Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

domainagents.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
And no, I don't give my PayPal info to people I'm not doing business with. If you are, you're asking for trouble.

You know you still need a password to log into PayPal right? The only thing someone can do with your PayPal email without a password is send you money. OH NOES!!! You do realize your PayPal email address is embedded in buttons and forms FROM PAYPAL, so clearly it isn't something worth hiding. Go check your portfolio site, your PayPal email address is all over the place: dporter at webinceptions with a dot com (obfuscated for the spiders). Big freaking deal.

You're only showing that you're paranoid and a bit nutty.

Domain summit 2024

JuniperPark

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You're only showing that you're paranoid and a bit nutty.

I'm not going to explain to you how my PayPal accounts are set up, but if you don't think having a PayPal account ID (or bank acct number) helps hackers, you don't have a clue about online security. Again, feel free to give out your banking info to anyone who spams you, I don't care.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Instead of replying with a question (a common tactic of people trying to draw attention away from their own foolishness) how about addressing whether or not you even know who you are trashing here?

Domainagents sounds completely legit to me based on this thread and Smith's calmly worded and thoughtful posts but personally have never heard of them before. Maybe someone who knows them or the member Smith could simply post the names of the owners, which names we may recognize or research? The controversy may be caused by this being a much different and new business plan juniper is suspicious of compared to other more familiar brokers. BTW, I find the business plan as revealed in this thread to be real refreshing and makes as lot of good sense to me for several reasons.

Spex

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Oh, OK -- so you pay via PayPal (a BANK!) without obtaining the account ID. It's done through magic, apparently.

:?:...maybe I'm not understanding your statement, but I've sent and received payments via PayPal and it was all done using an email address. Sure, my PayPal account has my banking info so I can fund my paypal account, but that is never revealed during a transaction with another person.

What are you getting at?

Edit: When I made this post, the indicator at the bottom of the thread did not show multiple pages. Seems that the above question has been discussed in later posts. Feel free to ignore

Last edited:

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
They're trying to get you paid simply for responding to a purchase inquiry, you should be kissing their feet

i ain't kissing Mr Smith's feet for no $10

have you seen his toes

:)

Last edited:

strongvis

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Domainagents sounds completely legit to me based on this thread and Smith's calmly worded and thoughtful posts but personally have never heard of them before. Maybe someone who knows them or the member Smith could simply post the names of the owners, which names we may recognize or research? The controversy may be caused by this being a much different and new business plan juniper is suspicious of compared to other more familiar brokers. BTW, I find the business plan as revealed in this thread to be real refreshing and makes as lot of good sense to me for several reasons.

Thanks David G.

The company was privately funded and is still in beta. Phil McKegney (aka Smith) and team have been working on systems rather than about us pages, please forgive us and thanks for the advice there from all parties. It hasn't been a problem for any of the deals we've helped conduct but the feedback is appreciated and I know Phil is taking it under advisement.

I co-founded and invested in the company along with one other person. I'm not sure if he prefers to be private or not but by all means jump to the conclusion that he is ashamed. I haven't jumped in yet because quite frankly I haven't felt that it mattered who was involved and that the accusations were so far fetched and baseless that surely mods would see fit to remove these wild assertions. The service speaks for itself and I can't believe that DNF or any of it's members would accept wild speculation and assertions cast on someone without any form of proof to be acceptable behavior.

Imagine if you will that I received an email from someone claiming to be named Dale or an email address from juniperpark123@gmail.com and then came to this forum talking about how Dale Porter was trying to steal my identity , scam me out of a domain, etc. Yet I produced no evidence linking the emails or events to the Dale Porter here. The kind of leap it takes to make that claim is the same leap Dale has done here. He has his paypal address on his website yet us asking for it to pay him $10 is equivalent to identity theft.

Dale Porter (aka Juniper Park) has jumped to so many conclusions in such little time that I'm baffled. He has taken accusations and conjecture to a new level here and has done damage to a business I'm invested in and therefore to me. He doesn't just ask or raise questions. He makes accusations.

I hope the cooler heads and smarter people that read this thread will realize our service is no different than Godaddy, Sedo, Afternic, NSI buyer services who make "unsolicited offers" (aren't these the best kind :) ) on your domains via an email without the offer in the email. The other providers charge their customers $60 and up and don't give you, the domain owner, a red cent. We've reduced the price of our services as low as we can and sometimes even take a loss (we have coupon codes etc) and give you the domain owner $10 just for coming in and responding to an offer. We can't steal your identity or your domain or your bank info, etc. There is literally no way to do this and to suggest otherwise is ridiculous.

We've been involved in the domain business for over a decade each and we built this service based on our own experiences to improve the aftermarket and serve those who wish to conduct negotiations privately. Our reputation means a lot to us and it's been hard for me as an investor and co-founder to read this thread and watch someone tear down Phil and then make the same assumptions about me and our other investor. I take all of it as a personal attack and am ashamed by only one thing, that this sort of thing still happens in forums.

Adam Strong

Last edited:

SeafoodMonger

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have used and helped to test DomainAgents.com and know some of the people behind it. They are legit and are not scammers in any way.

All I got to say about that...

JuniperPark

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Dear Adam "Ang" Strong:

First of all, I'm not the OP of this thread and I'm not the only one complaining about your "service", why don't you and your other circle-jerking pals learn to READ THE THREAD before posting your nonsense.

Second, you are too chickenshit to post your own name on your own website, but see fit to post my name because I was brave enough to call out your "fake offer" scam? You're "too busy" to type your name into the "About Us" page? Really... could there possibly be a lamer excuse than that??

Third, your pals don't deny they were sending out the "offer" emails, now you're pretending it didn't happen, and want "proof"? What a crock. At least get your story straight with your "anonymous" partner.

Nobody has done more damage to your business than yourself, except perhaps the circlejerk of people who claim to "vouch" for you yet can't say they've ever done business with you. Why don't you and "Phil" or "Smith" or whatever you call each other get together and figure out how to create a LEGITIMATE business, perhaps one that you won't be so ashamed of that you have to go into hiding and beg people that you've never done business with pretend they've worked with you.

Thanks David G.

The company was privately funded and is still in beta. Phil McKegney (aka Smith) and team have been working on systems rather than about us pages, please forgive us and thanks for the advice there from all parties. It hasn't been a problem for any of the deals we've helped conduct but the feedback is appreciated and I know Phil is taking it under advisement.

I co-founded and invested in the company along with one other person. I'm not sure if he prefers to be private or not but by all means jump to the conclusion that he is ashamed. I haven't jumped in yet because quite frankly I haven't felt that it mattered who was involved and that the accusations were so far fetched and baseless that surely mods would see fit to remove these wild assertions. The service speaks for itself and I can't believe that DNF or any of it's members would accept wild speculation and assertions cast on someone without any form of proof to be acceptable behavior.

Imagine if you will that I received an email from someone claiming to be named Dale or an email address from juniperpark123@gmail.com and then came to this forum talking about how Dale Porter was trying to steal my identity , scam me out of a domain, etc. Yet I produced no evidence linking the emails or events to the Dale Porter here. The kind of leap it takes to make that claim is the same leap Dale has done here. He has his paypal address on his website yet us asking for it to pay him $10 is equivalent to identity theft.

Dale Porter (aka Juniper Park) has jumped to so many conclusions in such little time that I'm baffled. He has taken accusations and conjecture to a new level here and has done damage to a business I'm invested in and therefore to me. He doesn't just ask or raise questions. He makes accusations.

I hope the cooler heads and smarter people that read this thread will realize our service is no different than Godaddy, Sedo, Afternic, NSI buyer services who make "unsolicited offers" (aren't these the best kind :) ) on your domains via an email without the offer in the email. The other providers charge their customers $60 and up and don't give you, the domain owner, a red cent. We've reduced the price of our services as low as we can and sometimes even take a loss (we have coupon codes etc) and give you the domain owner $10 just for coming in and responding to an offer. We can't steal your identity or your domain or your bank info, etc. There is literally no way to do this and to suggest otherwise is ridiculous.

We've been involved in the domain business for over a decade each and we built this service based on our own experiences to improve the aftermarket and serve those who wish to conduct negotiations privately. Our reputation means a lot to us and it's been hard for me as an investor and co-founder to read this thread and watch someone tear down Phil and then make the same assumptions about me and our other investor. I take all of it as a personal attack and am ashamed by only one thing, that this sort of thing still happens in forums.

Adam Strong

strongvis

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Dear Adam "Ang" Strong:
First of all, I'm not the OP of this thread and I'm not the only one complaining about your "service", why don't you and your other circle-jerking pals learn to READ THE THREAD before posting your nonsense.

I have read the thread Dale. The OP was at least willing to ask question. The problem with this thread is that you've jumped from the OP asking questions and getting answers to making accusations. Very big accusations lightly thrown around.

Second, you are too chickenshit to post your own name on your own website, but see fit to post my name because I was brave enough to call out your "fake offer" scam? You're "too busy" to type your name into the "About Us" page? Really... could there possibly be a lamer excuse than that??

My name on the site ? Where is your name on your site TheNameStore.com ? DomainAgents is not MY site. It is owned by a company, registered in Canada. I don't run operations or have much daily involvement, other than some input on implementation and beta-testing. I'm not even a majority owner, as if that was any of your business or is even relevant to the accusations you've cast on this business.

Let's not cloud things even more, what we do or don't put on the site doesn't have any relationship to calling us frauds and calling our offers and services fake and claiming we are trying to steal your identity. What's brave about making false accusations ? I posted your name, my name and Phil's name just to set the record straight.

Third, your pals don't deny they were sending out the "offer" emails, now you're pretending it didn't happen, and want "proof"? What a crock. At least get your story straight with your "anonymous" partner.

Phil has provided me with the emails and I know what emails were sent to you from DA but you are claiming another email from a direct offer was DomainAgents as well and that this was part of the "scam". I'm not sure how that is a scam still but a claim like that should be backed up.

Nobody has done more damage to your business than yourself, except perhaps the circlejerk of people who claim to "vouch" for you yet can't say they've ever done business with you. Why don't you and "Phil" or "Smith" or whatever you call each other get together and figure out how to create a LEGITIMATE business, perhaps one that you won't be so ashamed of that you have to go into hiding and beg people that you've never done business with pretend they've worked with you.

Are you saying our business isn't legitimate Dale ? Come out and say what are business is and what you think of me and Phil . Please. I'm very open to hearing about this. Adam Strong is what ? Phil McKegney is what ? Domain Agent is what ? Do tell

The people who vouched for the business can't say they've done business with DA because it's a brand new company. Someone came on here and said they did a deal with us and I noticed you completely ignored them. I don't even know who that person is since no one posts real names (which I'm about to change on my own profile).

I've requested nothing from any of these people to come here and say a single word about this company. I've even asked a couple of them to stop engaging you having seen there posts. Companies are run by many individuals and I'm sure a good number of the people who did come here to say something positive have done business with me or Phil, and thus the reason they vouched for us. I'd still like to know who supports the things you say here.

I'm not ashamed of anything that DA has created.

JuniperPark

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Ang,

I couldn't care less what your relationship is with your "partners". I (and others) have clearly spelled out in this thread what certainly appears to be some very shady business practices.

Obviously that made you and Smith/Phil/Donna or whatever pet names you call each other upset and chose to use DNF to harass the whistle-blowers (violating several DNF TOS items, by the way) with childish personal attacks. 2 pages of this thread and STILL "DomainAgents" can't come up with 1 person who has said they actually completed a legitimate transaction... just the childish harassment, and 3 DNF account holders with a grand total of 10 DNF transactions between them bragging to each other about how important they are.

Nobody asked or cared about your names until this "Donna" person decided to make some bizarre arrogant post about "who you are", while you were still hiding your names in shame. But then if you had actually READ this thread you would have not been so stupid as to blame me for Donna's post.

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This thread has gone off the rails, DNForum.com does not support defamatory statements or personal attacks.

Through my research, I have determined DomainAgents is not being run by a group of fly by night con-artists or phishers and is a legitimate business.

Thread Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators