Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

closed Do you own garbage or Premium Domains?

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PeterMan

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I submitted one but have heard nothing back, how long does it take to get a response?

DomainingCom

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Elivate,

Despite the huge amount of domains checked daily I think we are still giving results within 24 hours. Check out if our email has not been filtered.

Otherwise yYou can always check the status of your certification by writting your domain in the top CHECK box that appaera in all pages of PremiumDomain.com

PeterMan

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
ahhh... I see ... <mydomain>.com is NOT a premuim domain...

Can you fill us in on how you score them? For example, would a 21 character 3 word domain be worth $5000 would you say?

DomainingCom

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Elivate,

We do not offer appraisal services.
But yes a 21 characters can worth +5K as it can worth less than 1K.
This depends of the domain.

klstrphnky

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Well, mine is "garbage" (actually, I did know that :greenwink:) Merci anyway!

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If you need to ask if your domains are premium...than they certainly aren't premium.

Dale Hubbard

Formerly 'aZooZa'
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I don't understand the premise of this site at all. As someone else asked -- what criteria are you using to judge domains? What is your provenance? How does one place any value on a 'seal' without having some idea as to the conditions required for obtaining it?

Please know that I'm not trying to belittle what you're doing, but there are many ways to appraise a domain. What's your definition of 'premium' and what methods are you using to decide it?

Dale Hubbard

Formerly 'aZooZa'
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Having commented as I did above, I must say I'm impressed with your tenacity, and what you're doing at http://www.homepopular.org -- the graphics are excellent, and the idea of nich search engines has always had good potential IMHO.

You're obviously spending money on what you believe in, and that earns full marks with me!

namenut

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Well I've submitted 50/60 names and 3 have been certified Premium. Pretty cool service. Are you going have an affiliate program?

namenut

DomainingCom

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
GT Web,

Very good. I have laugh a lot with your response that may look likes logic.

But I am afraid its' a bit more complicate then this.

First, people that submit names for certification are not all domainers, in fact it's a minority, so their knowledge regarding domain valuation is very low to not say null.
Now domainers may submit names for several reasons:
- It's easy to post hundred domains and simply wait to know which are premium and which no. This saves hours of research.
- It always have more value that your domain be certified as premium by a trust third party then by yourself and more when you want to sell it. The buyer should feel more comfortable.
- It's the condition to can list their domains for sale at PremiumDomains.com

DomainingCom

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
aZooza,

The definition is here:
http://www.premiumdomain.com/whatisit/
This should give you a good idea regarding the used criterias for certification.

Now, be a little more specific with your questions and I will respond.

By the way thanks for the congrats regarding the HomePopular graphics.

DomainingCom

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Namenut,

We are already buying advertising in webmaster sites having serious traffic.
If you have one you are welcome to drop me a mail.
For the other sites, yes certainly we will make something within the next months.

Dale Hubbard

Formerly 'aZooZa'
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
aZooza,

The definition is here:
http://www.premiumdomain.com/whatisit/
This should give you a good idea regarding the used criterias for certification.

Now, be a little more specific with your questions and I will respond.

By the way thanks for the congrats regarding the HomePopular graphics.

You're welcome.

I have a few problems with your criteria. I'm not going to start bashing what you're doing, as I think you're probably heading towards the right track, but stuff like -- "It's an english domain having a huge guaranteed sale value, now and in the future." -- needs perhaps an overhaul.

You could get around much of this by saying something like:

"For the purposes of evaluation, we use the following criteria which we believe to be the most relevant:" ...

That indicates to the customer that your valuations are subjective (which they have to be) and that you're not trying to make statements of fact.

Remember, 'one man's meat is another's poison'.

Good luck to you!

scrsteven

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Just some constructive criticism.. the "about" page is full of glaring grammatical mistakes and unusual phrases that make it sound quite unprofessional... you may want to hire a US English native to spruce it up.

DomainingCom

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
SrcSteven,

What you comment is very funny, and you know why?
Because that's the only page of this site I paid a native American to revise and correct it. Best, he was a DNForum member that I met in the chatroom one month ago.

It's terrible, I know my frenchy english is really uggly so I have often paid english people to revise some pages where there is a lot of text.
Trust me, after often I continue receiving some critics, I have the feeling that people in NY have a very different english then people in CA and then people in UK, ...

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I received the results from you for the 100 domains and greatly appreciate the service.....However I completely disagree with your results and the formula your using to evalute domains.

domain newbie

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
i don't understand why is AmericanArts.com is premium but AmericanPopStar.com is crap

this free service is conspiracy! they want to appraise our domains as a crap, to offer a cheap price for them after :censored:

DomainingCom

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hello Angel,

We do not do anything else then STRICTLY follow the premium domain definition when we certify names (look again the definition).
This way we are fair because we do not use personal considerations.

This is the reason why AmericanArts is premium and AmericanPopStar no.
And again Angel, names that are not premium are not necessarily crap.

There is a lot of very nice and valuable domains that are not premium.
And I will add there is a huge valuation difference between the worst and the best premium names.

Hello aZooza,

Things are going well.
Concerning the premium domain certification we started last week the certification of the 450,000 domains of Fabulous.
So this should keep us busy for a good period.
Thanks for your note.

Hello Noelius,

The world is suposed to have been created in 7 days if my memory does not fail. We are not God, so we need to go step by step and it takes more time.

Now it's a good suggestion and if all is going well then I think for January or February we should be able to propose an online real time certification.
And I share with you it should not only be of interest for you, but also for us as emails these last years use to be blocked by spam blockers, not reach the recipients, ... It's often a nightmare.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators