• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

closed Appraisal: UTD.COM

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

montel

New Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Mar 24, 2005
Messages
215
Reaction score
2
Domain Name: UTD.COM

Message:
I received an offer for 20k out of the blue, what do you think it is worth?
 
You might want to offer it to Manchester United FC. www.manutd.com. Could be worth a bit more than 20k to them to be able to become the definitive "United" soccer team. I'm not a huge soccer fan, but I'm fairly sure Man Utd is often referred to just as 'Utd". That's where I'd pitch it first. Good luck -- hard to value off the cuff because I'd want to find an end-user for it.
 
i agree, man united could buy this name for more value. being the rich soccer club they are, the managers would fight to the bitter end to obtain their domain. why don`t you try them? good luck.
 
Maybe they made the bid. First I guessed $50 to $100k for this name. More sensible would perhaps be a counterbid of 30-35 as below.
 
I think around $30-35K.
 
Creature said:
Maybe they made the bid. First I guessed $50 to $100k for this name. More sensible would perhaps be a counterbid of 30-35 as below.


They probably did..


I wouldn't accept the 20K offer just yet.... Counter with more. 20K isn't the most they're willing to spend.
 
montel said:
Domain Name: UTD.COM

Message:
I received an offer for 20k out of the blue, what do you think it is worth?
The previous owners will be kicking themselves they didn't wait another week....

Great name, mid 5 figures to an end user.
 
malmar2 said:
The previous owners will be kicking themselves they didn't wait another week....

Great name, mid 5 figures to an end user.

i think it was the sedo parking that caused that, otherwie i have done nothing to promote this yet.

i am not sure i want to contact man united because i dont want to be accused of domain squatting.
 
I'm sure there's not a lawyer on earth that could successfully prosecute UTD.com as a squat.
 
aZooZa said:
I'm sure there's not a lawyer on earth that could successfully prosecute UTD.com as a squat.

Are you saying it will be safe for him to contact www.manutd.com
soliciting the domain sales?

I thought you mark yourself as squatter as soon as you contact
anyone soliciting domain sales.

Am I wrong?
 
i live in uk and yes we sometimes refer manu as united. Therefore mod has a point.
nice name.
 
Nothing below 50-100k, don't sell it.... contact the Glazers!
 
copper said:
Are you saying it will be safe for him to contact www.manutd.com
soliciting the domain sales?

I thought you mark yourself as squatter as soon as you contact
anyone soliciting domain sales.

Am I wrong?
In my opinion, it would be completely safe. "UTD" means - well literally squat; i.e. nothing. There's no USPTO filing.

Soliciting the sale of a domain doesn't mark you as a squatter. You might have a problem trying to punt mancesterunited.com to manutd.com - it's all common sense really.
 
montel said:
i think it was the sedo parking that caused that, otherwie i have done nothing to promote this yet.

Was the offer sent via email, phone or was it made via sedo?
 
UTD is a good abbreviation of united
But no one use it for Man Utd, since there are some other united team.
Newcastle United Football Club
Sheffield United Football Club
Leeds United
and so on

I think the best price should be Low $xxx,xxx

aZooZa said:
You might want to offer it to Manchester United FC. www.manutd.com. Could be worth a bit more than 20k to them to be able to become the definitive "United" soccer team. I'm not a huge soccer fan, but I'm fairly sure Man Utd is often referred to just as 'Utd". That's where I'd pitch it first. Good luck -- hard to value off the cuff because I'd want to find an end-user for it.
 
t10host, I beg to differ. When people say "United versus Chelsea" for example it only means ONE "United", and that's Manchester.
 
Ok, I just noticed you are from UK.
So you should know it.
 
There is a nice 3 letter name for sale in this forum. I would watch that sale. I think the offer the other party made is a good offer. If they go higher move on it but don't outprice yourself based on speculation from the appraisal forum, no one in here is going to pay your mortgage. Cheers,

Acro
 
via email. i have recieved the standard $60 offers by sedo after i setup the account.
 
I would counter with 100k, if not more.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom