Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Worst Registrar....

Status
Not open for further replies.

In light of the 'best registrar' thread...I thought we should promote the worst registrar. (resellers included)

What was the worst experience and why? :confused:

Domain summit 2024

Nic

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The top 2 are the worst .
Netsol.com and Register.com

(its not an opinion... its a FACT)

it's funny how the biggest players in the game are the worst to deal with.....that will soon change!

dotsofdomains

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The wooly mammoth, of course: VeriSting.

flex

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by dotsofdomains
The wooly mammoth, of course: VeriSting.

hehe.. not VeriStink?
:laugh:

RacerX

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Verisign and Register.com. The two most crooked registrars by FAR. Enom is a close third in the crooked dept.

The best registrar hands down: opensrs.

flex

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
agreed.. thumbs up for opensrs :)

RacerX

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
As RacerX has already stated, enom stole ML domains requested by RacerX during the ML inaugural period, they have tried to 'autobill' RacerX, and they have their secretive, gouging 'club drop'. They are a total ripoff A-Z.

Avoid enom AT ALL COST. They SUCK. PERIOD. If you want a real registrar, step up to opensrs.

RacerX

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Flex, I like your style, especially your sig. RacerX lives by that.

W

WeTLD

I'm sorry gang,

I'll have to disagree with your choice of register.com. I've used them with great success to date I mean while all other registrars charge a premium for DNS stuff, Register.com's DNS services are free of charge and their managemenet tools are first rate.

This is just my opinion of course. :rolleyes:

Cheers,

Dave Sullivan, WeTLD

flex

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by RacerX
Flex, I like your style, especially your sig. RacerX lives by that.

wwww

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by WeTLD
I'm sorry gang,

I'll have to disagree with your choice of register.com. I've used them with great success to date I mean while all other registrars charge a premium for DNS stuff, Register.com's DNS services are free of charge and their managemenet tools are first rate.

This is just my opinion of course. :rolleyes:

Cheers,

Dave Sullivan, WeTLD

You can get great and FREE dns managemement tools at mydomain.com. Verisigns price is just a joke!
Another two cents... :razz:

BTW: The Registrar I had most problems with was defenitely registerfly!

W

WeTLD

Originally posted by wwww

You can get great and FREE dns managemement tools at mydomain.com. Verisigns price is just a joke!
Another two cents... :razz:

BTW: The Registrar I had most problems with was defenitely registerfly!

Well, I was speaking on "Register.Com" and don't feel trying another registrar is necessary at this time based upon register.com's great services and tools.

Well I'll add another two cents now and that should have the pot totaling six cents :rolleyes:

Cheers,

Dave Sullivan, WeTLD

wwww

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by WeTLD

Well, I was speaking on "Register.Com" and don't feel trying another registrar is necessary at this time based upon register.com's great services and tools.

Well I'll add another two cents now and that should have the pot totaling six cents :rolleyes:

Cheers,

Dave Sullivan, WeTLD

Okay, my fault...

However, it's still the same ridicolous price. No matter what dns services they offer, I still think they charge too much.

Adding anoter $ 0.02 :embarrass

am i the only one who can't view mydomain.com?

I've seen it before and had people tell me about it but I can never get the page to come up

???

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by WeTLD I'm sorry gang, I'll have to disagree with your choice of register.com. I've used them with great success to date I mean while all other registrars charge a premium for DNS stuff, Register.com's DNS services are free of charge and their managemenet tools are first rate. This is just my opinion of course. :rolleyes: Cheers, Dave Sullivan, WeTLD

Afternic too always had excellent software (as Register.com also has), probably the best of the best at Afternic. I talked about that glowingly several times here. Their entire program was superb, the best programming and capabilities I have ever seen by far.

Too bad their staff and support was not even a fraction as good! Personally I would never do business with anyone connected with Afternic, especially the owner of Afternic, Register.com.

I doubt if I would use their services even if it had free registration, after the way they treated all their members and their amazingly poor cust service for approx' 2 yrs, ignoring everyone's emails and pleas for help and assistance, and later shutting everything down with zero notice to long time members.

Since this is a public forum I can't really say everything I want to say about them, especially those not so nice words. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Dave, you better hope they don't decide one day to handle Register.com as they did AN and run it into the ground as they did Afternic, a good possibility.

P.S. I have read that Register.com and NetSol are basically the 2 primary losing registrars, losing zillions of names to the competition, especially to Tucows OpenSRS :)

W

WeTLD

Originally posted by RealNames

Afternic too always had excellent software (as Register.com also has), probably the best of the best at Afternic. I talked about that glowingly several times here. Their entire program was superb, the best programming and capabilities I have ever seen by far.

Now, i'm not sure who came first "Afternic" or "Register.com" but I do know that before Afternic became a part of Register.com, I was using "Register.com's" services.

Too bad their staff and support was not even a fraction as good! Personally I would never do business with anyone connected with Afternic, especially the owner of Afternic, Register.com.

I do know Afternic's services/support "suck with gusto" but am not ready to parlay the blame over to "Register.com" because Afternic sucked before the buyout occured.

I doubt if I would use their services even if it had free registration, after the way they treated all their members and their amazingly poor cust service for approx' 2 yrs, ignoring everyone's emails and pleas for help and assistance, and later shutting everything down with zero notice to long time members.

Again! an Afternic issue, not a Register.com issue.

Since this is a public forum I can't really say everything I want to say about them, especially those not so nice words. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Dave, you better hope they don't decide one day to handle Register.com as they did AN and run it into the ground as they did Afternic, a good possibility.

I believe Register.com left the same organizational structure in place at Afternic because they didn't know how to run a re-seller venue. I do believe however that Register.com should have learned the ropes by now and applied some competent management of/at Afternic.

P.S. I have read that Register.com and NetSol are basically the 2 primary losing registrars, losing zillions of names to the competition, especially to Tucows OpenSRS :)

Yes! I read lots of things as well, but I guess it all depends upon who you trust these days.

If someone could show me some feature sets from some of the other registrars and then show me why they believe their registrar is better, maybe I'd be convinced to take another look.

Cheers! My Friend!,

Dave Sullivan, WeTLD

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
WeTLD said "I do know Afternic's services/support "suck with gusto" but am not ready to parlay the blame over to "Register.com" because Afternic sucked before the buyout occured."

Dave, That is not so from what I recall, Aftenic was good BEFORE the buyout. I recall they always replied to emails and even had an official visit the chat room and forums once in a while to help out.

Prior to the buyout Afternic was highly respected and gave good personal help and support. It went downhill almost immidiately after the buyout took place. They continued sliding regularly for approx 2 yrs to the point they gave zero support on any subject and finally shut most features down with no notice.

Is there anyone else here who can verify AN was once good and Afternic's big steep decline started AFTER the Register.com buyout?

P.S. Hope to visit you at the new Prescott Mall this summer! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom