Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Exclusive Membership: Your Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Upvote 0

JMJ

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'll upgrade when I reach my 90,000 post mark or whatever it will take to get there with DNF but unfortunately the meaning of "Lifetime" won't be so meaningful anymore as I will probably be in the grave.

Domain Summit 2024

.com.net.org

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Let's try the FREE trial which will be started tomorrow.

beatz

Cool Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
My 2 cents:

Sure the new membership level will offer things in addition that were not available before, but the problem is this:

"The idea of Platinum was to give access to everything."

Exactly.

Most of us signed up for platinum because they thought "Oh dear, if it helps DNF and if that's the way to get hold of ALL the features on DNF, then i'll pay those darn dollars".

But the new level means that this is what you actually ARE taking away from the platinum membership:

To have access to ALL the available features.

Anyway - no way i will spent that kind of money for a forum membership.

Plus - "Professional appraisals" ?!?!

Excuse me ?!

I recall that we had a tagline under "Appraisals" that kinda said "Don't WASTE your money on 'professional' appraisals"

And that was for a reason.

It's kinda common knowledge amongst domainers, especially amongst folks here that there is no thing as a "professional" appraisal - now by implementing such a section just for the money you are actually hurting DNF's credibility more and more.

Have fun.

Btw - how come places like WHT don't charge at all for memberships?

M

mole

Originally posted by GiantDomains

You DO have access to everything that was offerred at that time. I am not aware of anything that says Platinum members will have access to every feature that is ever added at dnforum. I think you are wrong, and this was never said, but please feel free to prove me wrong. :)

Statements like this really makes my blood boil, cool down mole, cool down mole...

URLtrader

Domain Champ
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Correct me if get it wrong. Can we pay 400 DNF $ for New Exclusive Membership priced at $399.95 per year ?

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
no.... 39995 DNF$ for the exclusive membership.....

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
its 100 DNF$ = $1 USD

URLtrader

Domain Champ
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by GT Web
its 100 DNF$ = $1 USD

I thought so. That is why we should call it DNF Cents instead of DNF $ to show its true value.

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
lol, very true....

I wonder how many exclusive members Adam thinks he will get...I will say maybe 25 exclusive members this year, which means the exclusive area will turn into ghost forums....and then there is no point being there - but I will wait and see if I am proven wrong

M

mole

I wonder how many exclusive members Adam thinks he will get...I

I'm waiting for Yun Ye and Mike Mann to sign up! I don't mind paying a thousand bucks to tell them what I think about them taking my drop targets from under my nose. Money well spent! :)

izopod

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
lol, very true....

I wonder how many exclusive members Adam thinks he will get...I will say maybe 25 exclusive members this year, which means the exclusive area will turn into ghost forums....and then there is no point being there - but I will wait and see if I am proven wrong

????

Look son, do the math, even at 25 exclusive memberships, Adam would be doing pretty damn good. I'm sure his "projected" numbers for memberships this year are a little higher, but still, 25 isn't that bad at that price.

Keep in mind, the exclusive area wasn't meant for small "chit chat". It's about access, inside info, drops, ecommerce, etc. I think this area will "morph" into something spectacular. I would like to see it become a "think tank" for web projects, venture capital, etc. To this end, I hope that adam stays the course and keeps the price where it's at. I would hate to buy a membership only to find drivel like yours in the "Exclusive Area"....

Are you slowly getting the picture GT...

beatz

Cool Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Izopod - are *you* getting the picture ?

Point is, when we all joined up for platinum, that's basically what we were told: That the platinum sections weren't meant for small chit chat, that it was about access, inside info, drops, ecommerce etc.

Now all that is about to moved to the exclusive area.

Do *you* get it now why most of us feel something indeed is taken away from the platinum membership and why we feel kind ripped off ?!

Spider

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

Nothing was moved and I don't believe "most" feel that something was taken away. There are a few who keep posting the same thing but it doesn't look like there is a large mass behind you to be honest. If you wait out the 30 days and you still feal the same then bring it up then. If you aren't even willing to give this a chance then I don't know what to tell you because you have already made up your mind.

izopod

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by beatz

Point is, when we all joined up for platinum, that's basically what we were told: That the platinum sections weren't meant for small chit chat, that it was about access, inside info, drops, ecommerce etc.

I will agree that the "Platinum" account was billed as the "top" membership at the time we signed up, but it didn't have the kind of features the "Exclusive" area has.

Think of it this way beatz. As a business owner, you have to constantly upgrade your services to remain competitive. GregR and now Adam, have always treated DNF as a business. THe result: Many quality sales, information, and access.

I think what your pissed at is you won't have access to the new services (after a month) unless you upgrade your account. This has nothing to do with "what" we were promised because if it were, there isn't an argument because under the "Platinum" agreement we got everything advertised (and will continue to do so).

So let's cut to the chase, shall we? Discussion shouldn't be wasted on inneuendo and hyperbole.

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by beatz

Do *you* get it now why most of us feel something indeed is taken away from the platinum membership and why we feel kind ripped off ?!

Actually this was what was promised, by Gregr in an announcement on 2/12/2003:-

Platinum Plan:
- Annual membership fee of $49.95
- All the features of the Gold Plan.
- Ability to list domains for auctions.
- Ability to create threads in the advertising section.
- Access to a Platinum member only forum.
- Ability to have links, colors and size control in your forum signature.
- Get 5 free guest passes for 2 weeks of Gold membership each.
- Discounted SnapBacks® (available shortly)
- 800 DNF$ Bonus Now through March 12, 2003

What is being taken away?

beatz

Cool Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Izopod already said it:

Platinum was billed as the top membership.

Well now it isn't anymore.

Hope that anwers your question....:rolleyes:

URLtrader

Domain Champ
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
$400 per year ? No , thanks.

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by izopod

????

Look son, do the math, even at 25 exclusive memberships, Adam would be doing pretty damn good. I'm sure his "projected" numbers for memberships this year are a little higher, but still, 25 isn't that bad at that price.

Keep in mind, the exclusive area wasn't meant for small "chit chat". It's about access, inside info, drops, ecommerce, etc. I think this area will "morph" into something spectacular. I would like to see it become a "think tank" for web projects, venture capital, etc. To this end, I hope that adam stays the course and keeps the price where it's at. I would hate to buy a membership only to find drivel like yours in the "Exclusive Area"....

Are you slowly getting the picture GT...

I know he will be doing great financially if he gets 25 members...thats not my point

Most of these forums are based on other users (I will pay ? for this domain, brokerage, club, etc) I dont think Adam will get enough exclusive members to make those sections worthwhile...

Why is everyone taking only the negatives out of my posts? I have commended Adam for his work adding new features and expanding the forum.....but other members dont seem to care about the nice things I say...

Spider

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Windows 95 was billed as the top OS. Were you pissed off when they came out with Windows 98? You can't always fall back on a blanket statement like that when you know things will have to change to get better.

The only thing that stays the same is change.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom