Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

moniker Does Moniker Answer Emails Anymore?

This is a discussion about the domain name register/company Moniker.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Seraphim

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Can someone from Moniker please help me with a support question? I'm getting tired of having to come to this forum, to conjure up some customer assistance from you guys. If you guys are done being a domain registrar, let me know so I can start transfering my domains over to GoDaddy, where I know they at least answer emails.

I've been waiting 3 weeks.

Domain Summit 2024

DomainingCom

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I Pm Monte more than 1 month ago and still not got any answer.
So like me, patience Seraphim!

In a positive note Monte promised many times this year to improve his email support to the same level it was in the past years.
So I guess it should happen as Monte his someone serious.
But when?
I don't know, just continue to be patient.

Seraphim

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'm frustrated, because until I get some support for my domain, I can't monetize it [the question is settings related]. If I go it alone on this, I'll screw up my mail server settings.

DomainingCom

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I do not know what to say Seraphim. I understand your frustration.

In the past Monte said if we had serious/urgent concerns and their support was unable to respond quickly then to Pm him.

But as I written above, there is around 5 /6 weeks he did not respond to my Pm. So I do not know if I am the exception and you will be more fortunate.

TRAFFIC finished and Monte he certainly back now, so with chance you will get a response today or tomorrow.

Otherwise what I can suggest you is if you speak english and are based in USA then maybe call them.
I read somewhere they have a descent hotline.

Hope this helps.

petrosc

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
they do not respond to mail, this is a totally unprofessional behavior from a registrar that is considered to be the best of the best. It's not that they cannot afford to hire more staff... they have enough money to hire an army if they wanted.

I have to give credit where it's due though, everything gets resolved easily and quickly when you call them. However, calling them from europe sucks

missedcall

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
is it so hard to setup a ticketing system ? Just installed one - took JUST an hour

tristanperry

Domainer & Web/Software Dev
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Nope, they don't.

Why do people think they're good? When I got into domaining (early 2007), people said they were the best registrar out there. However from the little I've seen of them, they don't seem to care?

silhouette

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
agree...
no answers no reply whatsoever after more than 12 days and counting

They can just pull down these words from their homepage
Email: support @ moniker . c0m

:disappointed::disappointed:

Gramma

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
send the email again - cc it to [email protected] - put something like
"support request unanswered for xx days" in the subject line.
Monte will get it - he will address it or make sure it gets addressed. He REALLY doesn't like that customers do not get serviced.
I didn't know he actually got it personally when I did it - but I found out. I just thought someone else at moniker would address my concerns.

If you want immediate resolution - a phone call is your best bet.

Seraphim

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'm in Europe for the summer, and do not want to call them long distance. Also, they are an internet based company, I shouldn't have to call them.

I've spent a couple thousand dollars with them in the last few months, because I enjoy their cheap reg fees. But, any time I need support, it's the same old sh%t, where I have to contact the owner or some high up the ladder administrator to get a simple question answered.

INVIGOR

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm in the same boat! Absolutely no reply to my emails. Called and followed their instructions, including sending yet ANOTHER email, but issue is still not resolved. I'm a little upset with them over this cos the issue is regarding changing my email address! So to answer the question NO! They are really lacking in this department of late.

VirtualT

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm in Europe for the summer, and do not want to call them long distance. Also, they are an internet based company, I shouldn't have to call them.

I've spent a couple thousand dollars with them in the last few months, because I enjoy their cheap reg fees. But, any time I need support, it's the same old sh%t, where I have to contact the owner or some high up the ladder administrator to get a simple question answered. Enough with bullsh%t excuses.

:-:)-:)-:)-:)-:)-:)-:)-:)-:)-(

Seraphim

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
This is by no means a new problem for me. Their customer support was always extremely slow. But for the last 6 months, they just do no reply at all. I start to get the impression Monte is the only person who works there.

Mr. Pim

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Support email sent 2 hours ago.
Reply 50 minutes ago :cool:

Seraphim

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Support email sent 2 hours ago.
Reply 50 minutes ago :cool:

You must have an impressive portfolio. :D

Apparently my 475 domains suck too bad to merit a simple email response.

DomainingCom

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The lack of staff at Moniker is really the key!

I have the feeling this problem happen since Moniker was purchased.
I am wondering if the new owner is not using Moniker money to finance his new projects and this is why Moniker is suffering.
What is your opinion?

I would like to be a little mouse to see why after +6 months Monte promising to rule the support problem nothing has been done.

I think we should keep in mind that in one hand Moniker is offering very low reg fee and in another hand we are asking fast/efficient support.
Maybe domain registrations cannot finance it?

The last time I complaint about Moniker support I said I was not against paying a fee to have a preferential support. Maybe this is the solution.

Seraphim

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The lack of staff at Moniker is really the key!

I have the feeling this problem happen since Moniker was purchased.
I am wondering if the new owner is not using Moniker money to finance his new projects and this is why Moniker is suffering.
What is your opinion?

I would like to be a little mouse to see why after +6 months Monte promising to rule the support problem nothing has been done.

I think we should keep in mind that in one hand Moniker is offering very low reg fee and in another hand we are asking fast/efficient support.
Maybe domain registrations cannot finance it?

The last time I complaint about Moniker support I said I was not against paying a fee to have a preferential support. Maybe this is the solution.

Yeah, when your one customer service guy spends most of his day playing hacky sack out in the parking lot, this kind of thing happens.

Seraphim

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Well well... just got a response to my email. I guess you have to come over to the DNForum and beat the gong for half an hour. Hopefully I didn't get their one customer service guy fired.

Yofie

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I spoke with my rep a couple weeks ago and this is what he said.

We are really focused on the TRAFFIC auctions and DO NOT HAVE TIME for anything else!!!!!

The way I took it, If you are not having an issue with something related to TRAFFIC, we don't care, because we (moniker) really do not make any money on domains, so why spend money on support for domains, when we make all of our money on the TRAFFIC auctions.

I have been waiting for 5 MONTHS to get my affiliate payment and I still didn't get paid!!! Another quote from my rep..... "We do not really know what we are doing with the affiliate program" Meaning, they do not know how to run the system. lol Now that gives you the warm fuzzy's inside. :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom