Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Best registrar

Favorite Registrar?

• Network Solutions/VeriSign

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • eNom

Votes: 11 19.0%
  • DomainDirections.com

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Dotster.com

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • Register.com

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • GoDaddy.com

Votes: 24 41.4%
  • DirectNIC

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 17 29.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Domain summit 2024

DNForum

Forum Announcements
Official Account
Reaction score
I voted GoDaddy, since they recently dropped the ownership transfer price, and @ $8.95, good prices also.

I have never registered with GoDaddy. I have been in the domain business for awhile now & I really don't think GoDaddy is bad but I am not positive they will be around much longer. Just an opinion.

definitely Go Daddy. they are cheap, good service and ICANN accredited.
And, like Dan said; transfer of ownership is free.

I dont see them going out of business. :)

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I couldn't agree more with Dan: GoDaddy is definitely the best registrar, now that they have eliminated the ownership transfer fee as well as those paperwork hassle.

And if you have read SnapNames' State of the Domain, you'll know that GoDaddy is actually moving steadily up the top 10 ladder in the past two years and fairing better than DirectNIC. (By the way, I guess both Domain Directions and RegisterFly are just resellers.)

Nic

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
OTHER definately :)

mole

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
eNOM just gets better and better technically. Hard one to beat for its DNS service.

Nic

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
not hard at all to beat....

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
At $29.95, eNom is good for end-users with a few names at the most, and their reseller program ($5.99) asks for a $99 annual subscription fee plus credit card processing extras.

When comparing prices, we have to take into consideration value for money, or the optimal price for the products and/or services we get. In other words, is the marginal benefits (e.g. better technical support or customer service) worth the extra $21 (29.95 - 8.95)?

Originally posted by o4g247
I have never registered with GoDaddy. I have been in the domain business for awhile now & I really don't think GoDaddy is bad but I am not positive they will be around much longer. Just an opinion.

According to your whois record you've been in business for less than 45 days.

mole

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by nameslave
At $29.95, eNom is good for end-users with a few names at the most, and their reseller program ($5.99) asks for a $99 annual subscription fee plus credit card processing extras.

When comparing prices, we have to take into consideration value for money, or the optimal price for the products and/or services we get. In other words, is the marginal benefits (e.g. better technical support or customer service) worth the extra $21 (29.95 - 8.95)?

You forgot peace of mind. Maybe its just me, but resellers make me nervous.

mole

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by snoopy

According to your whois record you've been in business for less than 45 days.

Snooping around again, snoopy? :D

sometimes people like dealing with honest companies; rather than people who need to post fake recomendations to attract customers :)

I want to know one person who owns a company which never recommended their own company to people. I want to know one person besides you, snoopy, who really cares if they plug their own website.

The problem is not that your plugging you website, it's that you've started several thread pretending to by a happy customer of a website that you run yourself. Thus you posts seem to be very deceptive advertising devoid of any genuine content or opinion.

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by mole

You forgot peace of mind. Maybe its just me, but resellers make me nervous.

I agree. However, e.g. OpenSRS doesn't quite have its own registration interface (although easyhosting.com or look.ca is owned by the same company).

By the way, GoDaddy.com is NOT a reseller but an ICANN-accredited registrar by itself. They charge $8.95 per name/year; and from my own personal experience, their customer service is not bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators