• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

closed www(.)TESTING(.)com

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

INVIGOR

New Member
The Originals
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Feb 26, 2004
Messages
1,503
Reaction score
0
I would appreciate your valued opinions with regard to the value of testing(.)com for potential END USERS, not to other domainers, investors, resellers, etc., but to an end user.

Thanks
 
$15-25k - undeveloped domain name to an end user.

I think it's too generic of a name for an end user to pay big bucks for it. I think a test preparation would much rather have TestPreparation.com or TestPrep.com, a blood test company would much prefer BloodTest.com, and a drug testing company would want DrugTesting.com or DrugTests.com. An actual "testing" company like the College Board (producers of the SAT) wouldn't want to brand Testing.com, as they would prefer to brand their SAT.com or CollegeBoard.com. This is just my opinion, and as full disclaimer, I offered $20k for the name since I wanted to develop it into a full website with areas for various types of testing. My goal was to build it into a fully-operational site, which would be sold based on the name + revenue multiple.
 
First thing come to my mind is Software Testing (QA). I think this is a quite valuable domain. I would say mid $xx,xxx possible.
 
High $xx,xxx to low $xxx,xxx

A company supplying home testing kits would love it - think of the subdomains;

blood.testing
chlamydia.testing

etc
 
I would not sell this for less than 35k....I think the potential is very, very high on this...but as mentioned before maybe a little too generic...though great potential for subdomain site....aids.testing.com, dna.testing.com etc...
 
mid-hi $xx,xxx to $xxx,xxx enduser IMO. Testing can be everything from engineering-related to software and security testing. Huge market, great name!
 
Min 20-30k up to high xxxxx

name "shouts" for developing ....
 
I appreciate all of the comments, appraisals and feedback. Thanks
WmLoz
 
I would appreciate your valued opinions with regard to the value of testing(.)com for potential END USERS, not to other domainers, investors, resellers, etc., but to an end user.

Thanks

BTW, I think it's quite difficult for domain investors to give an accurate assessment of what an end user will pay without intimate knowledge of the particular industry. Some industries have huge revenues but paper thin margins, while other industries may be opposite. Also, non-profits are generally thought of as having little money, but that isn't always the case.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom