Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Yanks about to get whooped?

• Thread starter President Gringo
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
P

President Gringo

USA are gonna have their butts whooped by Portugal this week in the World Cup (soccer of course).

Anyone think USA will qualify to the next round?

Domain summit 2024
M

MattyP

May just surprise at the World Cup.

Senagal just gave the French one hell of a shock and there is no reason the Americans can't provide a few of their own.

Matt

P.S. For all the cricket followers out there.
It seems Hansie will do anything for publicity.

Just kidding.

Originally posted by President Gringo
USA are gonna have their butts whooped by Portugal this week in the World Cup (soccer of course).

Anyone think USA will qualify to the next round?

Oops, I would not talk after today's 1-1 of England against Sweden :D

Nic

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by MC Juice
World Cup? haha who cares. I do not know one person who watches that shit.

Are you serious?
The rest of the planet CARES expect maybe for you and your friends.

Soccer is the most watched and most popular sport in the world.

Nic

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
the spanish channel (cannot remember the name) plays them live @ midnight

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Nic Are you serious? The rest of the planet CARES expect maybe for you and your friends. Soccer is the most watched and most popular sport in the world.

I am sure USA will not do too good at those games. Few Americans even know the Games are underway, including myself.

Soccer is number 1 in the world but far from number 1 in USA. Most Americans have never even seen a game (except their kids school games). Oddly it's very popular at elementary/middle school levels. The term 'Soccer Moms' is well known and all popular domain extensions are taken except Biz).

Most Americans have never heard of The World Cup. It's unpopular on TV and the Media and gets almost no press coverage. Professional Soccer ranks poorly in USA, with sports popularity possibly ranking in this order - American Football (not related to Soccer), Baseball, Basketball, Hockey, Golf, Soccer.

Not sure why that is so but the late night comedians sometimes make jokes about how boring soccer games are with their 2-1 or 1-0 scores, etc. :laugh:

Nic

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by RealNames

I am sure USA will not do too good at those games. Few Americans even know the Games are underway, including myself.

Soccer is number 1 in the world but far from number 1 in USA. Most Americans have never even seen a game (except their kids school games).
Most Americans have never heard of The World Cup. It's unpopular on TV and the Media and gets almost no press coverage. Professional Soccer ranks poorly in USA, with sports popularity possibly ranking in this order - American Football (not related to Soccer), Baseball, Basketball, Hockey, Golf, Soccer.

Yes I totally agree, and often wondered why it is so ! :rolleyes:

P

President Gringo

Isn't female soccer big in the US? Well, bigger than anywhere else in the world so i'm told.

England sucked something big time, it would not surprise me of they didn't get a single point. They only just scrapped into the world cup. And France ain't much better.

In 1999 the US Women won the Womens World Cup. It was a great tournament, and the womens team was clearly the best on the field.

The US Mens team in 1998 was a joke.

The US Mens team this year is one of the better "scrappy" teams in the tournament.

I think the Portugal game will be a great game. I predict 2-1 US, with the tie breaker coming in the last 10 minutes...

-t

P

President Gringo

lol
2-1 USA? are you sure?

My prediction 3-0 Portugal

If you feel like a flutter, 2-1 USA is 25/1
Portugal winning 3-0 is 7/1

And what were the odds for Senegal over France - 500/1?

:)

"That's why they call it sport"

-t

P

President Gringo

odds on senegal winning that match were something like 6/1.

You have to keep an eye out on these African/South American teams. USA thou, naaaaaaaaaa, no chance. Well, we shall see on wednesday.

Nic

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
African teams are very underrated !
they are going to do some serious damage :)

P

President Gringo

Originally posted by Nic
African teams are very underrated !
they are going to do some serious damage :)

Totally agree. African countries are becoming like South American countres as in they are becoming football crazy. We have yet to see that in North America/Asian countries.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by RealNames I am sure USA will not do too good at those games. Few Americans even know the Games are underway, including myself.

Soccer is number 1 in the world but far from number 1 in USA. Most Americans have never even seen a game (except their kids school games). Oddly it's very popular at elementary/middle school levels. The term 'Soccer Moms' is well known and all popular domain extensions are taken except Biz).

Most Americans have never heard of The World Cup. It's unpopular on TV and the Media and gets almost no press coverage. Professional Soccer ranks poorly in USA, with sports popularity possibly ranking in this order - American Football (not related to Soccer), Baseball, Basketball, Hockey, Golf, Soccer. It's even more boring than Pro Golf Tournemants.

Not sure why that is so but the late night comedians sometimes make jokes about how boring soccer games are with their 2-1 or 1-0 scores, etc. :laugh:

I made that post yesterday. By an amazing coincidence the CNN Network show Crossfire which aired tonight talked about why Professional Soccer and The World Cup is so unpopular in USA. They agreed it was incredibly non-popular and concluded it was so because the sport was so boring, far too boring for Amercians!

Perhaps one of the Crossfire hosts is a member of dnforum as they ran the tv show on it the next day & even used my words in my post yesteday almost exactly as stated. Isn't that odd? :D

Personally I find baseball and to some extend american football boring. Why? Because I am not from the US. It's hard for someone what has a different culture to adapt all the way and change their favorite spectator sport preferences.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I agree about baseball, very boring. It's been yrs since I watched a game. The only time I found it good was when I lived in Chicago long ago and hitch-hiked to the Cubs Games down Addison St where I lived, and the Cubs Player who drove me would let me in to Wrigley Field free.

But not Football, by far the most exciting sport in the world, especially Bears Games at Wrigley or Soldier Field or even at the Minneapolis Metrodome vs the Vikings, near where I later moved.

Are you from Greece? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators