Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Wls

Status
Not open for further replies.

garymayor

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hey unless your a registrar what do you care. O dear the poor registrar won't be able to rip us off any more o dear o dear. Read this

How many domains are on the Net?

How many could you monitor each day?

As soon as you see one drop you look at the facts and decide weather or not to put a WLS subscription on it right?

So now you've decided to put a wls subscription on that name now how many other people out the domains on the net do you think are going to see that name drop that day?

It will be better because you will have more chances of getting that domain than at present because not everyone can monitor every domain. If your quick it will save you thousands of wasted hours.

ps123

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by garymayor
Hey unless your a registrar what do you care. O dear the poor registrar won't be able to rip us off any more o dear o dear.

LOL, gary well said. Some people out there are more concerned about protecting the income streams of registrars and drop catchers like the ones who are sporting 'WLS suck' under their domainstate/DNF user ID.

DomainGoon

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Domaingoon now why are you saying people will not have a chance of getting there desired WLS subscription are you one of the big players do you rent pool 3 connections or do have so much money the current auction system doesn't matter to you.

I am not a "big player", but I am willing to pay what a domain is worth. I don't expect anyone to give me something for less than what it's worth. In the old days you could get some great deals, but those days are long gone. I see no problem with price competition for domains. If you want a domain, pay more than the next guy and there's a pretty good chance you will get it. It's basically the same way that most other industries work. You can argue over who's getting the profit, but you can't say that price competition is unfair or unexpected in business.

garymayor

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
domaingoon your trying to get the domain for what it's worth but what are you going to do with it next sell it on for more. That's a big gamble to take with todays over infalted domain prices. You'de make more money doing something with yourself.

With the wls system you'll get the name for next to nothing and get bigger profit margins/

Digital Address

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
With the wls system you'll get the name for next to nothing and get bigger profit margins/

Ok, now here's the bad news: Most of the BIG players already have their sites up and running. So do many of the medium and smaller sized businesses. Only new companies or those late to the game are left to peruse OUR VAST (all combined) inventories of names. It's a dwindling marketplace. Once they're up, THEY ARE DONE! That's why BuyDomains sells less than 50 "premium" names per month out of their massive inventory! Short, descriptive, or unique names will always have some value but average or mediocre ones are going to have to be constantly renewed and renewed and renewed or finally let go! With each new domain registered or bought by a business, that means one less potential client. Yes, there will always be new entries in the marketplace and some already established sites may want even more traffic through purchases of "feeders" (redirectors) but the halcyon days of domain name sales were over a long time ago. And WE basically have been holding it up ever since! Like Dennis Miller said, "I could be wrong!" I certainly hope I am!

garymayor

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I don't see your point Baron what are you trying to say. Domains will stop getting brought if wls comes in. What's that got to with wls there are plenty of other ways to make money on domains you don't have to sell every name you buy one keep it and build on it send it to an affiliate site or something.

Whats your point.

GeorgeK

Leap.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
How many could you monitor each day?

As soon as you see one drop you look at the facts and decide weather or not to put a WLS subscription on it right?

Wrong. Folks will have bought the WLS slot on it long before you, if you're waiting to "see one drop".

As for "how many could you monitor each day"? The smart folks have monitored ALL of them already. It's nearly entirely automated, for some.

Anyhow, all these WLS debates don't matter much -- folks should have been involved a year ago, prior to ICANN's decision. Now it's a matter for a court to decide.

Jack Gordon

Serial Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
None of this changes the fact that the little guy is getting screwed no matter what happens. I am afraid we have witnessed the end of an era. No longer will it be possible to get a domain like wwf.com for $8.75. Ever. Not that many of us did, but the fantasy is what kept a lot of us going.

I mourn for the good old days already. :-(

Shaggy

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

So now you've decided to put a wls subscription on that name now how many other people out the domains on the net do you think are going to see that name drop that day?

You would have never had the chance to decide.....a WLS subscription would have been on the domain for a year now. So what is there to decide????? You won't get the name...:huh:

DomainGoon

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
domaingoon your trying to get the domain for what it's worth but what are you going to do with it next sell it on for more.

I don't sell domains.

Togoodhlth

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by GeorgeK

Wrong. Folks will have bought the WLS slot on it long before you, if you're waiting to "see one drop".

As for "how many could you monitor each day"? The smart folks have monitored ALL of them already. It's nearly entirely automated, for some.

George is on target here but I think even those who support WLS agree with his statement. The buydomains of the world will have wls subs. on just about all of the worthwhile names with the rest of us grabbing a few here and there.

Anyhow, all these WLS debates don't matter much -- folks should have been involved a year ago, prior to ICANN's decision. Now it's a matter for a court to decide.

Yep and I hope they go against it however if they don't I've got my list and like everyone else I am building up my warchest!

Chaiki

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
WLS postions are no different than SNap positions.. There are still excellent snap positions available up to the drop.

I hope the WLS comes soon because the prices that even the worst names go for during the auctions is discouraging.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom