Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

developed BigTimeVideos.com - $11,200+ / Month

Status
Not open for further replies.

csmaster2005

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

beermonkey

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Did he ever respond to the post where he is quoted challenging the legality of this kind of site? This is the shadiest site sale I've ever seen.

Jason Benn

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hello,

The problem with Yahoo will be fixed, I'm actually close to a fix myself, as I've been playing around with it for a bit now. This is not the first or last time that Yahoo has done an update of their sites content, however there will be a fix and a work around.

And for the comment about my site not being mvscript.com site, and why it is worth $65,000. You have one thing totally wrong. I am not selling my site based on how cool I think the site looks, I am selling the site based off of the fact that I average $325-$375 per day in profit. If I was just selling the site, I would sell it for $300, but I'm selling a site that receives over 25,000 daily uniques, and 260,000 daily page views, and earns $325-$375 per day.

I'm still waiting for the final contracts to be signed for the sale, as I already have a buyer. Site should be sold and through Escrow within a week.

EDIT: A fix has been found, and all Yahoo videos will be working soon.

dogstar

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If Yahoo doesn't want them to access to data, then these sites are basically trespassing (actually I guess they call it pouching).

It reminds me of the days when the hackers would manage to crack the directtv cards and then "Dave" would send an ecm thrwarting the hackers efforts.

Doesn't seem any more legal either.

Probably this type of site should not be sold on such a fine forum as this. If not illegal, it is most certainly a gray area and there is a high probability of the buyer getting burned badly in the deal.

Even if hackers overcome Yahoo's efforts, they seem determine to stop these pouchers. So in three months or so the site will be down again, but next time there may not be a fix.

I think we should request that this thread be locked and these types of sites not be sold here. What do you think?

Jason Benn

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
dogstar said:
If Yahoo doesn't want them to access to data, then these sites are basically trespassing (actually I guess they call it pouching).

It reminds me of the days when the hackers would manage to crack the directtv cards and then "Dave" would send an ecm thrwarting the hackers efforts.

Probably this type of site should not be sold on such a fine forum as this. If not illegal, it is most certainly a gray area and there is a high probability of the buyer getting burned badly in the deal.

Even if hackers overcome Yahoo's efforts, they seem determine to stop these pouchers. So in three months or so the site will be down again, but next time there may not be a fix.

I think we should request that this thread be locked and these types of sites not be sold here. What do you think?
I think your wrong.

VisualDigits

The One
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
dogstar said:

I agree. Mr. Jason Benn has absolutely no integrity and therefore should not be allowed to be a member of this great community.

Jason Benn

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
DomainMaster said:
I agree. Mr. Jason Benn has absolutely no integrity and therefore should not be allowed to be a member of this great community.

And your the judge - jurry - and executioner?

I have done nothing wrong here.... I told you that if you have any questions you may contact me via PM only.

I am under no obligration to get into a flaming war with anyone in public. I will not sink that no. You may say as you please but the facts are there.

The issue with music video codes sites has been discussed to death, MANY of these sites have been sold here on DnForum before, and the new owner of my site has already consulted an attorney and his attorney has informed him that the site is legal. I already showed proof of traffic and income, so now he knows that my site is legal, and that I truely have the traffic and income that I claim, and that is why he is purchasing the site.

kingeric

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Jason Benn said:
Hello,

The problem with Yahoo will be fixed, I'm actually close to a fix myself, as I've been playing around with it for a bit now. This is not the first or last time that Yahoo has done an update of their sites content, however there will be a fix and a work around.

And for the comment about my site not being mvscript.com site, and why it is worth $65,000. You have one thing totally wrong. I am not selling my site based on how cool I think the site looks, I am selling the site based off of the fact that I average $325-$375 per day in profit. If I was just selling the site, I would sell it for $300, but I'm selling a site that receives over 25,000 daily uniques, and 260,000 daily page views, and earns $325-$375 per day.

I'm still waiting for the final contracts to be signed for the sale, as I already have a buyer. Site should be sold and through Escrow within a week.

EDIT: A fix has been found, and all Yahoo videos will be working soon.
Please stop... U have NO buyer and you have NO fix....Yahoo did not do a UPDATE yahoo did a BAN all poachers.

kingeric said:
Please stop... U have NO buyer and you have NO fix....Yahoo did not do a UPDATE yahoo did a BAN all poachers.
Update....I just spoke with a friend at TF and your site does less then 9 dollars a day at TF you are not being honest with us.

VisualDigits

The One
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Oh boy, you're contradicting yourself now. This could be a case of MPD (multiple personalities disorder).

Do you have permission from yahoo to have these videos can we see proof? How do you talk crap about all these other music video codes sites that they are illegal, don't own one and what not but you make your own site exactly the same using yahoo streams?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Benn
I can affirm that this script is illegal from first hand experience...

Don't believe me? Ask Yahoo yourself.

Quote:
I would HIGHLY suggest you get authorization from Yahoo in writing first, as Yahoo has big pockets and attorneys just sitting and waiting to take someone to court.

Quote:
Well I personally know the guy that operates VideoCodeZone.com. I know that he sold it for $200,000. I also know for a fact that he was making about $1,500 - $1,700 per day when he sold the site. Also know that he was averaging about 1,200,000 daily pageviews and 105,000 daily uniques. He did all of this is 4 months time with $0 spent on advertising.

I see about 42 sites right now trying to get in on the market, and I can guarantee you from experience, that 99.999% of them will never make any kind of money Like videocodezone.com does, not even 1/5 of the amount, simply because search engine traffic accounts for less than 2% of the sites traffic, so having good SERP will do almost nothing for your site.

This is a market that once the first few guys get in and go big, almost all others will fail no matter how hard they try, or even pay to advertise. Simple fact, MySpace.com has 22,000,000 users, and most of those users that want a music video on their profile already have one from one of the big players such as VideoCodeZone.com...etc. Now when people browse their profiles, see the video, and decide they want it also, they click on the link in the video to go directly to the site, they don't go to Google and try to find a site, they go directly to the site and use them. So long story short, once a site dominates the market with incoming links, it's pretty hard for others to try and tap in on the market.

Now why he sold a site that was making $1,500+ per day for only $200K which is only 133 days revenue when a site making that much could easily be sold for 6-12 months revenue ($273,000 - $547,000), well that my friends I can't say, but I can say that it was done for a reason

Jason Benn

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
kingeric said:

Update....I just spoke with a friend at TF and your site does less then 9 dollars a day at TF you are not being honest with us.
And you would know this how? If you aren't a rep for Yahoo, then your WRONG!

kingeric said:

Oh so your insider friend at TF drove down to work and checked out my account? You crack me up...

$9 per day huh? :p
http://img473.imageshack.us/img473/6249/tf18xp.jpg

mvd

DNF Newbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
And you would know this how? If you aren't a rep for Yahoo, then your WRONG!

I'd say its just common sense. It doesnt seem that it would be in Yahoo's best interests to foot the bill on video bandwidth that hundreds of other sites are profiting from.

biggazillakilla

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
dogstar said:

Spot on. :approve:

lux_interior

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Jason Benn said:
As mentioned in my first post, I use more than just TribalFusion for my ads.

Mr Benn you are a complete and utter liar, thief and scam artist!

You stole my entire site GetMusicVideoCodes.com not more than a month ago. You even had all my ad codes up there, my ripped design and even my graphics. You were too lazy/stupid to change them. I notified GoDaddy, whom you were trying to hide behind with their 'Domain By Proxy' and also your ISP. You then made a lame attempt to change the site but mate it looks shi*er than ever :cheeky:

Your 'stats' are completly bogus you scumbag...here's what I noticed with only 10 seconds of looking at your code...

Code:
document.write('<scr'+'ipt language=javascript src="http://a.tribalfusion.com/j.ad?site=VideoCodeZonecom&adSpace=ROS&size=120x600&requestID='+((new Date()).getTime() % 2147483648) + Math.random()+'"></scr'+'ipt>');

I could go on son but you are a complete waste of my time.

LOSER!!!

Lux

ERCollins

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
no I am, your site is actually infringing on yahoo's trademark services. If you think yahoo does not sue and udrp people you better go through the records.

Fake sales do not build the reputation. A fake undisclosed sale will not get the sale listed anywhere either.

Sorry you said your traffic does not come from search engines, or back links, but you said you get 25,000 uniqs a day? I am waiting to see this proof, if you can make the claim in a public sale you can prove it in a public thread.

Show me the proof!

adill420

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
wow! and by the way it was pointed in sitepoint that this person was using 2 or 3 different identities and lol kinda backing each other up..

also somewhere it was confirmed that $200,000 sale of videocodezone did not go through..the interested party was EddieUS who I am assuming backed out? Later on it was pointed that it was reigstered to someone in Russia..Although I can't confirm that it as sold or not (I personally hope not)

ERCollins

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
who in there right mind would sale a site making 1,500 a day for only 200.000? only a scam, that would be a 1,000,000 sale on a legit site. wat a srt guy? did i spell that right?

Oh so your insider friend at TF drove down to work and checked out my account? You crack me up...

$9 per day huh?
http://img473.imageshack.us/img473/6249/tf18xp.jpg

I sent the screenshot over for my friend to check out, they pun apon people showing fake stats from and rev from there program.

There is no domain name, no account name, no anything, nice fake screenshot!

Our site is now back up and running like normal. We are running off our backup database, so right now we only have 6,750 music video codes live, but that is better than nothing. As soon as we get our main database of videos working again, we will have over 13,000 videos again. Thanks for baring with us during this time. Currently we are the only music video code site online that is working!

Wow you not going to give yahoo credits for their software, I am sent emails to yahoo, about your site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators