Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

cctld Adam Dicker - DCG - CIRA Nominee - ALL .CA OWNERS - PLEASE VOTE

Status
Not open for further replies.

GeorgeK

Leap.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I enrolled a while back when they were giving out the free usb storage devices but the cheap bastards never did send me one. :eek:

I got one in the mail last week. It's great!

Domain summit 2024

revolution1

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
So I asked to become a member and they said they cannot reissue the email so they are sending me paper forms. When is the deadline to vote?

Premiumhosted

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I got one in the mail last week. It's great!
As did I :)

Maybe you could tell us more about what you would try to do as board of directors at CIRA? What are your goals and plans you are going to try and achieve? This would probably inspire more people to vote for you. You know I will vote for you.

jaydub

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

GAMEFINEST

PURE SAVAGE
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I vote for adam

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
One of the first things I will fix is this voting system its from the stone ages.

The system shows I have received one vote out of the 20, I know I have received more.

Next will be the transfer process.

We can't fix it without someone who knows domains on the board. ;)

-=DCG=-

revolution1

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Adam would you relax restrictions on owning dot ca's???

I

impactadmin

Hey,

How many members have confirmed their vote for Adam so far?
Please post here if you have confirmed a vote so far.

Thank you

garyrcanuck

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi

CIRA? Just finished trying to contact these folks about my membership. Told I was being transfered to the membership dept. Then was cut off, not once but twice. Phoned the 3rd time, explained what had happened.The gentleman, quite politely after a while mentioned that something was wrong with the phone lines and to try again in 1/2 hour.

I imagine this is only a Monday thing? Perhaps though it is all of us guys wondering what happened to our registrations?

I also sent an email, perhaps that will receive a reply

Being a good Canadian I have learned to have patience dealing with a lot of Canadian registries. They all attempt to protect our Canadian identity, which is good, but ever so often they just end up making things so much more difficult. Instead of following proven in place programs.
Hey getting political? sorrrrry!

Lets vote for Adam & get some experience at the helm.

ianccc

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I confirmed my vote

ALSO

for all those who have not completed their registration:

Notice: Only CIRA Members who have completed the new CIRA Membership Enrolment process will be eligible to vote in the 2007 CIRA Board of Directors Election. You must complete CIRA's Membership Enrolment by July 31st, 2007 to maintain your CIRA Membership and voter eligibility.

I

impactadmin

Hey,

Can anyone else confirm their vote?
The days are limited so please try and get your votes in as soon as possible.
Rewards are provided for the first 30 members who show support.

Big added value to the forum with the owner being on the board of directors. If you are Canadian it would be a huge benefit for Canadian members on dnforum.com.

You can vote here: https://elections.cira.ca/2007/support/login/en

Thanks for your support.

Namefox

Namefox
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I confirm...

hugegrowth

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Notice: Only CIRA Members who have completed the new CIRA Membership Enrolment process will be eligible to vote in the 2007 CIRA Board of Directors Election. You must complete CIRA's Membership Enrolment by July 31st, 2007 to maintain your CIRA Membership and voter eligibility.

Just saw that too, I didn't become a member in time but will now. If I had known DCG was going to do this...

Hopefully there are enough .ca holders here who are members to get this done.

RazorNF

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I didn't verify my membership by the deadline either...
Good luck to Adam though. We do definitely need more people there who can look out for our interests.

GOff

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'm suprised CIRA allows domainers on the board. Wharehousing domains is against their terms and policies to become a registrar due to the conflict of interest in what they stand for. That said being on the board has more impact on their mission than some registrar. Did they have an application form for you to fill out to nominate yourself ?

One of my identities is registered (i got the USB Roy, gave it to the idents address owner though) When I'm back at the desk I'll toss in my vote for you Adam. Only cuz I like you but to be honest there is more value in .ca without domainer presence. When the domainers completely saturate the .ca landscape the value will shift to .com over here. At the moment we're lovin' every days revenue with our premiums. It will drop like a rock real quick. Mark my words.

Good luck. my vote will arrive within a couple of days.

ianccc

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I read each bio of person(s) nominated already, filled with Academics, Political Strategists and Non-Profit Evangelist’s. Geez - I wonder why CIRA is a mess,
taking a easy process and making it to complex – sounds like the Government to me

With a Adam on-board, at least our concerns can be addressed

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm suprised CIRA allows domainers on the board. Wharehousing domains is against their terms and policies to become a registrar due to the conflict of interest in what they stand for.

I read each bio of person(s) nominated already, filled with Academics, Political Strategists and Non-Profit Evangelist’s. Geez - I wonder why CIRA is a mess
I don't think there is anything wrong with having academics and political strategists on board. These are the people who are able to provide the theoretical framework and rationale behind ANY good move. Without them, CIRA will just be a den for greedy registrars.

And with all due respect, I also think Adam's statements (esp. answers to those mandatory questions) are not particularly impressive to non-DNForum members. The PURCHASE of generic domains, while tagged as Adam's "active involvement" in the industry's early stage, really shouldn't be mentioned at all. The same goes with the UDRP fights quoted. Both merely render less than likeable imagery of a cybersquatter to most people (whether it's rightly so doesn't really matter, impression is impression).

Moreover, the "opening up" of .CA domains to non-Canadians is obviously not aligned to the mainstream philosophy HITHERTO in the .CA community, where .CA domains are supposed to offer Canadian individuals and businesses a name space which relates to their Canadian specific audience/market.

My guess is that these 2 points alone will cost MANY to NOT vote for Adam. So those who want to have Adam in will need to step up.

I

impactadmin

I tend not to agree for the sole fact, that Adam has been through many experiences in the domain industry that provide him with the knowledge and experience to be able to educate others who have not been through the entire process.

Also, I dont feel there is much experience within CIRA right now. By going through many of their processes you definitely get that feel. Having someone like Adam within the system would definitely help bring better domainer experience to the whole system and put forth input from Canadian members here who have great ideas but are not heard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators