• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

appraisals !

Status
Not open for further replies.

britishbulldog

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Jul 3, 2005
Messages
2,375
Reaction score
6
Compared to 12 months ago the appraisals section has gone down the pan,where there used to be lots of appraisals for even not so good domains,is it because the quality of the domains has gone down the pan in the appraisals section ?
 
I think largely the appraisal section remains nothing more then a guessing game. No one knows what an end user would be willing to pay for domain, histroy reflects no consistency for prejction of future sales. The domain industry is great, vibrant, but largely unpredictable. I think we're all getting better at estimating the reseller prices because the majority of us in here at resellers but we have no clue what John Q. Public is going to pay for any .com. IMHO. Cheers,

Acro
 
But the section itself could still be interesting and useful. The way it is now is just ridiculous. Unfortunate because it could be made meaningful again with just a few new rules.
I find that I'm opening that forum less and less.
 
i dont tend to appraise domains if i dont have knowledge of the industry and tend to skip worthless domains altogether not worth the grief of hurting peoles feelings, while it is better to get honest opinions that your names are worthless domainers have a mental block at least 80 percent of them just dont want to learn from there mistakes, it takes thousands of dollars for some to learn
 
It does seems the quality has gone down at same time the number of requests have gone up. And sadly it seems some decent names are quickly lost in the flotsam. I generally try to comment on decent names and requests from members knowing which way is up. My $.02

Cheers,
BidNo
 
I agree we need a more refined rules for appraisals to avoid good names going unnoticed into waste. Maybe a subdivision of the Appraisal section into subcategories for specific tlds would help to sieve the waste from the chaff. But still the domain industry still remains speculative and open.
 
Abraham said:
subcategories for specific tlds would help to sieve the waste from the chaff.

I very much agree with this. this would add more clarity as you could look at only those tlds that interest you instead of a pile of various names
 
Thanks guys some very interesting comments lets hope someone takes them on board !
 
Duckinla said:
But the section itself could still be interesting and useful. The way it is now is just ridiculous. Unfortunate because it could be made meaningful again with just a few new rules.
I find that I'm opening that forum less and less.

I agree there should be a new format/method to the appraisals, or create an appraisal system that calculates the value based upon the average of the amounts that are posted by members. I really don't think the current method that is in place is accurate in the least bit. If someone likes the color red and the next person doesn't then how do you put a value on it? You can't. Everyone has an opinion and something that is priceless to you could be worthless to someone else... I'm not sure how it should be done, but hopefully we can figure out something that is better.

:twitch:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom