Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

legal DallasRealtor.net - $1 auction ends 72 hours

Status
Not open for further replies.

realestate

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Dear Mr. Dmrye,

What is amazing to me, is that people such as yourself try to tarnish the reputation just to get their way. The "auction" went for $31. That's ridiculous for a name that I've spent the time, effort, and money on like I have on that of dallasrealtor.net. Now, im fairly new to this forum. That being said, I had no clue it was going to go for the price of a case of beer. What I do know, is that I reserve the right to sell the domain name or keep the domain name. I did not sign a contract, or take any money from you. You have not lost anything. So if you want, keep trying to tarnish my name on this website, but I will not be selling it to you for $31, much less for anything now after these comments.

Austin

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Austin - this is not eBay - but even on eBay, if you refused to sell at the closing price a domain with no reserve, they'd ban your account. That's exactly what you're risking here, aside from your overall reputation as a domainer, that is.

Cartoonz

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
...What I do know, is that I reserve the right to sell the domain name or keep the domain name...

You put the name up for auction and it sold for what it sold for. You cannot "reserve the right" to do anything other than transfer the name. You are arrogantly thinking that you can make up your own rules as you go along, as witnessed even by how you tried to subvert the rules even while the auction was running, is pathetic and ignorant.

Let's see what happens next... like anybody other than you does not already know.

realestate

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I most certainly can reserve the right...

And yes you are wrong on the banning of the account as well. I may get a bad feedback from the potential buyer (dmyre), or a point deducted, or however they do it. But they do not ban your account. When selling anything online, unless you have a written and hand signed contract. You are not legally obligated to sell it, it is your property. You reserve the right to sell it to whomever you want. When you say this is not ebay, of course its not ebay. Ebay is a free service. You can sign up, and buy or sell anything. Obviously once upon selling it cost a few bucks, but you have the right to sell whenever you want. In this website, you pay $60 (or $40? something like that) just to be a member and be able to sell. So if they were to kick me from the website, which they have the right to do, they would need to reimburse me what I paid to join. However, don't threaten me with statements of kicking me off, or tarnishing my reputation on multiple blogs. Get a life, I refuse to sell for $31 period.

Austin

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
How old are you, Austin? You sure come forth as very juvenile in your statements. There are rules and regulations here on DNForum - if you don't abide by them, you get the boot.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
When selling anything online, unless you have a written and hand signed contract.

Real estate transactions need to be in writing and signed but with many other contracts verbal or written and not necessarily signed is still binding, especially if covered in the TOS or Rules.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

And yes you are wrong on the banning of the account as well. I may get a bad feedback from the potential buyer (dmyre), or a point deducted, or however they do it. But they do not ban your account. When selling anything online, unless you have a written and hand signed contract. You are not legally obligated to sell it, it is your property. You reserve the right to sell it to whomever you want. When you say this is not ebay, of course its not ebay. Ebay is a free service. You can sign up, and buy or sell anything. Obviously once upon selling it cost a few bucks, but you have the right to sell whenever you want. In this website, you pay $60 (or $40? something like that) just to be a member and be able to sell. So if they were to kick me from the website, which they have the right to do, they would need to reimburse me what I paid to join. However, don't threaten me with statements of kicking me off, or tarnishing my reputation on multiple blogs. Get a life, I refuse to sell for $31 period.

Austin

I'm curious, are you a Realtor® ?
Handling a real estate transaction like that would not be tolerated.

You should blame yourself for not setting a higher reserve (starting price). This is not the 'make offer' section, this is an auction. Dmyre has the highest bid, he won the auction.

Melly

Pink Lover!
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If you didn't to chance it going for a low price what was wrong with post in the taking offers or a fixed price of what you thought it should be?

It's your own fault for putting it in a $1 auction area.

I would wish you good luck getting your name dmyre but we both know its not going to happen.

What a waste of time this seller is. I doubt many people will be bidding on his names.

Maxwell

Formerly known as grcorp.
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Johnn

Administrator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I moved the thread to this section and you need to complete the transaction.

You have the responsibility to read and comply with the rules here.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Austin

Maxwell

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
they would need to reimburse me what I paid to join.

For not playing by the rules that you agreed to abide by when you joined this forum?

That's the same thing as going to a concert, let's say, that prohibits the use of recording devices. If you're caught using a recording device as you had agreed not to, they have every right to kick you out, and they don't have to refund your ticket, as one of the conditions of your entrance to the concert was to not use a recording device.

I could probably think of a better analogy, but I think that illustrates my point pretty accurately.

realestate

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Wow, lots of haters out here... But seriously? you just used my situation in an analogy with a recording device? That makes no sense at all. How's this for a better analagy...

If I want to sell my car, I would not just put a sign on it and forget about it. I would put a sign on it, and post it for sale on classified ad sites, newspaper, ebay motors, etc. If im selling it for $5k, and someone says ill take it for $5k. By no means do I have to sell it to him, i reserve the right to change my mind, or sell it to someone else. SAME SITUATION...

Also, the recording device analagy? That's breaking the law, I never broke any laws. You need to think before you chose to make ridiculous comments.

Johnn

Administrator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This is a private community and all members have to abide by the rules - There is no exception.

This will be the last warning if you do not complete the transaction.

Maxwell

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Wow, lots of haters out here... But seriously? you just used my situation in an analogy with a recording device? That makes no sense at all. How's this for a better analagy...

If I want to sell my car, I would not just put a sign on it and forget about it. I would put a sign on it, and post it for sale on classified ad sites, newspaper, ebay motors, etc. If im selling it for $5k, and someone says ill take it for $5k. By no means do I have to sell it to him, i reserve the right to change my mind, or sell it to someone else. SAME SITUATION...

Also, the recording device analagy? That's breaking the law, I never broke any laws. You need to think before you chose to make ridiculous comments.

It wasn't the best analogy I could come up with (I did mention that, by the way...)

If you were to list your vehicle on eBay motors, and somebody offered you 5k, you WOULD need to take the offer, as under the eBay user agreement, you agree to complete the transaction (and before you submit your listing, it specifies that you are entering into a legally binding contract), the same way that by joining and using this forum, you agreed to abide by the terms and conditions as set forth in the user agreement, as well as in the forum rules.

Re: the analogy, weak as it may have been, recording a concert isn't necessarily illegal. By entering into a contract in which you agree to NOT use a recording device (all wiretap related laws aside) you must not use one.

By joining DNforum, you entered into a contract which included completing the sale in the event of an auction, not just with the winning bidder, but with DNforum to complete the sale, to maintain the positive domaining atmosphere. In cases such as this where such an atmosphere is compromised, appropriate action is taken by moderators.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score

Maybe you need a reality check, Dallas Austin Ellis. If the bank puts a foreclosed home on auction without a reserve and with a starting price, any offer at the strike of 3 will get the house. No ifs or buts. Did you **** up? Of course you did, even though I don't consider an obvious trademark violation domain that contains the term "realtor" to be worthy of even $30. The question is, do you want to stay on DNForum or begone? People are here for the trading and establishing long term relationships, not to argue over who would sell what if they didn't think about the terms of the sale.

Once again in case you missed the memo: when you put an item on eBay without a reserve and someone matches or exceeds your starting price, you are obligated to sell once the auction ends. That's exactly what happened here. You started an auction at $1 with no reserve and an ending time of 72 hours. Dmyre won it at $31. Plain and simple. If you don't understand these simple rules, I'd hate to see what kind of contracts you enter into with people buying and selling homes!

Sterling

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
ban him

ban him

ban him

Can I get a "hater" to post this dudes ip and info (domains. whois, etc.)? I would liie to make an example of him.

:)

realestate

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
yall are flat out ridiculous... To say I treat my real estate clients is how I deal with yall is ridiculous... I'm not a huge domainer, i do it for fun on the side, it entertains me. Judging by this community, I have no desire to build long term relationships with yall. I will not complete the transaction, no more threats, no more put downs of my character. This is absurd... Refund my $60 and im gone...

The fact that yall are comparing a 100% fully legal $200k house transaction to a $31 trademarked domain name is ridiculous... get a life...

---------- Post added at 12:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:18 AM ----------

PS, as much as you want to think clicking a box that says accept terms and conditions is a contract... It is not a contract...

I think i learned that when i was 12 or something...

I flat out will not be peer pressured into selling something that cheap...

Maxwell

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
PS, as much as you want to think clicking a box that says accept terms and conditions is a contract... It is not a contract...

Clicking the box that says "I accept the terms and conditions" is not a contract?

I suppose that also means that when you sign up for a free email account and agree to the terms and conditions, including not to spam using that account, that no agreement whatsoever is made pertinent to spamming, so you may spam at your own free will?

Sure, people do it. That's why their accounts get BANNED.

You can make all the arguments you want that it violates the first amendment, that it's "just not fair", etc. - but you agreed, and therefore, must honor what you agreed to.

Cartoonz

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
1. You list a property with a fixed price, you get to set the terms.
2. You list a property with a "NO RESERVE" auction, starting bid $1 and you no longer have any guaranty or control what the SELLING PRICE will be at the end.

even a complete moron can tell the difference between those two scenarios.
But you... you chose #2.

As for your $60... either the box you checked created a contract that you have to abide by, or it did not. If it did (and it does, btw), then you've violated the terms and have already agreed to the penalties for such egregious violations i.e., you get banned.
If there is no contact, as you have tried to foolishly claim, then there cannot be any vehicle for you to use to "get your money back" anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom