• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

closed Appraisal: Googe.es

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Premiumhosted said:
Domain Name: Googe.es

Message:
Googe.es

700+ uniques a day... All traffic is from Spain and so therefore most of the people coming are spanish.

I would like to know the value of the domain and I also ask for any advice you would have on parking or earning the most with it? ... Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks,
Jarrod
Value = $0. It's a Google typo...
 
He already has it parked, it's made him money so it's impossible for it to be worth $0. IMHO, I don't think you can put a price tag on it because it is a highly TM'ed typo. I believe it is only worth the money you are currently making so enjoy the ride and hope it last a long time before Google puts its mighty paws on it. :)
 
Legal fees can quickly erode any parking revenue. $0 may even be optimistic....
 
Gonna have to disagree with you. If Google comes after him for it, I would let it go. Why even bother with legal fees? Not worth the fight! I have a few typos myself and as soon as I get a letter from any of the "companies" lawyers, it's theirs. Right now, I am just enjoying the parking revenue.
 
nafti said:
Gonna have to disagree with you. If Google comes after him for it, I would let it go. Why even bother with legal fees? Not worth the fight! I have a few typos myself and as soon as I get a letter from any of the "companies" lawyers, it's theirs. Right now, I am just enjoying the parking revenue.
Each to their own. Good luck.
 
I`m still quite angry from the fact these companies can claim other names despite they are similar to their trademarks.
In my opinion, similar does not mean equal or the intention to be equal.
If you like a name Googe.es, no one should take it away.
Obviously if you put the Google logo on it this is another story.
I dare anyone to say you`re going to lose it if your website shows a different thing from a search engine.
 
Googe is a surname too. There's a few wikipedia articles about famous Googe's. Be careful about characterizing the domain as similar to Google in any way and you should be fine.
 
Googe.com isn't even owned by google so I'm pretty sure I'm safe!!!

Thanks everyone for the comments though, back to topic now please...

What is it worth? How would you recommend optimizing a high traffic spanish domain name?
 
nafti said:
Gonna have to disagree with you. If Google comes after him for it, I would let it go. Why even bother with legal fees? Not worth the fight! I have a few typos myself and as soon as I get a letter from any of the "companies" lawyers, it's theirs. Right now, I am just enjoying the parking revenue.

You are totally wrong. You can't "let it go". When you are prosecuted by a big corporation attorney, you must hire a lawyer and defend yourself, and anyway you are sure to lose, so legal fees+ fine= A LOT OF MONEY :smash:

Premiumhosted said:
Googe.com isn't even owned by google so I'm pretty sure I'm safe!!!

Thanks everyone for the comments though, back to topic now please...

What is it worth? How would you recommend optimizing a high traffic spanish domain name?

You are safe as long as no one visiting your domain is reporting you to Google Inc., Mountain View, CA.
 
I'm sorry to correct you xmas13 but you can let it go sometimes. It depends on the situation. I have received a C&D and I gave the name to the company. No lawsuits, I hired no attorney. Their attorney contacted me and I gave the name back. Now, my situation might be unique but it does happen. With this name just stay away from any relationship to search engines and google. Otherwise, I think it is worth $x,xxx. The reason for the low end is because there is some serious risk of loss to the domain holder. Cheers.
 
acronym007 said:
The reason for the low end is because there is some serious risk of loss to the domain holder. Cheers.
Couldn't agree more.
Premiumhosted said:
Googe.com isn't even owned by google so I'm pretty sure I'm safe!!!
However, "Googe.com" are not monetizing their domain - it's a Godaddy "coming soon" page.

Let's face it, 700+ daily visitors from Spain are looking for Google.es. The problem is it's difficult to know what they would subsequently search for if they found Google. Which in turn makes it more difficult to know what type of non-Google TM infringing page to display.

Perhaps displaying info on current hot topics in Spain, ringtones or something...would bring in something.

Personally I would sell it for whatever you can get over $0 and move on to a non-TM domain. Hopefully for you the previous posters' price of $xxxx is closer to the mark...
 
The problem with a name like this is that all the visitors are expecting to end up at Google.es When they see a links filled page that's not Google, I would bet that most would click away from it. So it is not highly convertable traffic because you can't give the people what they want when they arrive at your page (without having TM issues with Google). If you created a search site, Google is more likely to have TM issues with it.

The problem with parking this name is that the ads that show up on the page are out of your control. It could be showing Google related ads for all you know. And there is a search bar at the bottom of the page.

Still, I'm sure that some visitors are clicking on ads. A name like this has low brandability value, unless the word 'googe' becomes generically popular for some reason. So it's a numbers/risk game. e.g.: how much does the domain make on average per month times whatever number of months revenue someone is willing to pay you for (which would be shorter than pure generic names because of the possible TM issue in the background).

Value of domain is hard to say without knowing the monthly revenue. If you were going to do a page up yourself, you could join some spanish affiliate programs - dating, casino, home business, etc. and put up some affiliate links. Good luck.
 
Couple grand atleast for 700 uniques a day.
dont listen to anyone that says $0 because its a TM typo.
put up a ppc search engine,and a popunder.
 
I'll just throw this out there... I've declined a $5k offer for the domain via Sedo! So please no more $0 appraisals... if you don't want to post value or give me some advice then please save yourself the hassle and don't post.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom