Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

closed Do you own garbage or Premium Domains?

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I had 2 domains certified as Premium

LisaMarie.net
OilStorm.com

However I received no certification as to expected price or the link itself to state that they are listed as premium.

Domain summit 2024

DomainingCom

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hello Namestrands,

I have read you so many times your posts in the DNForum that I have the feeling I know you a little when in fact it's not the case.

Regarding your domain certification results:
I am pretty sure a very huge percentage of people submitting domains for certification NEVER receive a mail.
There is so many email filters today that it is now a true problem for a legitimate services to contact their members.
I think we need to rethink the way we deliver results...

For info, we do not appraise domain names, we simply certify if they are Premium or no, based in our Premium Domain definition.

Both domains have been certified as Premium.
Now all can verify these domains are Premium at PremiumDomain.com, just entering the domain name into the top "Check box".

If you want to get the seal for these domains you have a menu at bottom that say "Get your seal", click and enter your domain.
You will get access to a page like:
http://www.premiumdomain.com/seal/?domain=lisamarie.net

If you need anything else drop me a note.

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
ah my rhetoric has found fame at last. :) I do hope you enjoy my posts, people tend to either love them or hate them, but I do try to be as open and honest as possible.

Many thanks for that link I will be sure and check it out.

With Regards to the Mail issues, I find that 99% of my emails get to their destination when you utilise SPF records on your DNS server.

DomainingCom

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yes you have a fan, your posts use to be of great interest for the community.

Your SPF suggestion is very interesting, it's the first time I hear about.
And the problem is critical:
For some of our services I will say that more than half of our members never receive our mails.
And curiously it's often the case with our older services.
I am going to dig this question very seriously and once I have better understood all this I will ask to EasyDNS if it's a feature they handle and if they can assist to implement it.

Thanks again Namestrands for this very appreciated suggestion.

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You will be pleased to know that EasyDNS do support SPF

http://support.easydns.com/spf.php I hope that helps.

You should also test your SMTP mail server to see if it is blacklisted http://www.robtex.com/rbls.html

Sometimes ISPs get their mailservers blacklisted due to a rogue user, unfortunately this then affects all other users.

yukon45

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
This thread is a couple of months old...are you still looking for domains?

mgstudent

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I had a domain listed as premium through this service. TrickDaddy.us .. probably because the term has an OVT of almost 300,000. I don't think anyone would be willing to pay a premium price for it though, but if I'm wrong, someone please PM me with an offer :)

I think that cybertonic should stand by his appraisal and buy trickdaddy.us for 2k, afterall it's premium ;)

No offense meant.

As most people seem to be saying it's difficult to say what's premium sometimes and there is an extra element that can sometimes rule out (or include) domains under a premium title.

DomainingCom

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
LOL,

No we don't buy names, we keep our money to advertise our services and try help people that list their premium names get more sale exposure.

The domain is Premium but in the low level.
The range of premium names is very large (certainly not enough for those that complaint because their site was rejected).

Thanks little mouse, your post was funny!

smashfactory

Queen of Domainland
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
a site is premium because a buyer says so, not a seller- and what that buyer is willing to pay- there have been domains sold and posted in dn jouranl that have sold fo a great deal of money- and put them into domainscore, your "scoring system" and they were nowhere near your 300 mark- and then you have some names on the site that are just not premium, regardelsss of how they score-
if a buyer wants, and is willing to pay 10 grand for dogpoopiestains.com- because THAT is the site he needs, that site just became premium.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
My 3000+/- are all garbage. That's why i am hanging on to them...not even the trash collector wants them.

hk999

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
My 3000+/- are all garbage. That's why i am hanging on to them...not even the trash collector wants them.
you have 3,000 domain names!? how can you manage that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators