Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

why is this a bad domain name?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lost plontoon

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I am a beginner, that's for sure. So when I worked out that "house" "land" "sales" were good keywords to have, I bought www.houselandsales.com.
(Real Estate etc)
It turns out to be the worst name ever. I can't give it away.
Is there anyone out there that can tell me why this domain name is not worth having. Where did I go wrong?
Thanks

Domain Summit 2024

4u-domains

DNF Old Timer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am a beginner, that's for sure. So when I worked out that "house" "land" "sales" were good keywords to have, I bought www.houselandsales.com.
(Real Estate etc)
It turns out to be the worst name ever. I can't give it away.
Is there anyone out there that can tell me why this domain name is not worth having. Where did I go wrong?
Thanks
Well, strong keywords. Properly developed you would pick up some minor search engine traffic which might make it worth a small amount to somebody in that industry. Still, its a long shot.

Getting an enduser sale is the Holy Grail and only a very small percentage of any beginners domains would make it.
It is far more likely that our domains will sell to another reseller who sees value in it and THIS is where you come a bit unstuck as th domain is quite a mouthful and would require some work.

Still, its not bad and you will see thousands of newly registered domains on these pages that are FAR worse!

gingeman

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
1. Keyword strings just stuck together make little sense and have no potential for type-in traffic- does 'houselandsales' make any sense, or is it something you can see somebody typing into a search engine or address bar?

- you should always consider if the name makes sense grammatically, and has a commercial or 'useful' application.
- 3 kewords together will rarely have any real value- there are so many 'long tail' keywords also that they rarely have the potential to attract traffic.

Why would somebody pay for this name, when they could register landhousesales.com etc for less?

It is far from the wosrt new reg I have seen, but my advice is to read up on the forums- check the appraisal threads, but more imprtantly, look at prices names actually sell for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom