• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

.EU domains sellers on crack

Status
Not open for further replies.
Value is value. NO- NO- NO .eu domain name is worth more than a .com. So, they should sell them at reasonable prices that do not exceed their .com equivelent. They can sell them to me for end user prices for all I care but they are not doing that they are being silly at this stage of the game. Mole said it best; "The first year of any major tld launch is the absolutely worst time to buy on the resale market". I have to agree with Mole 100% although the one trend with .eu is worse than those of others. See, when .in's were made public people jumped on them and sold them for some decent prices but never above a .com, now with .eu people have some illusion that .eu is going to comete with .com or something so they jacked up the prices beyond a fair market value for a reseller or end user therby losing sales and stalling .eu growth. I predict .de will do better than .eu for some time to come especially if these people, who ever they are continue to control or hold the .eu market hostage. Cheers,

Acro
 
I fully agree that some of the .eu owners want ridiculous sums for crappy names, but I have read offers for i.e. lll domains like high $xx.
At that stage I would rather keep any .eu than selling it for peanuts.
 
Its all the hype, wait till it all goes away and they will hopefully realise that 3 word domain which gets 0 typeins a month isnt worth 100K lol
 
typeins said:
Its all the hype, wait till it all goes away and they will hopefully realise that 3 word domain which gets 0 typeins a month isnt worth 100K lol
You said it!

I've never seen so much "you're dreaming" value speculation before in my years.

The continued delays in liberating the .eu name space combined with the increase in awareness to the domain industry (based on media-friendly domain stories which aren't represenative of the industry as a whole) only created an environment in which we now have a bubble with over-speculated values of .eu names and wild expectations of having "won the lottery" on a 3-word .eu domain with hyphens! (Not to say some people's idea of 1 or 2 word .eu values are any better.)

Forseeing this, I'm sure other experienced domainers only added fuel to the fire in stoking the hype so as the take advantage of other inexperienced domainers, feeding off this for their own benefit (of course, this happens everywhere, but with such a large opportunity as this, I am sure it has played it's fair part in this debacle).

I can't wait to see what happens next in this Soap Opera:
"Like sands thru the hour glass... these... are the days... of our lives!" :P

Best Success in All Your Endeavours!
 
He was pulling your chain obviously, since you wasted his time offering xxx while knowing very well that the same name in .com is worth six fig's

I said I made a solid offer on the domain. Solid being high $xx,xxx not low $xxx.
 
Rarethings said:
I said I made a solid offer on the domain. Solid being high $xx,xxx not low $xxx.

Expression "solid offer" is highly subjective, considering that you think com counterpart is worth low six fig's at best, I would consider your high five fig offer to be "superb" (rather than just "solid") offer at this point in time.
 
There's definitely too much speculation for .eu names. I laugh just skimming through some of the useless junk that members have preregistered with great difficulty. Who do these jokers think we are? Stupid? I can go to a registrar and register better names than the one offered at $100k.

.eu is going to fail. The launch was a mess, with the sunrise period and fake TMs taking all the good names, unlike the FFA of the .co.in/.in names. Good job for those who had some sense to back off after they didn't get the premium names, instead of some kids who regged horrible 2 worders and 15 letter 3 worders....
 
acronym007 said:
Value is value. NO- NO- NO .eu domain name is worth more than a .com. So, they should sell them at reasonable prices that do not exceed their .com equivelent. They can sell them to me for end user prices for all I care but they are not doing that they are being silly at this stage of the game. Mole said it best; "The first year of any major tld launch is the absolutely worst time to buy on the resale market". I have to agree with Mole 100% although the one trend with .eu is worse than those of others. See, when .in's were made public people jumped on them and sold them for some decent prices but never above a .com, now with .eu people have some illusion that .eu is going to comete with .com or something so they jacked up the prices beyond a fair market value for a reseller or end user therby losing sales and stalling .eu growth. I predict .de will do better than .eu for some time to come especially if these people, who ever they are continue to control or hold the .eu market hostage. Cheers,

Acro

Amen

If it is not .com, I am not interested, and any other established buyer will feel the same.

:painkiller:
 
I'm surprised people aren't more worried about the .eu commission taking steps that will significantly hurt the speculation value of domains.

When something is getting this much attention, government tends to get involved. If France, England and Germany are leading the charge, they are all considerably more socialist than the U.S. I tend to think they will create rules intended to bring the most benefit to the entire population, not to the owners of domain names.

I could easily see the .eu commission creating new rules to take back domains that don't get developed quickly. Or put an 80% tax on the profit from the sale of undeveloped domains. Or limit the number of times a domain can be sold in a time-period.

I said in another post that I don't think it's unreasonable that the E.U. might also outlaw typo-squatting, cyber-squatting, parking pages or gambling sites.
 
lawpal said:
Amen

If it is not .com, I am not interested, and any other established buyer will feel the same.

Again, it does not matter what you think. This extension was created to serve the end user European market, not some bored domain reseller. So rest assured that it will live without your, or any other "established buyer" participation.

Duckinla said:
I'm surprised people aren't more worried about the .eu commission taking steps that will significantly hurt the speculation value of domains.

When something is getting this much attention, government tends to get involved. If France, England and Germany are leading the charge, they are all considerably more socialist than the U.S. I tend to think they will create rules intended to bring the most benefit to the entire population, not to the owners of domain names.

This is quite possible theoretically, but they could also take American style approach as it will no doubt start to happen in Europe slowly but surely (even in France, just look at the latest troubles there.

Duckinla said:
I could easily see the .eu commission creating new rules to take back domains that don't get developed quickly. Or put an 80% tax on the profit from the sale of undeveloped domains. Or limit the number of times a domain can be sold in a time-period.

I said in another post that I don't think it's unreasonable that the E.U. might also outlaw typo-squatting, cyber-squatting, parking pages or gambling sites.

I think that would be very hard to do practically due to dynamic nature of Internet. It will also hurt their image, commerce, and could leave them potentially legally liable.
 
I found one seller that has two domains I made offers on, on Sedo and I have been having a nice conversation with him on Sedo. He says his domain, advertising.eu, will sell on eBay for over 100k which is hilarious because the top offer is now 6k. LOL. He's still making a nice profit but 100k a week after intro....Dude, for real, catch the wave... This dude is either Sasquatch himself or it's his twin. Hehe.


These are the two domains going for 100k if you guys are interested. I pass.

http://cgi.ebay.com/advertising-eu-...ryZ11153QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

advertising.eu
elove.eu
 
.eu has a long way to go before it takes off especially here in the u.k as the .co.uk took a while to get moving,i am in business not online but in this country i would regard .co.uk for business just in this country and .com for international business .eu ? just european business and **** the rest of the world "dont think so " no thanks not for me.
 
acronym007 said:
I found one seller that has two domains I made offers on, on Sedo and I have been having a nice conversation with him on Sedo. He says his domain, advertising.eu, will sell on eBay for over 100k which is hilarious because the top offer is now 6k. LOL. He's still making a nice profit but 100k a week after intro....Dude, for real, catch the wave... This dude is either Sasquatch himself or it's his twin. Hehe.


These are the two domains going for 100k if you guys are interested. I pass.

http://cgi.ebay.com/advertising-eu-...ryZ11153QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

advertising.eu
elove.eu

Listen "dude", there's only one Advertising.eu name, and right now it's worth at least 100k. Advertising is huge and sexy business and very applicable to Internet as well. On this name alone a multimillion dollar European business can be built. Tremendous and legit potential! Also, 100k is nothing for a company that has access to millions. In three days time watch this name go for six figures to either a smart domain speculator, an ambitious European based startup, or a big Euro business like Deutche Telecom. My bet is on the first two.

The days of waiting for "market" to tell you where you should go are long over. This is a feeding frenzy, and the same "too late to catch the gravy train" mistakes will not be repeated this time around. It takes no visionary to see that. Mark my words.
 
That domain is nowhere near worth 100k, nowhere near it. This domain will not go to 100k in three days unless it's a false bid. A smart person would not pay that much for a .eu but like I said in all my previous statements I would be happy to see it because all domain sales regardless of the TLD are good for the industry. This must be your domain for wanting this sale to be 100k otherwise you would be more objective, it simply won't sell for that high. Cheers,

Acro
 
acronym007 said:
That domain is nowhere near worth 100k, nowhere near it. This domain will not go to 100k in three days unless it's a false bid.

I said what I said.

acronym007 said:
A smart person would not pay that much for a .eu

The trouble with that statement is implication that "smart person" is the only type of buyer in the existence today. To the contrary, you don't have to be smart to be a buyer. Good part of American real estate landscape went through the roof in the last 3-4 years. Who contributed to that? Was it only "smart buyers", or was it the fairy tale media and government hypers, their audience believers, predatory bankers and lenders, and professional risk takers?

acronym007 said:
This must be your domain for wanting this sale to be 100k

Oh I wish.

acronym007 said:
otherwise you would be more objective

"Objectivity" was permanently thrown out of "domain industry" in last couple of years.
 
.eu will fail, especially if the EU is running it.
 
at this point everyone is simply speaking from either

speculation or assumption

no one has any facts to support anything..also one important thing to note is that you can't simply say that .eu will fail because other blah blah tld failed..thats nonsense..

another important factor to remember is that .us has many alternatives such .ca for canadians i know but .ca also representing california.. .la representing los angeles..now apply the same method vice versa to eu..you have .co.uk and .de
 
The rich get richer and the poor get poorer. It is all speculation, hell this business is all speculating a buyer.
 
I certainly hope .eu will succeed.

I have a bunch that I need to sell and all this negative talk is getting me nervous.
 
Even if .eu succeeds, you need to be prepared to hold on to these domains for a few years before selling.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom