Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

appraise YourLocal.network

This thread is an appraisal of the domain name requested.

peterfoy

Reaction score
I kinda purchased this domain for fun of it as I sit on TV and I hear lot's of phrases that people use to introduce something. Purchased the domain in the end of 2019 but I think this domain has a very strong potential for pretty much anything but rather say IT related...

What I think is that the domain itself could cost for more than 10000$ as it doesn't matter how many people search the word itself but instead how niche it is :cool:

Anyways I would be thankful if someone can give me their opinion or rather to say their evaluation of how much this domain can cost on the market ;)

Domain summit 2024

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi

since you say, it can be used for anything....
then
that means it doesn't mean anything in specific.
and that, to me, could be the barrier, to appeal.

additionally, there are alternative domains available for registration cost, like:

localnetwork.club
localnetwork.today
localnetwork.news

so, I don't see anyone paying a premium for your domain.
Good Luck!

imo..

peterfoy

Reaction score
Hi

since you say, it can be used for anything....
then
that means it doesn't mean anything in specific.
and that, to me, could be the barrier, to appeal.

additionally, there are alternative domains available for registration cost, like:

localnetwork.club
localnetwork.today
localnetwork.news

so, I don't see anyone paying a premium for your domain.
Good Luck!

imo..

The domain is actually premium when I first purchased it from NameCheap as it had a tag on it saying so and people do pay for domains that they usually hear as in words from other people use to explain things all the time. I don't know how your evaluation is based on a solid fact that nobody is going to buy it as the alternatives you've listed are completely different to the one I have and is not about playing with the words to say it's an alternative.

The only way we could call something an "alternative" is if you keep to the SAME name with a different domain extension or use SYNONYM to counter a similar meaning to the exact domain you want to get but still keep the same domain extension.

You've could of said many VALID reasons as of why it might be challenging to sell as for example .network is an GTLD which is hard to SEO on Google compare to TLD like .com/.co.uk which are more widely accepted by search engines or otherwise easily indexed and trusted. Whilst the most logical choice would of been if you used any free domain appraisals online for example GoDaddy and get estimated value of 145$ but other than that, I believe the domain is more valuable than that.

Thanks for your opinion at least but I just feel you didn't took your time to give me a good reason as of why someone might not buy it ?

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks for your opinion at least but I just feel you didn't took your time to give me a good reason as of why someone might not buy it ?

Hi

so, tell me how much you think it's worth?
yourlocalnetwork.com is for sale @$2,495 and how much did you pay for your domain @namecheap.com?

still, to the quote above:
if... I am "someone" and I give what I think, are alternative choices
then those choices are valid to me, as alternative to paying a higher price for your name.

we don't have to agree, and I don't need to say the obvious of it being a new extension, when I gave examples of them as available.

Good Luck!

imo...

Pandemic

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Reg fee, and that's hoping their reg fees don't increase, lol.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators