Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

closed www.incometaxes.com

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wwwdotcom

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have this domain auctioned at ebay, asking price 180,000 dollars, appraised price up to 450,000 dollars, also they also certify the domain as premium domain at www.premiumdomains.com, and moniker has listed on there site for live upcoming auction the premium domain.....Now i have many buyers, can anyone tell me how much do you think i should sell it over 180,000 or? thanks in advance............G.O

DaveZilla

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If someone offers you 450,000 you should take it.

GAMEFINEST

PURE SAVAGE
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Milk It For As Much As You Can

wwwdotcom

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. Davezilla

Once it goes it never comes back LOL

domainah

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i believe the appraisal was made by someone that didnt make an offer.. I have no doubt that you will get a good price at auction, but I dont think it will be even close to 450K.., I think if you get 180K thats a great deal as well for both parties..that money buys a lot of traffic domains

tas38

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I would ask for 1 billion for it, and 12 billion if the gov't wants it. No make that $21 billion for the gov't, with $200+ hammers that a very cheap price.

I like the name, but like www.incometaxe.com even better.

You should take note, what you think they are making off the incometaxe.com site, because if I was going to buy one I would offer them more for it then your name.

wwwdotcom

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Well Thanks for the info Domainh! Thats why the appraisal said 450,000 dollars but good value buy it now 180,000 dollars for both parties.

Rockefeller

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think $180,000 is a fair price.

Have you contacted HR Block? You could probably get $3-$400K from them.

wwwdotcom

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
No Rockefeller, I just decided to sell recently........But Good Idea!

wwwdotcom

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yes i did list during that time to see the feedback i am getting NOT SO SURE IF I WANTED TO SELL, Now i am ready to sell for sure.

tas38

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
( Have you contacted HR Block? )

Just go to www.hrblock.com to their email, and get their phone and even office locations.

Duckinla

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I can see it's value for traffic and keywords. But it's hard to imagine an enduser is going to want to spend money trying to brand incometaxes.com. It's just not a natural term the way incometax.com is an you would lose a ton of business there. Google results of "income taxes" are about 6% the size of google results for "income tax".

Bionic

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Overture result is good even for the plural

238 incometax.com
239 incometaxes.com

should fetch $200K

tas38

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Funny how many names get high appaisals here, then some time later see it in a auction cheap. And no one even wants it cheap then, the name is ok but nothing that great. There are better ones that work better, to be worth anything near $200k.

It going to have to be pretty specail, and have a lot of good luck to sell it for that much. Most people go to H&R block, or like the biggest part of people use software to do it them selfs. There is a market for the name yes, but my guess it's worth much closer to 10k or at best 50K, and that is pushing it a lot.

Just the fact the poster felt the need to say, it was appraised price was 450k. And that should make it a easy $180k for selling, tells me they are not going by any real facts. That appraisal is worthless, if they believed in them and know that was pretty close at all. They could easy buy it for $180, and sell it and make some great money easy.

But they will never ever do that, because they know for a fact they are worthless. If the poster don't believe me, post it for sell here for $180k and see if anyone jumps on that great deal. I'm even sure if they posted it for $50k, no one is going to jump on it here.

bwhhisc

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Have you contacted HR Block?

There is also their competitor: Jackson Hewett tax service.

On appraisal, I would be temped for anything over $100k.
Out of curiousity, what kind of traffic does the domain get?

jr360

DNCEO
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Damn...... wasn't this domain name for sale last may????
I think i remember contacting the owner and he wanted $2500 and i didn't get back to him....
Remamber not to fall asleep Jay!!!!!!!!!!

Good Luck with the sale!

wwwdotcom

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

domainah

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I say send it to auction at Sedo next time you get an offer, dont get stuck on the idea its worth a certain amount, the market is gonna tell you how much it is worth and you will get a fair price, and that includes not starting with some stupid reserve or start price.starting at 100K like you did is not smart IMO because it doesnt get the bidding started and thats closer to an end user price....maybe contact some end users before and if it doesnt yield a response sell it to the highest bidder..starting at 100K..comon..most people here saying its worth a high amount wouldnt buy it for half of that, so I think its god to sell it otherwise its dead capital if the traffic is not outstanding in terms of revenue, by which I mean more than $1000 a month

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom