you recommend for maximising visibility and attracting potential buyers? Let's compile a list of effective strategies to help fellow domain enthusiasts boost their chances in the market. 🌐

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Insufficient marketing efforts to promote the domain can result in limited visibility, reducing the chances of finding potential buyers.

The key to a successful domain sale lies in strategic marketing.
Hi

i've had hundreds of sales and didn't have to do any strategic marketing.
only marketing if any, is to list on various aftermarket platforms and let them do the work for us.

the key to success is having domains that buyers are looking for.
this way, you don't have to spam unsuspecting victims with email solicitations to buy your domains.

imo...

namegulf

NameGulf.com Domain Marketplace
Reaction score
Hi

i've had hundreds of sales and didn't have to do any strategic marketing.
only marketing if any, is to list on various aftermarket platforms and let them do the work for us.

the key to success is having domains that buyers are looking for.
this way, you don't have to spam unsuspecting victims with email solicitations to buy your domains.

imo...
Although we're biased, listing on marketplaces will give your domain the best visibility in front of potential buyers & therefore the marketing is built in!

Quality of domain, landing page & payment options matter.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom