Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

domainagents.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

JuniperPark

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Whats the probability that 2 different people sent you 2 different offers for the same domain name in a short span of time, one directly and one via a service provider.
I can show you multiple instances when I have received simultaneous offers directly and via sedo for the same name and I DID NOT assume they were the same people people. The logic for that being that one who sends me a offer by Sedo or any other service would NOT like to come in the forefront and reveal his identity, in that case why would he send you me a direct offer, seems contradictory.

In this situation instead of DomainAgents it could have been Sedo, would you blame them too as scammers. These guys are doing a novel thing and I think you should atleast give them benefit of doubt and try out once and then if you have any grievances against them, certainly air them here at the forums.

Since you are an old member here, you would be definitely aware that random posts like this create a wrong impression against DomainAgents in the minds of potential users and reputation is all we have and care for, to succeed in this competitive industry.

For the records, I have not used the services of DomainAgents but I do know the people behind the service and they are well respected in the industry for their professional integrity and honesty.

Cheers :)

I've been in this business 15 years and have listed with Sedo for about a decade and in that time, I have NEVER had a buyer contact me directly, THEN an offer through Sedo (even though I list there), THEN refuse to communicate directly with me.

Now calculate the odds of that happening in TWICE in 1 week, with 2 different domains, with a company that never contacted me before or since, yet they want to "represent" me.

Now calculate the odds given the fact that I do NOT list my domains with this unheard of company (domainagents), but do list with BuyDomains and Sedo and there two "anonymous" buyers did not contact either of the major brokers, only the unheard of one that does not have my name or domains on file.

Patty Similian had a better (and less obvious) technique than these guys... and also had several DNF members that "vouched" for her, in a manner very similar to this thread.

vikrantjain22

Vik
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I've been in this business 15 years and have listed with Sedo for about a decade and in that time, I have NEVER had a buyer contact me directly, THEN an offer through Sedo (even though I list there), THEN refuse to communicate directly with me.

Now calculate the odds of that happening in TWICE in 1 week, with 2 different domains, with a company that never contacted me before or since, yet they want to "represent" me.

Now calculate the odds given the fact that I do NOT list my domains with this unheard of company (domainagents), but do list with BuyDomains and Sedo and there two "anonymous" buyers did not contact either of the major brokers, only the unheard of one that does not have my name or domains on file.

Patty Similian had a better (and less obvious) technique than these guys... and also had several DNF members that "vouched" for her, in a manner very similar to this thread.

You are free to assume whatever you want. I normally dont chime in flaming threads like this but made an exception for this one since the people behind this service are real nice genuine people and well respected figures in the domain industry and if you do your research you too shall find out the same

What I do comprehend is that just because the sender of the direct offer did not respond to your direct response you are holding DomainAgents responsible for that which is not the right thing in this case

TLDN

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You are in the industry for 15 years and don't know of the stellar reputation and achievements of all the people behind DomainAgents, and now you are equating them with Patty the convict nutcase?

JuniperPark

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
What I do comprehend is that just because the sender of the direct offer did not respond to your direct response you are holding DomainAgents responsible for that which is not the right thing in this case

You might want to read the thread before you respond next time.

JuniperPark

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You are in the industry for 15 years and don't know of the stellar reputation and achievements of all the people behind DomainAgents, and now you are equating them with Patty the convict nutcase?

No, Patty the convict nutcase had a MORE legit business plan than these people, not equal.

And yes, they've failed to make any achievements known to those of us who have been in the business a long time. And just like Patty, they seem to have people "vouch" for them but none have mentioned actually doing business with them.

TLDN

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
no, patty the convict nutcase had a more legit business plan than these people, not equal.

And yes, they've failed to make any achievements known to those of us who have been in the business a long time. And just like patty, they seem to have people "vouch" for them but none have mentioned actually doing business with them.
dig

hole

deeper.

DomainsInc

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
if they didn't want people to be skeptical, they wouldn't force you to register just to see the offer. show the offer and if the person likes it, then they can register.

Onward

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
if they didn't want people to be skeptical, they wouldn't force you to register just to see the offer. show the offer and if the person likes it, then they can register.
I have been thinking about this, and it is basically - register and respond and get $10. I am trying to think of the scenario that I would not want to do this - my understanding is that only name and email is needed. This is exactly like Networksolutions buy service except you get transparency and $10 for participating.

I must say though - seeing the offer first could be a great way to get the person to sign up...so that may be a good idea for them, but I am thinking even if it is a $5 offer, I will sign in and respond and receive the $10. I doubt someone would pay $19.99 and then send a $5 offer through - by virtue of receiving a message from domainagents most likely means you have at least a semi-serious buyer.

What I like about this is the potential for transparency for the domain owner. Just about every other market place/method favors buyer.

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Ok, I think everyone has made their points clear, no sense to keep on pounding.

To avoid this kind of issue it would be best to state what the offer is in the intro email.
I myself would not want to go to the trouble of signing up to find and offer of $300 awaiting me for planets.com, which incidentally happens daily and I just ignore them.
If the offer is close to the ball park I am looking for, I would sign up.

The way it is now, it LOOKS like its just a way to build a mailing list, include the offer in the email if it is unsolicited emails, which these are.

Adam

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
To avoid this kind of issue it would be best to state what the offer is in the intro email.
I myself would not want to go to the trouble of signing up to find and offer of $300 awaiting me for planets.com, which incidentally happens daily and I just ignore them.
If the offer is close to the ball park I am looking for, I would sign up.

The way it is now, it LOOKS like its just a way to build a mailing list, include the offer in the email if it is unsolicited emails, which these are.

Adam

maybe that side of the coin wasn't seen from that aspect.

as this could be opportunity for DA to get full circle view, of how their interaction concept is being/could be perceived and what they could do to alter that perception if compelled.

as you stated, you wouldn't want to get an opening offer of $$$ for such caliber of domain.

so .....

if the offers were "evaluated" by DA, prior to being sent,

to ensure it is respectable enough to get a reply.

then that surely would be a "giz-zame - chiz-zainja"

:)

Onward

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
At first glance - platform does not make sense for the lowballer as they are spending cash up front...but I have been lowballed with Netsol's service before...it just means I don't respond and the buyer is out the $. It does make all the sense to me to have the offer in the email.

Also - It looks like you have to independently sign up for their newsletter...so not sure if there is a mailing list issue.

gooster

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Guys, I received an offer through DomainAgents.

I countered, then turned it down, but then received $10 via PayPal.

Worth at least responding to the offer. Scam or not, I am $10 better off.

Smith

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
We're continually optimizing the site. Our job is to get people negotiating, helping buyers buy names, and sellers sell them. We've tested sending the offer amounts in the emails, we've tried ranges as well. The reason that we don't include prices at the moment is pretty simple. Showing offers in the email doesn't work. Now, this isn't to say that we won't revisit it in the future. There are already plans to do further tests on email optimization. But right this moment, it's not the focus of the optimization process.

If people don't want to register that's ok. In the initial email we tell them that they are welcome to proceed via email. When email negotiations are requested the offer is sent. We have also started calling domain owners when they have received an offer but do not respond.

One thing we have learned is that opening offers can be deceptive. For example we've seen negotiations with opening offers of $500 close at nearly $20,000. Ultimately like anywhere else, it comes down to how much the buyer wants the name and how motivated the seller is.

Interestingly, a fair percentage of the offers that come in I would consider to be pretty reasonable opening offers. Of course there are some that are low and some that are high, that's just how it goes regardless of offer source. On the flip side many of the counter offers by owners are realistic as well, but owners have their share of unrealistically high asks and the occasional low ask too. Sometimes it's likely a negotiation gambit, other times it's likely lack of market knowledge.

The newsletter is opt in and is sent every other week. It's been well received. Clicking a link in an email, or joining to review an offer does not result in an automated subscription. Unsubscribes are welcome and are managed via Mailchimp. If you don't want to receive the email, we don't want to send it to you.

If anyone here would like to try out DomainAgents and see what it is like to make or receive a test offer send me a pm. I would be more than happy to go through it with you.

strongvis

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
No, Patty the convict nutcase had a MORE legit business plan than these people, not equal.

And yes, they've failed to make any achievements known to those of us who have been in the business a long time. And just like Patty, they seem to have people "vouch" for them but none have mentioned actually doing business with them.

Who is vouching for you ?

JuniperPark

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Who is vouching for you ?

I'm not the one pretending to be a domain broker, so I don't need anyone to vouch for me.

However, if I did, I've got an iTrader rating of 123 at 100% positive, I've attended many domain business events, and met most of the players in this business, including the owner of DNF.

"Smith" has an iTrader rating of... 0.

ShaunP

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
OT .. there you go folks. If you want to know if a person is a real player or good to deal with in the domain business, you look at their "itrader" number. wow!

Last edited:

JuniperPark

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
OT .. there you go folks. If you want to know if a person is a real player in the domain business, you look at their "itrader" number. wow!

That wasn't the question I was answering.

Reading comprehension, people. Give it a try. WOW.

Donna Mahony

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Speak for yourself. >they've failed to make any achievements known to those of us who have been in the business a long time< just isn't true. I seriously doubt if you can even name who "they" are or you wouldn't make such a foolish statement.

Maybe I also have zero credibility here as I have an iTrader of 0. I have only attended 2 conferences (both times as a VIP guest of the people putting on the show, Domainfest) I have only "met" some of the big players in person. I have never met the owner of DNF but I dare say I have his respect.

Now that I have established myself as nobody in the industry by your standards, I would like to say that DomainAgents and the people behind it are the cream of the crop. Their reputation in the industry speaks for itself. It's no scam, it's good people trying to make a positive change in how the industry does business.

JuniperPark

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
How many domain names have they sold for you, and which ones are they?

Speak for yourself. >they've failed to make any achievements known to those of us who have been in the business a long time< just isn't true. I seriously doubt if you can even name who "they" are or you wouldn't make such a foolish statement.

Maybe I also have zero credibility here as I have an iTrader of 0. I have only attended 2 conferences (both times as a VIP guest of the people putting on the show, Domainfest) I have only "met" some of the big players in person. I have never met the owner of DNF but I dare say I have his respect.

Now that I have established myself as nobody in the industry by your standards, I would like to say that DomainAgents and the people behind it are the cream of the crop. Their reputation in the industry speaks for itself. It's no scam, it's good people trying to make a positive change in how the industry does business.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom