Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

legal Any experience with certifiedappraisal.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

krismoell

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I've been contacted by this a broker that wants me to use an escrow service from Domain Serives. Their website is certifiedappraisal.net/escrow.htm. Does anyone have any sort of experience with them?

Last edited by a moderator:

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Nope, but by looking at their website I wouldn't trust them as a brokerage service. Especially when they have fire-and-ice.xxx/.me/.in as premium domains. I wonder why they're not appraised at $16,500 like lol-x.org? :lol:

Escrow, Sedo, Escrow Hill, buy straight through GD, many other options.

krismoell

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Please spread so people don't fall for it. Here is the scam email:

Hello!

I'm a broker of an investor from Austria who wants to buy your "LLLLLLLLL.com".

My client has a six figure budget for 50-60 domains. Please specify your asking price in the subject of your message.

Our company is in hosting business. We also provide brokerage services for investors.

I'm working with many domain investors. If you have other domains for sale please email them to me. I will offer them to my clients.

If it's your first time sale I can help you with the escrow/transfer process.

Best regards,

Mark Silberstein

Vice President Investor Relations

Virtual Space Hosting

Switzerland
Basel
Centralbahnstrasse 27
Phone: 061 206 09 92

----

I was stupid enough to reply, and got this email:

8900 - Ok. Before we proceed my investor needs only one thing from you:

As you may know all major domain brokers does not allow listing above $1000 or higher if you don't have an official appraisal. Since the sale price is not low in our case, my client needs an official certificate of price (appraisal). He also needs to know you have no trademark problems. It won't be a problem since I know an official appraiser that offers this option (trademark infringement verification) for free as a part of the appraisal service.

I'm also interested in a good valuation and a high sale price because my client pays me a commission (10-15% of the sale price) on every domain purchase. So I'm not interested in low sales too.

Of course, you should not use a free automated service like Estibot or similar services. My client won't accept them. I was working for Estibot and knew they were using automated scripts for free appraisals. In our case we need a real manual valuation.

To avoid mistakes and wasting money on useless automated services I asked in the forum about reliable manual valuation/TM verification services. Please read this:
http://www.archive-google.com/threads/threadview950824713.htm

The process is very easy:

1. Go to the recommended appraisal site and order the valuation with the TM verification (If you order at any other source they may value your domain for $300-$400. You will waste money and time in this case). You should submit your domains to them and let them know you have a buyer with $X,XXX offer so you need the appraisal near this value. After several hours you will get the results.

2. Then send these results via email and we'll proceed with the deal.

If you are new to the appraisal process I can help you with a step by step instructions.

------

Please everyone, stay away from this thief!!

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If you've ever read this forum, you would know that this is the very basic domaining 'scam' and everyone has gotten it. No need for new topics on the same scam rewritten.

I.E. search "appraisal scam" on DNF and there are 258 results.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators