• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

closed Announce.com

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Synozeer

New Member
The Originals
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Sep 22, 2003
Messages
137
Reaction score
5
I've had some offers made on this domain recently and I'm curious what people would value it at (name only, not website).

Thanks,
Adam
 
I hope the offers were in the upper 4-digit realm because that's my conservative estimate. Perhaps a round $10k+

Not worth selling to a reseller, this is a top class domain.
 
Very nice indeed. 5-figure minimum. $10k - $15k would be ok now. $15k to $20k+ is probably out there now as well. High x,xxx only if you wish or need to liquidate.
 
My highest offer I received for the name was via Sedo for $35,000, but I turned it down. I wasn't really looking to sell at that price, since I do have this name on my list to be developed in the (hopefully near) future.

Adam
 
Well, since you're going to develop it, $35,000 wouldn't be worth it.. but if you wasn't.. I would have taken the $35,000
 
Should have taken the 35k imho
 
It's a great name. It's very brandable.
But hard as I try, I can't think of a good business to put behind this name.

I think $35K was not a bad offer for the domain.
 
I have to agree; at $35k you're probably past the upper comfort zone of many buyers.
 
Thanks for the appraisals. I'm not in any rush to sell, which is why I didn't mind not selling at that price.

But hard as I try, I can't think of a good business to put behind this name.

It used to be the domain for a webhosting company. Can also be a newsletter hosting company, an Evite-like website (sending out wedding, birthday, baby announcements), SEO website (kind of how it is now), and a company website for any kind of advertising company. :)

Adam
 
I think it's worth more than 35k right now.

Perfect name for some type of news sites,
or making announcements for business, weddings, etc,
or the best one would be for businesses to submit
press releases.

Before I read the posts I was thinking $xx,xxx to
low $xxx,xxx
If you look at the quality of names on the 2005 sales
list at dnjournal this name ranks up there with them.

I would get at least two professional appraisals
for this one when it comes time to sell.
 
hugegrowth said:
I think it's worth more than 35k right now.

Perfect name for some type of news sites,
or making announcements for business, weddings, etc,
or the best one would be for businesses to submit
press releases.

Before I read the posts I was thinking $xx,xxx to
low $xxx,xxx
If you look at the quality of names on the 2005 sales
list at dnjournal this name ranks up there with them.

I would get at least two professional appraisals
for this one when it comes time to sell.

definitely sounds like a PR site, like PRweb or similar, 35k is a nice offer, but you seem to know what you want, so hold on let the value increase, and develope it into a nice site.
 
droplister said:
definitely sounds like a PR site, like PRweb or similar, 35k is a nice offer, but you seem to know what you want, so hold on let the value increase, and develope it into a nice site.


Semi-brandable generic one word domain. Good value to a PR / Advertising firm, in my opinion.

But the $35,000 was a very good offer! Sounded like the offer was from an end-user. The problem is you may not even get another end-user inquiriy. Or, you could get 5 more. Just the way those sort of things work.
 
definitely good for a press release site

great domain
 
I read an article this week about how the Hollywood
studios are slashing their newspaper advertising
budgets because it's not getting them returns at the
box office - as seen by this summer's lack of blockbuster
movies.

More advertising dollars will be finding their
way online where it will just get easier and easier for
a company to reach their target audience through
websites and keywords that attract their audience and
demographic, down to specific countries and states
if they want to.

I think a lot of newspaper ads and tv
ads are partially wasted, because how many of the
viewers are actually 'targetted prospects'? It's a good
way of blasting an ad out there and getting quick recognition,
but what % of people are actually interested?

These kind of factors all relate to the value of this name
and what it could be used for. I think it's highly brandable,
it can target business and advertising/PR areas, which
are multi billion $ markets.
 
Just wondering, is it recently that you have receive the offer for $35K for your domain or if that's couple years ago? I do think your name worth that amount, and possibly higher if you can wait.

Good Luck... Great name you got there!
 
Just wondering, is it recently that you have receive the offer for $35K for your domain or if that's couple years ago? I do think your name worth that amount, and possibly higher if you can wait.

It was just a month ago. First they had bid $15,000, I came back with a much higher price, they went up to $35,000, but I stayed firm at the higher price and they didn't offer a higher bid.

I can certainly wait, a long time if need be, which is why I didn't accept that offer. I'll either sell or develop. I enjoy having good names developed, so I'll eventually get around to it.

Adam
 
Cool...! I definitely recommend developing this domain. $35K should be easy reach... Keep me update with the development of this domain rather you are selling it or developing it. I am just curious how high you can get to sell this domain. Ü

Btw, you might know this already, but you can see if you can get your domain listed on Afternic's showcase domain. They don't accept a lot of names, but I am sure they will accept yours. However, problem is that I am not sure you would like to go on an exclusive contract for Afternic to sell your domain for 90 days.
 
hmmm.
just sold for $90k
a great name no doubt.
what a christmas present
Pred ;)
 
nice sale..I think thats a really good price you got there...I would have sold a lot lower...RESPECT!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom