• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

3D related domain names?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, picked up Fights3d.com today.was this a waste on money? Thanks
 
Hey guys, picked up Fights3d.com today.was this a waste on money? Thanks

I like it, if you think sport, gaming and movies will be pushing 3D into the future, this is a nice name, the singular would have sounded nicer though

Turn it into a 3D MMA/UFC/Boxing site


​
 

I like it, if you think sport, gaming and movies will be pushing 3D into the future, this is a nice name, the singular would have sounded nicer though

Turn it into a 3D MMA/UFC/Boxing site


​
Thats exactly what my thoughts were on it also. I gues now we just wait for that type of media to be available to us. Thanks...
 
I have held the domain name 3dwealth.com for many years ... I plan of holding it many more :-)
 
By DAISUKE WAKABAYASHI

TOKYO—Aiming to rejuvenate sales of its hand-held game machines, Nintendo Co. plans to sell a new portable 3-D gaming device that won't require special glasses.
For months, Nintendo has been rumored to be working with chip makers on a new portable gaming device to succeed the DS, the best-selling portable videogame system ever, with more than 125 million units sold since its launch in late 2004.
Smartphones such as Apple Inc.'s iPhone have started to emerge as a threat to portable gaming devices like the DS, especially among casual videogame fans who are satisfied with simple and easy-to-play games.
View Full Image


OB-HX793_NINTEN_D_20100323072955.jpg

Bloomberg A woman tries out Nintendo's DSi LL hand-held game console, known as DSi XL in Europe and the U.S. at a game store in Soka City, Saitama Prefecture, Japan, on March 1, 2010.

BTN_insetClose.gif

OB-HX793_NINTEN_G_20100323072955.jpg




Kyoto-based Nintendo said the new device, which is temporarily being called the Nintendo 3DS, is scheduled to launch during the coming fiscal year ending March 31, 2011. The new system will also play current Nintendo DS games.
In a brief and unexpected statement, Nintendo released no additional information about the coming device's price or functionality. The company said it would provide more details in June at the videogame industry's annual E3 convention held in Los Angeles.
From televisions to digital cameras, electronics companies are targeting 3-D technology as a way to revamp existing products. Sony Corp. plans to upgrade its PlayStation 3 console to play 3-D games with a free software upgrade, but consumers will have to buy a new television and glasses to play 3-D games at home.
Nintendo President Satoru Iwata told analysts in January that 3-D is "suitable" for gaming and that the company had interest in it, but expressed some doubts about whether everyone would want to wear glasses to play games in 3-D. The requirement of glasses to view 3-D images is often cited as a hurdle to the technology's widespread adoption.
"Nintendo has a track record of incorporating new technologies to make its products pretty interesting," said Jay Defibaugh, director of equity research at broker MF Global FXA Securities.
At the same analyst meeting, Mr. Iwata said Nintendo has been working on 3-D technology for years, secretly adding a feature into the GameCube, the predecessor to the Nintendo Wii, to display graphics separately for the right and left eye for the possibility of 3-D gaming. It was never introduced as a feature in the GameCube
Among all the potential applications of 3-D technology, videogames are placed at the top of the list because the graphics are already created in 3-D. What's more, videogame fans are considered more likely to spend for a new technology like 3-D.
Almost all 3-D technology available now requires either battery-operated or color-filtered glasses. Most glasses-free 3-D technology are prototypes that require the viewer to stand in one location and keep their head perfectly still.
While Nintendo's past track record with home game machines has been hit-or-miss, the company has always maintained a dominant position in hand-held gaming. Ever since it broke into the category with its original Game Boy portable game system in 1989, Nintendo has remained on top by appealing to its youth audience with game franchises such as Pokemon.
When the DS was released, it was considered a step forward for portable gaming because it came with two liquid-crystal-display screens, one of which was touch-sensitive. It hit the market at the same time as Sony's PlayStation Portable, a rival hand-held game machine, but Nintendo has sold twice as many DS units as Sony has sold PSP hand-helds. The PSP has sold about 60 million units.
The new 3DS comes at a time when existing DS sales are starting to slow.
Nintendo DS sales are expected to decline slightly this fiscal year from peak demand in the fiscal year ended March 31, 2009. The company is forecasting sales of 30 million units in the fiscal year ending March 31, down from last year's 31.2 million units.
Even though more consumers are turning to the iPhone for casual games, Mr. Iwata has asserted that the iPhone isn't a direct competitor to the DS, because they appeal to different customers. However, Apple has openly targeted the DS and PSP by saying those portable game devices don't stack up to the iPod Touch or iPhone.
While Nintendo has maintained the same basic features of the DS, it has tried to refresh the DS line-up with new models. It launched the Nintendo DSi, which comes with a built-in camera, in November 2008. A year later, it added the Nintendo DSi XL, a larger-sized model that is targeted at older users.
Software sales for the DS are forecast to fall more dramatically, with an estimated 24% decline in the year ending March 31. Nintendo has suffered as piracy of DS games continues to eat into demand. Over the lifetime of the DS, the company has still managed to sell a staggering 688.3 million units of software.
—Juro Osawa contributed to this article.
###END ###

www.3DNews.us
 
I have the following:

3dsgames.us
3dsgame.org
mario3d.info
zelda3d.com
 
Everyday there is something new with this 3d technology. I picked up 3dkidmovies.com.

I had a quick question when grabbing 3d domains, Do you guys think it is better to get domains that have just 3d or with the hypen like 3-d.
Ex. 3dgames.com or 3-dgames.com or does it matter. When reading about 3d I see both alot. Thanks
 
Ink_Cartridge_Firm_HP_Goes_3D.jpg
Ink cartridge firm HP goes 3D


Fans of all printers and ink cartridges manufactured by toner cartridge producer Hewlett Packard (HP) may be interested to hear that the company is about to start shipping the first of its three-dimensional (3D) printers.

According to an article on DesignNews.com, the printers, manufactured by Startasys, will be shipped off to five European countries with an ultimate goal of going global with the 3D printers.

Scott Crump, Stratasys chairman and chief executive, said: "We believe the time is right for 3D printing to become mainstream. We also believe that HP's unmatched sales and distribution capabilities and Stratasys technology is the right cominbation.

"HP has made a similar move in this market before, capturing a dominant position in large-format 2D printers. Together we hope to repeat this success with 3D printers."

This news comes soon after Volkswagen replaced more than 52,000 fax machines, printers, photocopiers and scanners with less than 17,500 all-in-one devices throughout its business and integrated these products into a unified IT infrastructure.
http://www.internet-ink.co.uk/ink-news/Ink/Ink-Cartridge-Firm-HP-Goes-3D-4933

By Johnny McMaster

### END ###
Brought to you by 3DNews.us
 
I just picked this very nice name up.

3DGamePad.com

Very, Very pleased with this one.
 
Just regged 3ddomains(.)ca - going to put together a quick site showcasing all my 3d .ca's and the other ones I have in .com and .net

and I regged a few more 3d .ca's... sports related ones... I need to stop!!!
 
What do you guys think of this one? 3-dtemplates.com just aquired it.... Thanks
 
I had 3dws.com for some years and then lost it, I don't want to remember if it was in the registerfly debacle or one of those strange registrars (lost 1 or 2 domains with them, never received the renewal emails and I had not moved them to my fav registrar back then... so many things going on). I learn with my mistakes...

Today I registered 3df.net as soon as it became available. F may stand for free or files, I haven't decided how to develop it.
 
I had 3dws.com for some years and then lost it, I don't want to remember if it was in the registerfly debacle or one of those strange registrars (lost 1 or 2 domains with them, never received the renewal emails and I had not moved them to my fav registrar back then... so many things going on). I learn with my mistakes...

Today I registered 3df.net as soon as it became available. F may stand for free or files, I haven't decided how to develop it.
Ahhh Bluelook, I too was trying to get 3df.net today, you beat me to the punch congrats on that one...
 
Oh... sorry... I know what that is, I was tracking geotextiles.net and "lost it" by 1 minute or less!
 
Crap...I just sold my 3DS dot ca domain.
 
Picked up another 3d domain. What do you guys think of customized3d.com..
Thinking about developing it into a site where you can get everything 3d customized such as templates,avatars,pictures, etc.. Think it has a shot? Thank You
 
Quality 3D Portfolios Wanted
cool.gif


Do you have a quality 3D Portfolio?
Would you like to have it listed for FREE for buyers to see?

Send me a link to your portfolio and if it is good, I will put it under “3D Domain Name Portfolios”
on a news site about to launch.

What you will get is your website name, with a live link to your site.

The site is for 3D domain names for sale.

I will publish the web new address soon, for the rest of the world to see.

Send a link to: [email protected]
Cheers,
3DKing.me
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom