• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

closed ZARE.com - ???

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

michaelg314

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Dec 6, 2005
Messages
1,210
Reaction score
1
I'm trying to get an idea as to the general consensus of what ZARE.com is worth.

It's a 4 letter, pronounceable, brandable .com domain name. Also, there are two huge companies that operate at zale.com and zara.com.

Thoughts? I'd really appreciate any feedback.

Thanks.
 
I say $250 for this. You might get more and you will certainly get offers for less but I would estimate that's it worth as a brandable 4 letter.
 
labrocca said:
I say $250 for this. You might get more and you will certainly get offers for less but I would estimate that's it worth as a brandable 4 letter.


i am going to have to sya the same with Labrocca. 250$ Does sound right to me.

- John
 
Agreed. Maybe slightly more to end user.
 
id say $500 in time, as more and more brandable, pronouncable 4 letter combos get developed.
 
Gdurni, I have to admit that your Mindsift.com website looks awesome. Very sharp. Congrats.

As for all the appraisals, thank you everyone so much. I really appreciate your input. I've had a few others appraise the domain at between $6K and $8K. Why such a discrepancy? I guess this is really an art and not a science. Real estate still seems so much easier to value than domain names. I've even had an appraisal by moniker.com for a few thousand dollars. It's pretty tough for me to place a reasonable asking price. Sure, I'd love to get $6K to $8K for ZARE.com. Heck, I'd want to get more. But realistically, I guess the ultimate end-user dictates. Thanks.
 
I guess i would buy it for $500 since I think it to be worth 1-2K
 
There's some spelling ambiguity; could be spelled zair or perhaps sair. $500 seems pretty reasonable to me. However, looking at the following comp's, Zare could indeed sell pretty well.

Domain TLD SalePrice SaleDate SaleThru
SIZY com $300 Jun 06 Afternic
Civo com $3,173 Jun 06 Sedo
Sori com $3,200 May 06 SnapNames
Zoso com $3,500 May 06 SnapNames
TESI com $4,407 May 06 SnapNames
Muvo com $5,100 Jun 06 SnapNames
Caco com $5,300 Jun 06 SnapNames
Zong com $10,000 Feb 06 Sedo
Azam com $75,000 Jul 06 Private

Cheers,
BidNo

[edit: added zong.com to list]
 
I'd say $2k minimum. If somebody doesn't want to pay that much, let them keep looking then. The rarer good 4 letter names get the more it will be worth. Hold out if you have to. I have several good 4 letter pronounceable domains myself and have paid attention to recent sales such as the ones posted in the previous post. Definitely worth waiting a few years or so if you can afford to wait for the real money..
 
I agree with 007. It's short, pronouncable, sounds cool, easy to say, easy to remember, can be applied to almost anything for a new start-up company. Good example of a domain that might not get traffic but has high brandability. I'd agree with an asking price of 2k min. if you're willing to hold out for it. good luck.
 
Well, I think you're right in that it's worth minimum $2k. Though I do think that it's certainly worth a lot more. I've had others appraise it between $5K-$7K. I do believe it will get even more valuable with time.

In any event, there's just under an hour left on the Ebay auction and I don't believe the reserve price will be met. I could be wrong, as there are lots of watchers and everyone tends to bid at the last few minutes. We'll see... THanks!
 
so reserve was not met? mmm...what was it set at? Just curious now that the auction is over.
 
I know. It was close though. I set reserve at $2,500. So, since it's still available, if anybody is interested, please PM me or post here. In fact, for $2,500 (buyer pays paypal fees or he can wire transfer me the money), just PM with "sold".

If anybody is interested, you have to respond by tonight, 12:00 am EST. First person takes it. Otherwise, I'm just going to hold on to it.
 
Preoccupy said:
low $X,XXX or high $X,XXX

I think high $X.XXX is too much at least in the short run (5 years), this "appraisal/promotion" thing here for your domain is proabably the most attention your domain is gonna get in a long time, it might pay off to take the 2+K and buy some other domains that generate some revenue instead, the money you make from that, plus the value of the new domains you could buy should exceed any future gain that you might make by just hoping for something better to come along..
 
Someone obviously liked that name. Sold for 2k on ebay. Nice Job
 
Not Sold, Reserve Price was not reached then no Sale.
 
i think you're very very very silly to have set a reserve so high. the word is meaningless and the other 4 letter meaningless sales were made because they happened to have found the one buyer who actually wanted that combination of letters. it is very rare to find a buyer like this. $2000 for an LLLL.com that makes no sense and doesn't resemble anything is a GREAT deal seeing as how you probably got it for a bargain basement price-- if you didn't reg it yourself :-)
 
1) Putting sales links in an appraisal thread is a big no-no here on DNF.

2) Its tough to value this name, if you are selling to a reseller than $400-$500 probably makes sense, but as you have seen some end users will pay $10,000+. It all depends how long you want to wait before selling the name, as there is a big chance that enduser will never show up.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom