• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

closed couriers (dot) com

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

glomedia

DNF Member
The Originals
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Dec 12, 2003
Messages
242
Reaction score
0
Interested in your thoughts on this
 
It's good to see a quality domain in the appraisal section again. Nice generic 1-word .COM with plenty of advertisers and high search volumes. I can't decide which would be better, the singular or the plural. Depends on development of course. Your name could be developed into a register of worldwide couriers, while the singular could be snapped up by one of the big courier companies.

I'd say $25k-$30k reseller and low $1xx,xxx end-user.
 
Definitely agree. Very valuable name. I think that couriers plural could also be used by a single company. 'I'm going to call couriers.com to deliver this parcel'. Find a courier company that operates all over the world, or nationwide.

Edit:

ok perhaps not as valuable as courier though: http://www.google.com/trends?q=couriers,+courier
 
im sure i saw the .net sell on sedo other day for $20k

keep an eye on dnjournal this week, sales report out on wed this week

personally wouldnt sell for under mid - high xx,xxx
 
im sure i saw the .net sell on sedo other day for $20k

keep an eye on dnjournal this week, sales report out on wed this week

personally wouldnt sell for under mid - high xx,xxx

I believe it was the singular, which sold for $25k.
 
This is a great name...I would not sell for less than high xx,xxx
 
PM sent
 
Last edited:
I think this name can fetch $XXX,XXX if done properly.

It's about time we hava a very good dotcom posted in the appraisal section. Lately the names posted here have been utter garbage.
 
On the outset in looks like a xxx,xxx domain but thinking about it more causes a problem is how many big courier companies are out there ? only a handful here in the U.K with enuff cash to purchase a domain of this calibre with the lies of TNT,DHL,Businesspost and maybe one or two other's.........and maybe 10 or so in America so the market is limited as i cant see either buying such a domain..........

But heyho i reckon this domain will bounce about the domain industry a few times before if ever reaching an enduser............
By the way i have a courier business and even how small i am i would never invest in such a domain as i could by a couple of more vehicles for the same price ;-) oh and when my clients talk about a courier it's the singular not the plural,i reckon the singular could be worth at least double.

My value $25K but good luck !
 
Wonderful name, I see this going to a new courier company looking to fast track itself into the industry, easily worth low $xxx,xxx to an end user.
 
Thanks for the feedback. I have already had two offers at $1xx,xxx from end users. I believe the plural to be better than the singular. The singular would imply a smaller organization than the plural in my opinion.

For example cleaners.com gives the impression of an organisation with lots of cleaning staff. cleaner.com implies perhaps just a one man operation. The same applies to this name.
 
Thanks for the feedback. I have already had two offers at $1xx,xxx from end users. I believe the plural to be better than the singular. The singular would imply a smaller organization than the plural in my opinion.

For example cleaners.com gives the impression of an organisation with lots of cleaning staff. cleaner.com implies perhaps just a one man operation. The same applies to this name.

I Disagree to be honest i am in the courier industry and have been for many years i can tell you people say "lets call a courier" in the freight industry the term courier is used more than couriers but you entitled to your opinion but i'm telling you from years of being in the industry. .......you should of broke them arms and legs with them offers as i just cannot see you getting much more from an enduser.........but to be honest it's all in the eye of the beholder.
 
Last edited:
Thanks for the feedback. I have already had two offers at $1xx,xxx from end users. I believe the plural to be better than the singular. The singular would imply a smaller organization than the plural in my opinion.

For example cleaners.com gives the impression of an organisation with lots of cleaning staff. cleaner.com implies perhaps just a one man operation. The same applies to this name.

If you did receive a xxx,xxx offer you better run to the bank and cash that check ASAP! I can't see it going higher, sometimes you just get the right buyer. If you hold off for more you may lose this opportunity. Good luck!
 
if limos.com makes $5 million a year then couriers.com is in the same ball park.

courier.com gets more searches but couriers.com is still top range premium.

6 figures
 
Not so sure about couriers.com and limos.com being same class.
Limos.com - probably most site users are individuals.
Couriers.com - it's b2b site. Businesses already know their couriers.

Still, Couriers.com is premium domain.
Mid $xx,xxx for reseller and $xxx,xxx for enduser.

May THE right enduser find you soon ;)
 
If you did receive a xxx,xxx offer you better run to the bank and cash that check ASAP! I can't see it going higher, sometimes you just get the right buyer. If you hold off for more you may lose this opportunity. Good luck!

I agree. A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush. I recently sold a domain for $2,500 rather than holding out for the $5K that I thought it was worth. In this economy its better to be liquid.

Best of luck!

- MG
 
You already had 2 offers in the few days you own the domain? WOW

Thanks for the feedback. I have already had two offers at $1xx,xxx from end users.
 
People might say "lets call a courier" but I still think the plural is better. In the UK I might say "i'm going to buy a car" but a website with the domain cars.com sounds better than car.com - I have owned the same domain in the .co.uk TLD for a few months and was surprised how much interested I received from the UK courier industry - not just the big names. There are many large businesses in this industry.

I have plans do develop these names so aren't looking to sell unless the offers are very tempting. As an experienced internet entrepreneur, I know that a developed site can produce an income stream much more interesting than an offer of $1xx,xxx..

With interest rates as they are, the return from $1xx,xxx in the bank is next to nothing.
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom