• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

closed Appraisal: landbrokers.com

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BMuir102

New Member
The Originals
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Aug 24, 2004
Messages
66
Reaction score
0
Domain Name: landbrokers.com

Message:
I have gotten an offer for 1k. What do you guys think? What should I look for?
 
If the offer came out of nowhere and the initial offer was $1,000 then you should quit the business if you consider accepting it. You will leave way too much money on the table in future deals, and you will have too many regrets when you figure that out.
 
WhoDatDog said:
If the offer came out of nowhere and the initial offer was $1,000 then you should quit the business if you consider accepting it. You will leave way too much money on the table in future deals, and you will have too many regrets when you figure that out.

...Or you could counter and never hear from them. I would accept the offer, since the name is just mediocre. It depends on your business model though. I find it best to make a profit, but leave room so the purchaser can still make a profit as well.
 
if i were you, i would accept the deal since the name isn`t so good anyway.
good luck
 
dmyre said:
...Or you could counter and never hear from them. I would accept the offer, since the name is just mediocre. It depends on your business model though. I find it best to make a profit, but leave room so the purchaser can still make a profit as well.

Exactly.
 
On the other hand, the domain can be worth more to an end-user, i.e. a real estate agent. There are some real estate firms which use domains that contain the term "land broker(s)". It is your decision, but you can get more than $1,000!
 
Of course you can always get more from an end user..but do you want to spend 10 hours of your time to find an interested end user just to make an extra 200 dollars? Doubtful.
 
godfrey90sf said:
Of course you can always get more from an end user..but do you want to spend 10 hours of your time to find an interested end user just to make an extra 200 dollars? Doubtful.
Not an extra $200, but an extra $x,xxx. That's what I do all the day! ;)

If there is no end-user interested in buying this domain at this time I would hold out for more, because the domain can only go up in value. My 2 cents.
 
Abraham said:
if i were you, i would accept the deal since the name isn`t so good anyway.
good luck

The name is a fantastic name ... it is worth alot more than $1000 ... Land is big business ... big business!

I would be tempted to buy it off the seller for more than $1000 but right now I need the money to pay off my land ... not joking!

Overture

385 land broker
183 missouri land broker
152 texas land broker
122 northern michigan land broker
34 broker buchheit estate land wetmore
33 kap land broker
30 broker east land texas
29 sundown land broker
29 wyoming land broker
27 amarillo broker land tx
27 antonio,tx broker land san
27 austin broker land near tx
27 broker dallas in land
27 broker hallettsville in land tx
 
Worth more than $1k imo.
 
"Land Brokers" is not a common term. Most "land deals" are completed through Real Estate Agents, using the the MLS. I would sell without hesitation...

The majority of the people saying it's worth much more are not located in the US. The term may be more popular elsewhere, but I've never seen the term used in the Real Estate section of my local newspaper, which is a major metropolitan area....
 
IMHO it's worth MUCH more than $1k. Friend of mine was round this morning asking me to help him find plots of land for sale here in England and Wales on the internet. I kid you not!
 
why not get it appraised professionally. If it's worth way more, just keep it for few years.
 
dmyre said:
"Land Brokers" is not a common term. Most "land deals" are completed through Real Estate Agents, using the the MLS. I would sell without hesitation...

The majority of the people saying it's worth much more are not located in the US. The term may be more popular elsewhere, but I've never seen the term used in the Real Estate section of my local newspaper, which is a major metropolitan area....


If the term 'land brokers' is common elsewhere I still think the domain has got value.

The domain in its singular forum, does have search count:

385 land broker

Is it receiving any type-ins?
 
I too think the name is worth more then 1k

quick look at the the overture as posted above and the name becomes:
missouri.landbroker.com
texas.landbroker.com
northernmichigan.landbroker.com

and many more.
Real Estate is a fantasic market.
 
I too think the name is worth more then 1k

quick look at the the overture as posted above and the name becomes:
missouri.landbroker.com
texas.landbroker.com
northernmichigan.landbroker.com

and many more.
Real Estate is a fantasic market.

The domain sold for $xx,xxx :)
 
congratulations!

So how'd you end up getting the bigger deal? Hold out? or just found someone else?
 
congratulations!

So how'd you end up getting the bigger deal? Hold out? or just found someone else?

Someone who worked for Sedo contacted me with a serious buyer. I told him I won't be selling it for another few weeks because I was going to get it ready to market it. I guess they really wanted it because they didn't want me to market it to anyone else. Said if I sold it to them that day they would pay me x amount. Lucky timing I guess.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom