Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

EscrowDNS.com - the new standard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rockefeller

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
There was a problem with the calculator, that has been fixed. If you received an outrageous escrow fee, please try again now.

Rockefeller

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Appears to be a scammer at work trying to steal Godaddy domains. Always make sure that the message under your transaction match up to any emails that you are receiving.

Also, please note, our Godaddy account info WILL ALWAYS be:

user name: escrowdns
email: [email protected]

NOTHING ELSE! PLEASE WRITE THIS DOWN FOR FUTURE REFERENCE. We are also in the process of adding a warning when you setup a transaction. The scammer is spoofing emails from EscrowDNS and Escrow.com to make it appear that you should push a domain name into a scammers account.

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Do you have an example of an escrow.com transaction this happened with this guy?

Rockefeller

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Same way, he targets people that do not know the process of escrow.com and spoofs an email from them asking them to push the domain name into "their" account

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Same way, he targets people that do not know the process of escrow.com and spoofs an email from them asking them to push the domain name into "their" account

Not sure I understand, escrow.com does not handle the name at all, it would be a push into the buyers account, not escrows. Escrow.com notifies me they received funds, I log in and confirm and THEN I push the name to the buyer/transfer however he wants it. I always check the status at escrow.com first for two reasons, first it verifies funds received and secondly I make sure the account I push or accept transfer from is matching the escrow sender. If they use private info and are slow to release funds and accept merchandise I can have funds released asap with one phone call.

So there is no name or example of escrow.com having the same spoof take place?

Rockefeller

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Nope, don't have an example, but have been having people contact me for the last 3 days saying that they have had their domain names stolen out of Godaddy and escrow.com was one of the services used. Seller wasn't familiar with escrow.com process, scammer initiated a transaction there and spoof emailed to seller asking to push the domain name to their account, which appeared to be from Escrow.com.

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Why is no one posting the spoof mail with headers etc, would be helpful.

Rockefeller

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Good idea, bdjuf and others, if you could post that, that'd be great

Rockefeller

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If we do not hear from the buyer within 1 day we will release the payment, as long as WE are the ones that pushed the domain name. Some sellers insist on going around our procedures and pushing the domain name directly to the buyer, in that case, the seller will have to wait until we hear back from the buyer. If we do not hear from him after 4 business days and the domain name is in the buyer's name, we will then release payment.

cleverlyslick

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hey Justin, I just registered for escrowdns,however I have not received confirmation email.

Rockefeller

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
EscrowDNS will be launching several new features in the next few months, including a "Rent 2 Buy" option which would allow you to purchase any domain name and pay one low monthly payment per month.

nicedomains

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I thought I read that escrowdns.com is for sale. You still own and operate it Justin, and are now talking of new features. Is it still for sale?

Rockefeller

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
EscrowDNS is no longer for sale and is currently changing ownership. I will be working hand in hand with the new owner to implement new features and will stay on our staff for quite awhile.

Makis77

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Is this service still active?
I tried to login but I was asked for a confirmation code.
Went through confirmation process twice but still I m not able to login.

Rockefeller

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yes the service is still active. Did you happen to email support or make sure that you're typing in your password correctly?

James

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I was able to log-in...everything is still there ..transactions etc....

Makis77

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I tried to login after quite some time and was asked to activate my acocunt from an email whci I received short after.
Even though I gone through the activation process twice I still cant loging and receive the following message:
"Send Validation again:

Your Account is still not active,
please activate it using the code we sent to your email.
"

Rockefeller

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Again, what is the point of posting it here without even attempting to contact support for THE website? I have opened a support ticket for you, you should be receiving a temporary password shortly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators