• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

closed zt.net

  • Thread starter Thread starter dragonhawk
  • Start date Start date
This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dragonhawk

Guest
This is a 2 letter domain, not IDN. Thinking of selling, but not sure how much to sell it for.
 
mid xx,xxx and up
 
Since you have owned it for a while, I assume no end-user has tried to buy it from you for the $xx,xxx as people quoted above. Since LV.net (Las Vegas) and BS.net (Bullsh*t) both sold for $15k and below, and I can't think of a thing that ZT.net could stand for (the best thing Acronym Finder could find was "Zulu Time"), I would value ZT.net at between $6,000 - $10,000.

LV.net sold for $10,000
BS.net sold for $15,100
JK.net has been listed on Afternic with a BIN of $13,500 with no buyers
 
how and where you register 2 letter or character domain names?
 
why123 said:
how and where you register 2 letter or character domain names?

You can only buy them from registrants
 
sales figures from 2 letter.nets are usually sales where the buyer contacted the owner, so you had a motivated buyer to begin with, so unless someone is contacting you about the domain, I don't think you can get as much as you saw in past sales, also, ZT is not a great acronym, its still a great domain compared to most of the other things here, but selling it now will prob. give you around 6K from a reseller, you are better off holding on to it until somone really wants it
 
Good name... current value = 9 - 14k

Despite what others were saying, there are several excellent acronyms that can be associated with it...

ZT Zulu Time (GMT 0.00) (military designation for Greenwich Mean Time)
ZT Total Available Effort
ZT Zebra Time
ZT Zen Tricksters (website)
ZT Zero Tear (printers)
ZT Zero Tolerance
ZT Zichy-Thyssen (Arabian horses)
ZT Zion Train (band)
ZT Zipper Tubing
ZT Zone Time
ZT Zoo Tycoon (game)
zT Zum Teil (German: partly, to some extent)

Regards ~
 
IMO, it's not worth anywhere near the high values suggested here, especially the low to mid xx,xxx ones.

You guys must be forgetting its a bad letter Z name and to make things worse also a .net.

Much more desirable good 2 letter org's may go for the monies mentioned in the thread but certainly not bad 2 letter net's, especially with acronyms being so hard to use, and most net's getting little natural traffic.

I would value it at about 3k to 6k only because of its rarity.
 
This baby could go from 5-10k reseller.
 
Lets not forget comparing prices in a marjket where growth is apporx 33% a quarter needs to be done carefully.

IMO, and hey whatever thats worth ;)

LV.net sold WAY too cheap.
BS.net could fetch far more today vs. months ago.
JK.net could have gotten more than the $13.5K asking If handled properly.
Two crap combos on ******** just sold for $9 and $10K
I could go on as I have sold several LL dot nets and orgs this year but I laugh when I see nice domain sales in the PAST used and not better comparisons available today.
Most nice LL orgs see high $XXXX and even $XXXXX.


My opinion is a reseller would pay mid $XXXX plus for this and most any other LL net with limited use or poor letters based on the current growth rate and in the right hands it could be sold to a reseller for $8-$10K. I spend alot of time hunting out , buying and trading LL domains, these are the realities. Using examples from the past in a market that is seeing fast growth in value needs to be used properly. I would challenge those members to find better deals...than tell me where they are. ;)

It is an easy $8-$10K to a reseller, infact if I owned it I would have had it sold in one day for $10K and probably regretted that in 3 months.

domainah said:
sales figures from 2 letter.nets are usually sales where the buyer contacted the owner, so you had a motivated buyer to begin with, so unless someone is contacting you about the domain, I don't think you can get as much as you saw in past sales.

:jaw: This is the most ignorant post I have read in a long time. I love it when people talk out of their bum-bum. You couldnt be more wrong domainah.
 
TheLegendaryJP said:
LV.net sold WAY too cheap.
Totally agree - the owner got himself a great deal - I believe he also owns LasVegas.net and worked out the deal for LV.net privately.

TheLegendaryJP said:
JK.net could have gotten more than the $13.5K asking If handled properly.
It is still for sale on Afternic with a minimum offer of $10.5k and a BIN of $13.5k - why not handle it properly and make some $$$??
:plane:
 
domainah said:
sales figures from 2 letter.nets are usually sales where the buyer contacted the owner, so you had a motivated buyer to begin with, so unless someone is contacting you about the domain, I don't think you can get as much as you saw in past sales,...

I agree with that theory in varying degrees with all domains, not only LL net's. It's a very valid point and explains many of the high value sales to a good degree. Similar to a house sale where the buyer comes to the house after seeing it on the MLS and first noticing how well it matches his needs and is the right neighborhood where he wants to live so makes a nice offer. However, someone else who the seller solicits first will probably pay less since they less interested in the first place and the home is not in the exact neighborhood they desire.
 
high $X,XXX reseller

low to mid $XX,XXX retail if you find the right buyer
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom