Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

DomainState closing shop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
First off, I don't understand what is your problem with my position, as experienced throughout the pre-DS and DS era. I am not here to post garbage. The things that I can talk about, I will. That's first hand experience and interaction on a forum that gave no shit about the people that were its main assets; those that kept coming back to discuss, to share, to provide knowledge and to engage in business. But I am not going to shut up just because you or someone else have a different opinion, based on their own vision of events. By all means have it. I am here to express mine; now it's the time to tell it like it is.

Domain Summit 2024

FormerDnForumer

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
First off, I don't understand what is your problem with my position, as experienced throughout the pre-DS and DS era. I am not here to post garbage. The things that I can talk about, I will. That's first hand experience and interaction on a forum that gave no shit about the people that were its main assets; those that kept coming back to discuss, to share, to provide knowledge and to engage in business.

You sound like a hurt child Theo. You got banned and the roof is falling in? Not really. The forum continued on successfully. Paul C., for example is a shining example of being the most patient guy for newbs in the business. So when you say they don't "give a shit", I don't think there's anyone who thinks you have any credibility in that area. It's entirely the opposite. But if it helps you sleep at night...

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
What is the core of the argument? That DomainState closes and it will be missed, or that it was never a true resource for domainers that want to engage in business? Having sold more than a thousand domains on every venue, do you believe I don't know what I am talking about when I compare DS to the other domains forums in existence?

You sound like a hurt child Theo. You got banned and the roof is falling in? Not really. The forum continued on successfully. Paul C., for example is a shining example of being the most patient guy for newbs in the business. So when you say they don't "give a shit", I don't think there's anyone who thinks you have any credibility in that area. It's entirely the opposite. But if it helps you sleep at night...

Oh, please. I am just the voice of truth - the same one that the three amigos could not bear to hear when it came down to challenging their authority over justice issues.

Numbers, Cameron. I'll be totally shocked if DS sells for more than $5k right now.

Last edited:

FormerDnForumer

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
What is the core of the argument? That DomainState closes and it will be missed, or that it was never a true resource for domainers that want to engage in business? Having sold more than a thousand domains on every venue, do you believe I don't know what I am talking about when I compare DS to the other domains forums in existence?

You see Theo, you have blinders on. What you see as a business forum is one that encourages *your* kind of business, which is not the kind of business that is by and large done on DS. It is not the place to post a domain in the sales section and hope you get lots of page views. It's not a place to flip domains. It's more like a think tank where you can take your business to another level. That's what you're missing.

Johnn

Administrator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Why do we have to be "I am right and you're wrong"?

It's an open discussion and everyone has their own opinion.

Happy New Year again just in case we forget.

Btw, I may send them an offer soon.

Thanks,
John

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
I miss nothing related to DS, Cameron. Your assumption of my sales methods is far from reality. Frankly, I don't have any issues with you, obviously. I'd love to see the argument set forth by the 3 amigos themselves, not through their proxies.

FormerDnForumer

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am just the voice of truth - the same one that the three amigos could not bear to hear when it came down to challenging their authority over justice issues.

Sorry, but when someone posts a grandiose messiah comment like that, I blanche a touch. "Justice"? Geez.

You have been successful, but you also have found yourself needless drama and personality issues which have nothing to do with truth and more to do with ego. Been there, done that myself ;)

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Thanks for the compliment. Success comes when one is challenging the self-proclaimed authority or goes against the flow, never when one bends their head down to kiss the toes of the dictators. Please relay that to Paul C. et al.

JuniperPark

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
IMO:

The site has a bad reputation for scams. That with the poor design for so long. Poor moderation.

But the up side is all the users. The potential for revenue.

With a good webmaster and good moderators it could become something.

But, like I said, this is my opinion, I would think it would be worth around 15k.

I COMPLETELY disagree.

That site has had the fewest scammers of any, and because they have fewer members and more experienced members the new accounts to pull something stupid are bounced immediately.

They also had the best moderation, usually 24 hours/day since the owners are England and Australia.

I never saw their system offline over the years, and they never purged PM boxes as others have done.

They have the fastest forum going, since its not loaded down with advertising and large images everywhere.

FormerDnForumer

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the compliment. Success comes when one is challenging the self-proclaimed authority or goes against the flow, never when one bends their head down to kiss the toes of the dictators. Please relay that to Paul C. et al.

I think if someone types "revised site rules" into DS's search, they will see that you weren't challenging authority, but had a long history of pushing buttons over what amounts to **** all, not anything worth fighting for.

That is the defintion of ego.

I admire your success in this business, Theo, you have done very well. You're clearly a smart guy who's adapted well. But that thread and much of the trash you talk about DS is not flattering to you or your rep, mostly because it reflects on you, not on the three amigos. The problem is you don't see it. If there was anything to your dissension, I'd be your best pal. But you pushed and pushed and pushed over nothing, and got turfed. Why are you trying to trash them so many years later? Why bother? You have proven to people that you can do well in the business? Isn't that enough?

mike031

WannaDevelop.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
acro vs. inno

hmm..... tough one

i got my money on acro, he is much more experienced at this debates :)

inno.. go develop some of your generics, stop wasting time ;)

get out before it's too late.... dont wanna cause a scene, do ya!

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Cameron, you read me the wrong way, unfortunately. When you sell a car, people are interested in knowing the car's history, accidents, repairs and not just the mileage. While my words are harsh, they are facts - not imaginary statements. I never met the 3 mods in person, I am sure they are superb guys in their own right. I am simply judging their role as owners/moderators of a forum and how much they obsessed with the way it was moderated. Frankly speaking, I am certain that their own admission of feeling worn out by these 7 years of running the show has to do with how strictly they policed DS. It's unfortunate that they chose this path and it makes sense for people like me to speak out when they chose to be in the public light.

britishbulldog

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Whatever happens this site will sell for a ridiculous offer because of all the people interested in it which inflates it's real value,i mean this site is never worth more than $7k to $10k in real terms and that's being generous but the more it's being hyped and ramped up everywhere the more traffic=higher the value.

denny007

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
if it wasnt already full of dnf/np users then it has real $$$$$$ value to say Adam, otherwise there is likely no up side to Adam buying it
Actually one upside is to avoid possible competition. Someone could buy it and somehow grow it to a big forum...

people that have been banned from DomainState...were morons
Banned 3-times there last time not so long ago, so I guess I was and am a moron.

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The high end boards are Rick's, maybe Donna's, and DomainState.

:?:

Cam I think someone slipped you kool aid :lol:

Actually one upside is to avoid possible competition. Someone could buy it and somehow grow it to a big forum...

Denny, well it could be done it is highly unlikely.

Banned 3-times there last time not so long ago, so I guess I was and am a moron.

I was never banned there, hard to believe lol, but it was due to the fact there was little to argue about, I think in 4-5 years I posted 200 or so times. Most of that was sales or theft reports. I'm sure with more action I could have been a moron too :(

Last edited:

james2002

Buying Premium Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Got email from them saying they would start auction for the forum from $10,000 with $500 increments.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom