• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

closed DownloadMusic-Legally.com Overture of more than 1 MILLION

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bellissima

New Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Mar 24, 2006
Messages
94
Reaction score
0
Hi,

any thoughts about the value of the domain I reg 5 minutes ago ? :

www.DownloadMusic-Legally.com

Enter the words " Download music legally " into Overture search tool and you will see the results..... it has been searched MORE than 1 million time this month

I don't think that the dash should lower that much the value of the domain as it splits in a fair way the sentence : DownloadMusic but Legally ! ( of course there is no BUT but a dash instead )
 
Worth zero -- hyphenated, long and nondescript. Sorry. IMHO. I mean -- take a look at it again. Your OT is a long shot also.
 
so do you mean that a sentence searched for more than 1 million times is not interesting for a domainer ? Regarding the non descript, I do not agree as it tells very clearly what the website is all about..... DownloadMusic in a legal way....

Anyway, these are just my 2 cents....
 
I gave my opinion and apppraisal - prove me wrong.
 
Thanks for your opinion anyway.

Is there someone else with any other point of view ? If not, they I'll assume you are right :spider: :plane:
 
Hey - this if for appraisals, not for insurance underwriting.
 
lol ! of course not !:bump2:

I would love to have different inputs from other traders as well...:grouphug:
 
Bring those appraisals on!
 
Don't get me wrong AzooZa, I reg this domain an hour ago so I didn't receive any appraisal yet.

I was hoping to have some from different people in this thread :couch2:
 
i agree, its worth zero. Its 3 words with only 1 dash. For it to make sense it would need either no dashes or two dashes to split up each word. It is also very long.
 
I agree with the above appraisals. Not worth anything. If the dash wasn't there, you would have something. Develope it into a music site with lots of traffic than you will have something also.
 
You can SEO it and it should get some traffic from msn which likes this kind of domains. I would say $20 for that reason. 10x more if it had been between all words
 
Thanks for your suggestion SKH ! And welcome to DNFORUM !
 
The hyphen kills it. It's too long as well. Good keywords though so as others have suggested it could rank high in MSN. I wouldn't say it's worthless but I think you will have a hard time finding a buyer. Your best bet is to develop it!
Just my 2 cents anyways.
 
Thanks for your Input VisualDigits ! It's highly appreciated :roll:
 
Delete-This-Name-Immediately.com. And get your refund.

Good Keywords my arse! Might as well have DownloadMusic73.com if you want keywords.

As a general rule, if you haven't made a lot of money (or are new) in the domain business then the odds of you hand-regging names that are worth anything are very slim. You can save a lot of time by buying a few times from expired domain lists or Snap Names. This way, you know that at least one other person has believed in the name at one point.

Think of all the money that would be saved if people weren't allowed to hand-register names during their first few months in the business. I would have saved a bunch of dough myself....it is a right of passage I think.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom