Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

9 Months Later whats worth more... .xxx domains or the....

Status
Not open for further replies.

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
9 Months Later whats worth more... .xxx domains or the T-Shirts they handed out at the Traffic show?

Anyone making any revenue off theior .xxx purchases?

Adam

rngrdanny22

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
No profit from the one I own. Probably going to let it drop.

Poker

Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I only bought one, hand regged in mid Dec, it's averaging 20 type-ins a month.

WhoDatDog

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
They are all worth less than zero, just like .co and .mobi. That's right, less than zero. The extensions are scams and as a whole cost domainers and the world lots of money and time, and the time wasted will NEVER be replaced.

Same old story year after year after year, and that is one of the reasons that domain forums are now worth about 1/20th of what they were at the peak. Nobody stepped up and did the right thing, so what has happened is perfectly fair, and well-deserved by the domainer community. Even guys like Rick Schwartz, who I root for and respect, fell victim to the lure of easy money, as he listed, and probably still lists, these absolutely worthless extensions at his auctions, and he is the biggest fan of dotcom.

Remember Flowers.mobi? He allegedly paid over 200K for this, then sold it for 6K last year. I believe the second sale. That Flowers.mobi so-called sale caused a ton of damage to the domainer community as a whole, as these message boards were overrun with garbage for multiple years after that. Same thing with the disgraceful scam involving Overstock.co. It's all garbage. Always has been and always will be.

Any and all people associated with it should get awards for being LOSERS. If Rick can fall victim to it, then anyone can. I hate to even mention him, as he knows that dotcom is king and tells people that all day long.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
9 Months Later whats worth more... .xxx domains or the T-Shirts they handed out at the Traffic show?

Anyone making any revenue off theior .xxx purchases?

Adam
I do get traffic and clicks with spooning dot xxx. Nothing major. Its at Sedo and I will most likely move it to bodis.

I'd rather have a Life is Good t-shirt which, I think, the .xxx has earned me enough.

dejanlesi

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I passed on them and from the looks of things that was a very good idea :)

DomainsInc

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
there has never been a successful new tld release....well for the buyers at least. if anything i think .eu was the most successful over time. makes me wonder what all these people applying for tld's think they can do differently. i bought a few .xxx domains. i will keep a couple but drop the rest.

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
They are all worth less than zero, just like .co and .mobi. That's right, less than zero. The extensions are scams and as a whole cost domainers and the world lots of money and time, and the time wasted will NEVER be replaced.

Same old story year after year after year, and that is one of the reasons that domain forums are now worth about 1/20th of what they were at the peak. Nobody stepped up and did the right thing, so what has happened is perfectly fair, and well-deserved by the domainer community. Even guys like Rick Schwartz, who I root for and respect, fell victim to the lure of easy money, as he listed, and probably still lists, these absolutely worthless extensions at his auctions, and he is the biggest fan of dotcom.

Remember Flowers.mobi? He allegedly paid over 200K for this, then sold it for 6K last year. I believe the second sale. That Flowers.mobi so-called sale caused a ton of damage to the domainer community as a whole, as these message boards were overrun with garbage for multiple years after that. Same thing with the disgraceful scam involving Overstock.co. It's all garbage. Always has been and always will be.

Any and all people associated with it should get awards for being LOSERS. If Rick can fall victim to it, then anyone can. I hate to even mention him, as he knows that dotcom is king and tells people that all day long.

Good points... You would think the .Mobi crowd would have learned when they hand registered hundreds of domains on a false premise, and now we see the same crowd doing the exact same thing with .xxx on yet another false premise, but not on as large of a scale due to the $100 reg fee. So when you say their losers, I agree with that statement because losers don't learn, they REPEAT.

And did somebody say their receiving traffic from spooning.xxx? In light of the recent story where a teacher spoon fed sperm to little children, I could very well see the perv's flocking to spooning sites. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/02/01/mark-berndt-lausd-responds-to-teacher_n_1247138.html

Not a domain I'd be bragging about.

Last edited:

DomainsInc

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
And did somebody say their receiving traffic from spooning.xxx? In light of the recent story where a teacher spoon fed sperm to little children, I could very well see the perv's flocking to spooning sites. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/02/01/mark-berndt-lausd-responds-to-teacher_n_1247138.html

Not a domain I'd be bragging about.
Oh come on. Thats just ridiculous. No one is going to 'spooning.xxx' for anything like. That doesn't even make sense. Spooning is a very common word, not necessarily even sexual. I would assume being in a relationship you know what spooning is..you are going to extremes due to your hate on with certain members.

dvdrip

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have a few. Some get constant traffic.

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
No one is going to 'spooning.xxx' for anything like. That doesn't even make sense. Spooning is a very common word,

Common word amount perverts, Why else would visitors use the .xxx TLD? Are you going to tell me their shopping for cooking spoons?

Get real.

DomainsInc

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Common word amount perverts, Why else would visitors use the .xxx TLD? Are you going to tell me their shopping for cooking spoons?

Get real.
if you consider cuddling with your partner perverted, well...i don't know what to say.

woofard

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This thread sure took a strange turn... But I would vote - T-Shirt!!

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
if you consider cuddling with your partner perverted, well...i don't know what to say.
It has nothing to do with the domain or the message and you are 100% correct in your assessment.

Her comments have everything to do with the fact that it is I who made the post and I who own the domain. That is all it is...nothing more and nothing less than her taking the opportunity to attack the OP.

Let's just sum it up as another one of her grandeur sanctimonious moments as a thrill seeker wanting the attention.

Suddenly, I and everyone else are to drop the .xxx extension simply because she said so. It doesn't work like that no matter how blessed she may see herself as wanting to do goodness for mankind by protecting the world from me. It is an obsession that she has cradles and nurtured for years now. Nothing to contribute, nothing of value to offer, nothing worthwhile to post. Yes, suddenly a domain name that I own is associated with the me being the this demonic force violating children of the planet because the real demonic person spoon fed sperm to children. Suddenly the words "spoon feeding" or "spoon fed" is 100% associated with the word "spooning". Why??? Because she said so. And because she is trying to spoon feed everyone else in the thread. Hope you all are not partaking of it...

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
So who is making money from undeveloped .xxx domains, either through PPC or domain sales ?

dvdrip

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If you are asking if I am making in PPC the cost of renewals, then no.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators