Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

Adsense for Domains Opening Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

HarveyJ

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The problem with cutting out the middleman in this instance is that you're still getting pretty much what you were before... But the difference is now that any assurances of protection you had from the middleman is gone.
Fact of the matter is that Google can start to squeeze downwards for nebulous reasons because you're an individual that represents a pathetically small fraction of an already insignificant fraction of their revenue, where as at least the parking companies were able to say that they had the aggregate traffic.

H2FC

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
These domains are on Google's "adsense for domains" parking program.

aboutrefinance.info aboutdebts.info
activelyfit.com
advancedlenses.com
advancedtasers.com
When I click on the related topics on the right a new page opens up with one click ads related to that topic....my question is.....do you get paid when someone clicks on one of those ads....or is your pay based only on the ppc ads on the first page? Thanks....

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The problem with cutting out the middleman in this instance is that you're still getting pretty much what you were before... But the difference is now that any assurances of protection you had from the middleman is gone.
I had assurances from Sedo, Parked, and the others???

What, their word was their assurance?

Protection? Protection?

What did I need protection from - Income?

I really do no grasp any of your "assurances" for what the middleman parking companies did for me or anyone else.

Sure, they always offered assurance they do the best they can and each one claims the highest payouts and the highest PPC.

If that were true, why aren't we millionaires and how can they all claim the same thing yet no one seems thrilled with them?

There are and never was any assurances with any of these parking companies. All have negotiated mega-deals with google and yahoo and the others to cut them hefty checks in return for traffic and throw us a few schillings along the way.

The only assurance I am getting lately from any of them is "its out of our hands".

And people are acting like Google is going to eat you up and spit you out.

Even if that happens, it won't be a new experience for any one of us who have done this for a while.

korganian

Domain Junkie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Total page impressions [?]Landing page impressions [?]Results page impressions [?]Page eCPM [?]Earnings AdSense for Domains 71638$0.56$0.04

That is what my earnings report shows after the first 24 hours in the program with 52 domains having been gradually approved over that time. 40 domains have yet to be approved. These four domains were inexplicably rejected by Google:

abetting.info
befitting.info
bestratesclub.com
sussexallergy.com

So much for copy and paste. Here are those stats again.

page impressions Landing page impressions Results page impressions Earnings
73 65 8 .04

davidwest

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
i moved 5 domains into this program, they have been there for a few months, and all have performed horribly....

mostly for the performance reason, but also for the pain in the buttox that it is just to set them up, i will NOT put anymore there. i will also be returning those that are there to parked so that i can get a little rev out of them again...

my 2 cents

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
With nearly a 40% decline in Parked.com revenue over the past year, I'm ready to try something else.

I'll take a crappy looking page that earns money over an attractive page that doesn't ANY DAY.

mark

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
With nearly a 40% decline in Parked.com revenue over the past year, I'm ready to try something else.

I'll take a crappy looking page that earns money over an attractive page that doesn't ANY DAY.

------------------------

Raider: I have only one domain under the adsense for domains program as a test for a few weeks so far. Although initial results are enough for coffee at McDonalds, I am hoping to get at least Starbucks coffee results soon....if not, will head back to a regular parking page, pending development of that domain.
--Mark

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Mark, what provider are you comparing your stats to?

mark

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Raider: The one domain I am testing under adsense for domains was just a parked under construction page while I was gathering raw data for the site. Decided to try the afd page as a test to see if worthwhile. I am also testing 5 domains using the dnforum.com templates with Google adsense for content and comparing that to previous stats as parked with dotzup.com parking program. So far, dotzup's winning. Since those five have now been indexed by Google, I am hoping for some dramatic improvement in favor of Google's adsense program.

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Domains using parked.com are up across the board...many members are reporting higher than ever click %'s and rev updates...people parking with google are losing money imo, parked.com is the way to go..for quality US traffic that is!

:yes:

If you have any temporary issues with lower payouts on previously higher paying domains you might want to check your keywords on the page itself and examine the traffic analysis and see what people are clicking on, most of the time a low paying keyword is the culprit, not the company! They can only pay you as well as they get paid for your clicks from the provider. I track keyword bid values in many verticals online and right now yahoo based parking feeds (namely parked.com) are far outperforming the google based ones..it's fact. Also, don't hesitate to email your account manager and ask about your domains or rev share..they are almost always willing to make sure you are totally happy & satisifed at Parked.com

I tried a few nice domains with GOOGLE parking & the results were a mere fraction of their normal earnings.

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Domains using parked.com are up across the board...many members are reporting higher than ever click %'s and rev updates...people parking with google are losing money imo, parked.com is the way to go..for quality US traffic that is!

:yes:

If you have any temporary issues with lower payouts on previously higher paying domains you might want to check your keywords on the page itself and examine the traffic analysis and see what people are clicking on, most of the time a low paying keyword is the culprit, not the company! They can only pay you as well as they get paid for your clicks from the provider. I track keyword bid values in many verticals online and right now yahoo based parking feeds (namely parked.com) are far outperforming the google based ones..it's fact. Also, don't hesitate to email your account manager and ask about your domains or rev share..they are almost always willing to make sure you are totally happy & satisifed at Parked.com

I tried a few nice domains with GOOGLE parking & the results were a mere fraction of their normal earnings.

This is not the thread to debate Parked, However I'll consider your advice, Thanks.

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Don't be afraid to experiment with keywords..sometimes a more broad and general "category king" keyword like "loans" instead of "bad credit home loans" will bring up better related words & higher paying categories..make sure to remove any tm keywords that show up on your page as they will bring up the non-yahoo results page when clicked on even if the domain itself is getting the normal yahoo feed..also make sure your domain is not "blocked" by yahoo..you can do this by going to the front of the page and clicking "view source" and seeing if there is a "dmx" at the bottom of it on the left. It should look like this:

</html><!--# . dmx -->

If not, then your domain is blocked from the yahoo feed and receiving the alternate and lower paying feeds (sometimes it pays ok, all depends) ..this also might be the case for non US traffic on some domains...researching your visitors and what they are clicking on in the traffic analysis can do wonders for your account & revenue. If they are all clicking on a specific keyword maybe adding more related keywords can bring up your ctr% on the name or you can find even higher paying similiar results for them to click on as well.

Hope this helps, and again this is with parked.com which allows you to have control of these elements where-as google gives you no power over anything really..

omosquera

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I started 3 days ago with a weak domain and is now makin 0,15 /click looooooooooooooooooooooooot bettern than Sedo's 0,2€

---------
.....Google can start to squeeze downwards .....

Anything is better than 0,2€ clicks , believe me.

Makis77

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I started 3 days ago with a weak domain and is now makin 0,15 /click looooooooooooooooooooooooot bettern than Sedo's 0,2€

---------

Anything is better than 0,2€ clicks , believe me.

i thbik u meant 0,02€ since 0,20€ is way more than $0,15

dmyre

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
...also make sure your domain is not "blocked" by yahoo..you can do this by going to the front of the page and clicking "view source" and seeing if there is a "dmx" at the bottom of it on the left. It should look like this:

If not, then your domain is blocked from the yahoo feed and receiving the alternate and lower paying feeds (sometimes it pays ok, all depends) ....

Wow, I didn't know this. Looks like one of my names was blocked, and sure enough, the RPC was alot lower on that domain. Thanks...

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom