Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

closed www.incometaxes.com

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I say send it to auction at Sedo next time you get an offer, dont get stuck on the idea its worth a certain amount, the market is gonna tell you how much it is worth and you will get a fair price, and that includes not starting with some stupid reserve or start price.starting at 100K like you did is not smart IMO because it doesnt get the bidding started and thats closer to an end user price....maybe contact some end users before and if it doesnt yield a response sell it to the highest bidder..starting at 100K..comon..most people here saying its worth a high amount wouldnt buy it for half of that, so I think its god to sell it otherwise its dead capital if the traffic is not outstanding in terms of revenue, by which I mean more than $1000 a month

ditto..
Domainah, we really must stop agreeing like this! ;)
Pred

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If you take less than 100k for this domain EVER you are a fool...and not in the Motley Fool kinda way! Good luck! ;)

An unreal domain!

Chris

domainah

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
ditto..
Domainah, we really must stop agreeing like this! ;)
Pred

ha..you are right..I know we disagree on .mobis..but thats pretty much it, and if people think its really worth a lot more than 100K a well promoted auction with no reserve and $1 to start is the best thing to do because then the price would be at 100K in no time...

tas38

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I agree as well, so far it's at $13,100 on ebay. But I seen most ebayers know, that bidding early does not help you win the auction, it's better to snip it with a few secs left. That way you bid the highest price your willing to go, and not give anyone else time to rebid higher at all.

It's got no rev on it, so with that amount on it if he stops the auction. People will get pretty upset, but he took the chance doing the auction with no rev.

domainah

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
what do you mean? there is a reserve..You are right about last second bidders..I would have sold it somewhere where people dont bid the last second but with the extended auction format if someone bids in the last 10 minutes or so..auction with a reserve always indicates the seller has no faith in the value himself...plus the missing stats...not an optimal auction IMO

tas38

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It says no reserve on it, so it will sell to the highest bidder.

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i have to come from a personal standpoint.
incometax singular covers the singular & plural
taxes works well on it's own, but not as this domain imo
personally i wouldn't pay more than low $xxxx
just my opinion, however unfashionable that is.
has a bit of age to it. wish you the best of luck with it & hope it flies for you
Pred

tas38

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Sorry you was right, it does have a reserve on it. I looked at it to fast, and got no reserve in my head some how, but I agree a reserve does make it look not as good.

But at the same time, that should not matter if some one really wants to domain. They will value it on what it's worth to them, a reserve does keep some from bidding though. As they may likely feel, the reserve would be close to the buy it now price.

Domagon

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Who owns the domain?

The whois for lawyar.com doesn't match that of incometaxes.com ... or is there some aspect I'm missing?

Something doesn't seem right with either domain (based on whois and how they have presented them here on DNF), but can't quite put my finger on it ... could just be my imagination running wild ... perhaps the poster would be kind enough to post a detailed history of how they acquired the domains and their history ...

As of now I'd say incometaxes.com is worth either negative whatever someone is willing to pay OR assuming ownership / history are clear, then perhaps mid 5-figures+ assuming incometaxes.com has traffic (has no OVT scores) and some decent PPC earnings ... does it?

Ron

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
ok

wwwdotcom

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thank you all of you guys for helping me out and thank you for advice negative or positive! www.incometaxes.com is premium domain and thats where it will stop. I get many offers from 100k and up but i reject, my asking price is 180k which thats how much minimum sedo.com gave. If you know better then them! then you should open up your own domain name site. marry christmas and thanks for your time in advance! G.O

Creature

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i have to come from a personal standpoint.
incometax singular covers the singular & plural
taxes works well on it's own, but not as this domain imo
personally i wouldn't pay more than low $xxxx
just my opinion, however unfashionable that is.
has a bit of age to it. wish you the best of luck with it & hope it flies for you
Pred

Do you remember the argument about 'property' and 'properties' and which one is best? ie 'property' covering both the singular and the plural. Incometax would be my choice but maybe incometaxes gets more type-ins.

Domagon

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You didn't address my concerns... reaffirms my gut feeling something is right. Or did you simply just miss my questions above (see post #30 in this thread) ...?

How do you know incometaxes.com gets more traffic than incometax.com? ...

Why I'm getting the feeling I'm feeding the trolls ... perhaps it's just my imagination run amok again.

Ron

loscocco

is out kiteboarding
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I peronsally wouldnt let it go for less than $200K thats pocket change to companies like H & R
Vodka.com just sold for $3m and i can EASILY see this one being worth a similar value
Don't forget to pay taxes on the sale HEHE

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am ready to call scam on this one. I agree with Ron, this just doesn't seem right at all. Based on his language, other sales threads and actions involving this domain there is something fishy happening for sure.

DaveZilla

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
All questions of legitimacy aside, timing is everything. I would try to sell this domain closer to US tax time.

Companies have these issues on their minds and can persuade their board members more easily to make such a huge purchase.

domainah

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
legitimate or not...he is trying to sell a domain without gicing stats or real info..its not worth as much as he thinks it is...endusers are nice and all...but the ones with deep pokets dont come around that easy...just because there is a huge sale here and there people think their domain should sell for the same money...there are 50 million domains, over 1 million of them are really good..so selling a good domain for top money is not as easy as many people think..he wants enduser prices in an auction...not gonna happen

Domagon

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Just because others are bidding large amounts, doesn't necessarily mean a particular domain has the value one would expect it to ...

See the chryslerfinance.com thread for an example of what can go wrong when one gets caught up in the bidding hype without checking the details more carefully...

http://www.dnforum.com/showthread.php?t=187194&highlight=chryslerfinance.com

In particular, read post #22 on page 2 of that thread.

Ron

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom