• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

closed wwwcasinos.mobi

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

VividChoice

New Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Mar 8, 2006
Messages
90
Reaction score
0
casinos.mobi just sold for $52,000.

I have wwwcasinos.mobi. Registered during the rush. I've seen these www prefixes go for a lot on the .com. Any thoughts on the value.

Thanks,
 
You see... mobi are the names where you don't have to type www in the front.
...so regfee
sorry
 
Typing URLs in mobile phone browsers is a pain and I highly doubt that anyone would type www in front of casinos.mobi. Not only that, he will also have to miss the dot as well! ... for now, I think that reg fee is generous.. sorry:(

Typos for .mobis may be hot some day, but the only typos that -to my opinion- have any future are the ones with switched letters. The typos with missing letters(or characters) are not likely to receive traffic because the writing speed on the mobiles is relatively slow(in comparison to keyboard typing) and the user is most likely to notice that he missed the letter.
 
Thanks for the reply's!

I would say that the new owner of casinos.mobi has huge plans for development, considering the amount he paid. Hopefully they can generate lots of traffic.

Reg fee doesn't sound bad to me. It's better than a loss!

Cheers
 
Reg fee doesn't sound bad to me. It's better than a loss!

Attaboy! Good attitude.

the others are right. Anyone knowledgeable enough to use the .mobi extension will probably not be typing www.
 
regfee, if you are lucky to have a buyer.
 
casinos.mobi just sold for $52,000.

I have wwwcasinos.mobi. Registered during the rush. I've seen these www prefixes go for a lot on the .com. Any thoughts on the value.

Thanks,

it will be hard to sell the name on this forum. ;)
try to sell it on ebay, perhaps someone will bid.

if you do typos on mobi keep away from www and have a look to your cell phone, the keyboard is a bid different as a regular one. ;)

forgive me for the joke. :blush:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom